Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

11 hours ago, av1 said:

Had we picked up 4 points from Norwich and Sunderland, I would have dived head first onto the 'we can do it' train, Sadly I think it's just to late. 

You can't think about 'what ifs', it will drive you insane.

especially considering the goal we scored last night to breath life back into the old dog!

• Like 1

Losing to Norwich and Sunderland killed us.

Absolutely killed us.

We're gone.

Funnily enough I can see us beating Leicester and it'll all get very very exciting. Still think we'll get relegated with that victory.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, av1 said:

But when you've won 2 games In 19, picked up your first home league win since the General Election, and have 2 strikers with the turning circle of the QE2 and the touch of a rapist, 9 wins in 17 is a very big ask. ;)

I'm under no illusion!

A lot will depend on who comes in in Jan, my fear is no one that will make that much difference. 

There is zero point looking back. The first win came when it came, that being last night. It starts now.

We want a Sunderland win tonight, or do we? Perhaps a draw is the best result for us. At end of it we need to have caught at least three of them and I don't think we want to see Sunderland with more wind in their sails. I can see Bournemouth or Norwich imploding regardless, despite the money spent.

Please Randy, now is the time.

in November you always thought it was us and Sunderland with one of Bournemouth and Norwich  to come down with us ... and then Swansea play a blinder not seen since Newcastle appointed John Carver  and increase our odds of survival from 100000000000000 -1 to 99999999999999-1

lets see what the table looks like in 5 games time I guess

Wouldnt get too carried away just yet.  I know one win can do that but not only do we need all the wins we also need a lot of other results to go for us EVERY WEEK.  Not just one week or two but every week other results need to go for us and then we also need to win our own games!  It is too much to ask in my humble opinion

I'm still extremely confident that we are down, but that shouldn't get in the way of being much happier about winning.

We've shown that we can fight and grind a result out, let's just play with no pressure and see where that takes us.

Expect nothing, you might be surprised.

• Like 3

I would like to play devil’s advocate for a moment.  Whilst basking in the glow of an unexpected victory last night I started wondering what events had transpired between the insipid display at Wycombe and the committed display against Palace.  It has only been a couple of days between the two matches, but the performance on the pitches were worlds apart.  Obviously there are the changes to the starting 11, so it can be argued that at last we found a formula and a team ethos within those 11 souls that can drive that greater level of effort. 

There is one other thing that stood out between the two matches and it was the tirade of abuse delivered to the player getting on the coach at Wycombe.  I do wonder if the obviously unacceptable and foul attack by a small number of oafs may have pricked the cossetted bubble that the players live in and hit home more than they would care to admit.  Are these intellectually challenged, socially unacceptable Neanderthals not the heroes we deserve, but the heroes we need and do we owe them a debt of thanks?

• Like 3

We were debating walking back to the car last night and you have to concentrate on the closest team to you, that is Sunderland at the moment and 4 points! Try to catch them one at a time!! I too think it maybe just a little too much overall but win at the weekend and results go our way, then it could be really interesting.  

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Wouldnt get too carried away just yet.

I suspected there would be alot of desperate optimism in this thread after last night and I was right. We were gifted a goal by a team that we never really looked like scoring against and got our first home win of the season. The performance was better but we still didn't look like a team that's capable of staying up, no where near it in fact. The win last night just means that getting ~25 points this season might be possible as oppose to the < 20 we were headed for.

Edited by villa89

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There is zero point looking back. The first win came when it came, that being last night. It starts now.

We want a Sunderland win tonight, or do we? Perhaps a draw is the best result for us. At end of it we need to have caught at least three of them and I don't think we want to see Sunderland with more wind in their sails. I can see Bournemouth or Norwich imploding regardless, despite the money spent.

Please Randy, now is the time.

I honestly don't see the point in worrying about other teams' results. We need to avoid looking at the table. The challenge is to win 8-9 more matches this season, with 17 games to do so. It seems obviously impossible to me, but that's all the team need to be thinking about. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

a Swansea win tonight will kill any optimism from last night

I want a 7-7 draw

sunderland 1-3 at HT to really give me the shits

swansea to come back and lead 6-3 with 10 mins to go

the swansea give away a penalty and get a red card

sunderland taking the lead 6-7 with 40secs of injury time left me heading for the gas oven only for a swansea goal direct from the kick-off for a 7-7 draw (just as i have a cardiac opening the gas oven door)

4 hours ago, Straggler said:

I would like to play devil’s advocate for a moment.  Whilst basking in the glow of an unexpected victory last night I started wondering what events had transpired between the insipid display at Wycombe and the committed display against Palace.  It has only been a couple of days between the two matches, but the performance on the pitches were worlds apart.  Obviously there are the changes to the starting 11, so it can be argued that at last we found a formula and a team ethos within those 11 souls that can drive that greater level of effort. 

There is one other thing that stood out between the two matches and it was the tirade of abuse delivered to the player getting on the coach at Wycombe.  I do wonder if the obviously unacceptable and foul attack by a small number of oafs may have pricked the cossetted bubble that the players live in and hit home more than they would care to admit.  Are these intellectually challenged, socially unacceptable Neanderthals not the heroes we deserve, but the heroes we need and do we owe them a debt of thanks?

Straggler, don't tell me it was you in that brown duffle coat?

• Like 1

Looking at the remaining fixtures its difficult to see where the wins will be, let alone another 9!

Home:  Leicester; Norwich; Liverpool; Everton; Spurs; Chelsea; Bournemouth; Southampton; Newcastle

Away:   West Brom; West Ham; Stoke; Man City; Swansea; Manu Utd; Watford; Arsenal

Best chance at home i reckon, maybe four or five if we get very lucky, away may two at best three. And this is forgetting that we have been sh*te all season! 

Personally I think we will be lucky to make 20-24 points total by seasons end. Still in the Championship next season......

Edited by thunderball

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â