Who's to blame?

Marka Ragnos

Who's mostly to blame?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who's mostly to blame for our current predicament?

• The Players
    • A Certain Former Manager (name below, please)
    • Randy
    • Timmy
    • The Supporters (or lack)
    • The Football Gods
    • A Nasal Conspiracy
    • The Premier League
    • Historical Forces
    • Other (name below, please)

I blame the fans ..... we knew it would take half a season to get things moving, We haven't even done a quarter of the season and we are slashing our wrists and shooting people. Judge progress in January, not now ..... even if that means we are bottom at Christmas !

Edited by Paul33

this is what Sky has done to our beloved game !

We have 11 new players to gel into a settled team, we have injuries to the two brightest signings ! the last game was the first this season where we have looked crap and not up for it, we had 3 seasons of that under Lambert !

We have 11 new players to gel into a settled team, we have injuries to the two brightest signings ! the last game was the first this season where we have looked crap and not up for it, we had 3 seasons of that under Lambert !

Only 3 of his signings started against WBA. 

• Like 1

Yeah it's not like the good old days where you'd give managers 50 games' worth of losses before you started wondering if they were up to spec or not. 

The squad is overall quite a lot better than it was at the end of last season IMO - meaning it's the manager who isn't getting enough out of it.

fully disagree.

just because we've signed a lot of players, it doesn't mean our squad is better at all. A lot of the players we've signed aren't good enough and just because they sit on the bench, it doesn't mean we have a better squad.

Who's to blame? Whoever sanctioned Ayew and Gestede and thought they'd be good enough to replace the main reason we've stayed up for the last 3 years. 

• Like 1

Never just one thing that leads to a club struggling, always more complicated than that.

For us Randy is obviously responsible looking at the bigger picture. Lack of funds and wrong managerial choices...

This season TIMMY!!! is a large part of the problem, with his "tactics", selections and lack of proactiveness (not really a word is it?)

Along with the players who are not doing their part either, we are in big do-do.

Edited by sne

Worst form in the league along with Newcastle at the moment.

If Blues turn us over tomorrow night in a gutless display, I think he'll have lost the remaining fans and then it's a matter of time. 

Which is, quite frankly, pathetic.

Lerner to blame pure and simple.  Decisions made re team investment budget his,  managerial appointments his.  It's a combination of both of those things why we are where we are.  So it's his fault

I blame the ones that are the only ones to get us out of it.....The players

They need to man up.

It's interesting because if this poll had happened last year, I'm sure the players would get more blame. But with all the new blood, they seem less culpable somehow?

There are many things you can aim at the chairman, the manager, the coaches......but there is one thing they can only influence and encourage, because it is intrinsic.

Fight and the will to win....sure many things take time......That quality should be there from day one......and the local lads, for them to not display it ,is sinful

• Like 1

This club needs stability, a manager like Sherwood is a risk but could potentially be a great success. A manager like Pullis would of stabilised us for a couple of seasons until the club was sold and then we could look into progressing into the top end of the table.

At the moment its just to risky to give a manager like Sherwood free reins on a club who narrowly avoid relegation every season. I do hope he works out but I have to lay the blame on Lerner who took so long to remove Lambert and then replace him with the risky Sherwood.

Edited by jasoncb
  • Like 1

There's no blame yet if we're talking about the current squad not clicking.  Old Father Time will take care of that.  However, if we're talking about the wider topic of Villa as a club and the general direction it's going in, then it has to come down to Randy, as he's the one who does or does not sign the cheques.

• Like 3

the ultimate blame is with the manager as he buys the players, the gamble in awye,gested,has not worked,sorry but the Premier League has no time,its a game at the end of the day & players are bought & paid to do their job,

the awye signing feels the worst as the cost of 10m compared to his brother fee (free) ,typical that one is scoreing & one is not

the goal keeping has been a thorn & were still suffering from it,

we were 1 point from the drop last year,from the evidence of the season so far the same wont be repeated this time around,

the blues will win tomorrow & the manager will "focus" on the league but poor players will be poor players

Perhaps we should have spent £ 32.5 mill on a striker and the goals would be flowing now......not<_<

Randy, has no effect on them putting a shift in , busting a gut.

I am not advocating that we try to become another Wimbledon.....but by

Christ there is a few things we could learn from them right now.....and we would have more points if nothing else.

......and no.....none of it was created, influenced, directed, or orchestrated by Sam Hammam

ps Doug Ellis did not inspire Andy Gray or Shaun Teale or Andy lochead either.

Edited by TRO

What Tim Sherwood needs is a couple of players in the squad who can rattle a few cages....a Robbie Savage ( dare i say it) or Joey Barton Type

He needs some battlers, desperately

• Like 1

just a thought.....and gazing around the other teams, & drifting in to the past even with our own team.

When is the last time we had 2 reasonably prolific strikers i.e

Gray & Little

Shaw & Withe

Saunders & Atkinson

How difficult has it been for any striker at Villa in recent times?

Edited by TRO

the fans, we expect too much :ph34r:

I disagree, I think we ( the fans) have been extremely tolerant to all the poor decisions that have been made by staff of the club in recent years.....we deserve better, particularly the away fans

However, It is folly to be turning on a manager so early in his stewardship, when there has been so much change.

I am not advocating, everything is ok and I'm not advocating that all is well....we have problems.....but he needs us right now.

He is clearly, hurt by the start, as we are .....I know its a bit of a cliche......but we really do need to stick together at present.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â