The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Bishops turn on Boris Johnson for defending Dominic Cummings

C of E may refuse to work with government in pandemic after PM ‘breaks trust of nation’

Church of England bishops have fired a volley of unprecedented criticism at Boris Johnson over his defence of actions taken by his chief aide, Dominic Cummings. One suggested the church could decline to work with the government during the coronavirus crisis “unless we see clear repentance, including the sacking of Cummings”.

More than a dozen bishops questioned the integrity of the prime minister following his press conference on Sunday, in which he refused to acknowledge that Cummings had breached lockdown rules when he travelled with his infected wife and their child to Durham.

The bishops said Johnson’s defence was “risible”, that he had “no respect for the people”, “lacked integrity”, and risked undermining the trust of the public. Pete Broadbent, the bishop of Willesden, tweeted: “Johnson has now gone the full Trump.”

Grauniad

Cant stand this Government, what they stand for and how out of touch with the average working man they are, they are indefensible. That said and I in no way condone the bloke or the way this has been dealt with but he came across way better then I expected, way less weird and arrogant, quite normal.

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The Queen needs to step in here, what powers does she have?

The power to sit the **** down, shut up, smile, and do what her elected government tell her, as it should be.

It astonishes me how willing people are to throw democracy away when it doesn't go the way they like. This lot are a gaggle of words removed, and at some point they'll pay for it at the ballot box, but if you want the Queen to save you I think you're beyond saving. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The power to sit the **** down, shut up, smile, and do what her elected government tell her, as it should be.

It astonishes me how willing people are to throw democracy away when it doesn't go the way they like. This lot are a gaggle of words removed, and at some point they'll pay for it at the ballot box, but if you want the Queen to save you I think you're beyond saving. 

Noooooooo you've spoilt it, I thought we were all just having a larrrrf

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Xann said:

Grauniad

“no respect for the people”, “lacked integrity”, and risked undermining the trust of the public “....
tbh I thought he was talking about the church for a moment ... strange view for the church though where kiddy fiddling is ok but legally going for a drive to a family home is a red line for the church 

Probably more for the things you often wonder thread but after this statement , Does the church now join Piers Morgan on the VT approved list ? 

Posted it on the other thread as well, but this is the big brain behind CCHQ operations, the man in No. 10 who pulls the strings. Faking things on the internet to make it look like he's a **** pandemic Nostradamus.

The emperor is wearing no clothes, chaps. If you think this clown is a genius, I have a a cure for covid to sell you.

• Like 1

@Davkaus didn't see you had posted that on the other thread. It's just perfect really. A perfect encapsulation of where this guy is at: adding clairvoyant shit to old blog posts so that he can boast about it in meetings, without realising it's the easiest thing in the world to discover he's done exactly that.

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

“no respect for the people”, “lacked integrity”, and risked undermining the trust of the public “....
tbh I thought he was talking about the church for a moment ... strange view for the church though where kiddy fiddling is ok but legally going for a drive to a family home is a red line for the church 

Probably more for the things you often wonder thread but after this statement , Does the church now join Piers Morgan on the VT approved list ? 

Over the last decade, reckon the C of E churches have been a bit tied up with offsetting the effects of austerity in their parishes, rather than concentrating on their primary concern, buggering children.

Her parents are church goers. When I first met them around 2005, they did do some work with the poor, but they were having barbecues for the congregation and teaching English to Eastern Europeans here for agricultural work (East Anglia). Now it's all about poverty. She works the church food bank, he works at the credit union trying to get people out of debt traps.

These days my local churches hosts food banks, playgroups and gatherings where the old and lonely get together. People have come to rely on these services, as the state has slashed assistance The church will be painfully aware of the difficulties for the poor and disadvantaged during lockdown. It will also be aware of the pain felt by friends and families of those that have died during this period, unable to to attend services. That's all services, not just the tens of thousands that have died because of Covid and mismanagement.

So yeah, what they have to say is relevant, and no wonder they're pissed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve just written to my MP, asking for Cummings to be sacked.

Did you throw in a request  for Stephen Kinnock  as well whilst you were at it , appreciate he’s a different party but I’m sure your MP has some good connections and can do it as a buy one get one free 

Just now, chrisp65 said:

There’s been a constant line of ‘whataboutery’ regarding Kinnock, largely, on social media from people that think mentioning Kinnock will shut up the lefties.

I can only presume 99% of it must be from people that have no idea how ‘the left’ feels about Kinnock.

He’s an inconsequential Labour MP for Aberavon. As I’m not Labour and I’m not from Aberavon, it didn’t cross my mind to mention it to my local tory MP.

Your confusing me with someone who uses social media .

Cummings is an advisor , the inconsequential Kinnock is an active sitting MP , both funded by the tax payer ... of the 2 I’d say an MP should be  more accountable to people than a special advisor , I’m sure we can agree on that  ...

As you like letter writing , If you’d like me to get Purslow’s email address so you can write to the club and demand we sack Grealish then PM me 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Your confusing me with someone who uses social media .

Cummings is an advisor , the inconsequential Kinnock is an active sitting MP , both funded by the tax payer ... of the 2 I’d say an MP should be  more accountable to people than a special advisor , I’m sure we can agree on that  ...

As you like letter writing , If you’d like me to get Purslow’s email address so you can write to the club and demand we sack Grealish then PM me 

What on earth are you on about?

I’ve written to my own local tory MP about this shit show of a tory special advisor to the tory prime minister disregarding the tory policy he helped formulate. Something which undermines the country’s efforts in a pandemic. What exactly do you think I’ve done wrong?

• Like 3

Â