Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

the club really is an absolute disgrace and lets be honest we should have been relegated 3 or 4 years ago and did nothing to improve on it each season. 2 of last 3 seasons we were saved by 1 player and when he left you could see how garbage the team was 

we **** up the summer and we deserve what is happening. I dont blame the players they are trying but they are absolute crap, its not their fault its not their level and as I said its a miracle that our previous manager got a win from them

• Like 2

6 hours ago, bose said:

I'm willing to guarantee that if Lerner is still here next year we will not be promoted.

The club is damaged and the only constant has been Randy Lerner. We've had all sorts of different managers, revamped the squad a few times, changed CEO's, changed board members, changed recruiting policies and changed coaches. There is nothing at all to suggest that we will get it right in the Championship. We are sadly much more likely to be another Leeds or Nottingham Forest than Newcastle or West Ham when we go down.

I agree. My main concern is not getting relegated from the championship next season which is entirely possible with the current squad we have. Needs improving vastly.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

the club really is an absolute disgrace and lets be honest we should have been relegated 3 or 4 years ago and did nothing to improve on it each season. 2 of last 3 seasons we were saved by 1 player and when he left you could see how garbage the team was 

we **** up the summer and we deserve what is happening. I dont blame the players they are trying but they are absolute crap, its not their fault its not their level and as I said its a miracle that our previous manager got a win from them

Miracle worker Sherwood?  He caused some decent players to have their confidence shot and if it wasn't for his shit tactics in some earlier games we could have won.. We probably would never have been in this position. Can't believe people still defend that fool.

• Like 2

Miracle worker Sherwood?  He caused some decent players to have their confidence shot and if it wasn't for his shit tactics in some earlier games we could have won.. We probably would never have been in this position. Can't believe people still defend that fool.

It is simply not credible that a manager could cause "decent players" to have their "confidence shot" in the space of 10 matches.

Time was when the line was that Sherwood was a rubbish manager and all we needed to do was bring in a decent replacement to get them winning again.

Now that the much-hailed replacement has been achieving results that are only marginally better than Sherwood's, a new story is clearly needed but this one about Sherwood turning good players into bad ones is ludicrous.

• Like 2

Yeah I do like the idea that professional athletes who have worked with numerous coaches since being a kid, have had their entire self belief collapse so much that they can no longer perform because they played 10 games for Tim Sherwood. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah I do like the idea that professional athletes who have worked with numerous coaches since being a kid, have had their entire self belief collapse so much that they can no longer perform because they played 10 games for Tim Sherwood. 

Yep, there's a time where you just need to get the **** over it. If anything, a new manager coming in should give players fresh belief and energy, and an opportunity to show what they're really capable of. 

14 hours ago, Arj Guy said:

I didn't go today but even on the Sunderland forum they're saying it was a disgrace

Maybe but I know in embarrassing situations I just want to get out of wherever I am as quickly as possible...some people can take it in their stride but many can't. 

The team must be embarrassed by what they're producing as it is garbage.

I also think in a cynical way players do this applause thing solely because they know they'll be clapped back so it boosts the ego e.g. applauding the crowd when they get subbed after a poor game and the lower Trinity usually without fail gives them a standing ovation.

18 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Sorry but I think you are wrong. This "team" is absolutely S H I T E and will still be the same in the Championship. Anyone who thinks they will help bring us back up is deluded. AVFC is dying and that **** Lerner has well and truly screwed our future. 

Well i respectfully disagree. For starters Gestede scored 20 league goals last season in that league. Albeit a few years ago now, Sinclair got around the same when in the Championship. I think people often forget that the Championship is significantly worse than the Premier League. 

30 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Well i respectfully disagree. For starters Gestede scored 20 league goals last season in that league. Albeit a few years ago now, Sinclair got around the same when in the Championship. I think people often forget that the Championship is significantly worse than the Premier League. 

30 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Ultimately only time will tell but to counter I would also say 'people often forget that the Championship' is much tougher league in many ways and no place for lightweights which basically sums up much of our squad. As the likes of Bournemouth and Watford showed individual talent is less important that having  a team mentality in the Championship - we haven't got a 'team'. As for Gestede, people also forget that he had only one exceptional season. Prior to 2014/15 his goal scoring was abysmal. Sinclair made his name 4/5 years ago at Swansea and whether he can regain his form in the Championship is open to question. imho if we are to return quickly we need better players than we have. The few that we have that are any good re unlikely to hang around. 

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Even if we go down, the squad turns out to be an amazing championship winning team and we bounce straight up.... We still have the same group of players returning to the premiership.

no ifs or buts about it, we need to stop the rot, clear out the dead and/or overpaid wood and completely rebuild from the ground up.

I really don't think that we would "struggle" in the Championship but I don't think that we would bounce back up either.  I can easily see us floating around 8th to 10th and hoping for a paly-off place.

What an absolute pile of shite

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Maybe we're just planning to outdo West Brom, West Ham and Leicester's great escapes.

None of them were in such bad shape as us over last 3-4 seasons. Even those clowns know we are down.  The only joy for me is literally 2016 cannot be any worse than 2015

You lose confidence when you lose 7-8 matches on the spin. Play well and get dropped etc etc. He was an awful manager.  Fa cup semi win just makes his time here look decent 

5 minutes ago, KSV said:

You lose confidence when you lose 7-8 matches on the spin. Play well and get dropped etc etc. He was an awful manager.  Fa cup semi win just makes his time here look decent 

and beating Spurs at White Hart Lane and thrashing Sunderland at Stadium of Light plus outplaying City at Etihad when we got robbed

• Like 2

Sherwood did well to keep us up. We really should have gone down last year and if we got absolutely nothing else from him, we got a new manager bounce that energised our good players and we did enough to stay up and had some good wins. It was the most fun patch of football we've had in the last 3 or 4 years.

But those good players left, the bounce was over, and he made lots of stupid tactical decisions, all while carrying on like the arrogant charlatan he is.

I feel for Garde, he was dealt an absolutely awful hand. This isn't a good squad down on confidence, it's a squad that has been systematically transformed into the shittest squad in premier league history over the course of 6 or 7 seasons. There were no good players left to react with a new manager bounce, and half our squad was settling in to a new town and a new football club.

The only upside is that we might win the odd game next season. We've got some players who have gotten it done in the championship in the past. We just need to remember how to win. I almost want that mathematical relegation to come as soon as possible so we can forget about this charade of staying up and just start playing with a bit of freedom.

2 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Ultimately only time will tell but to counter I would also say 'people often forget that the Championship' is much tougher league in many ways and no place for lightweights which basically sums up much of our squad. As the likes of Bournemouth and Watford showed individual talent is less important that having  a team mentality in the Championship - we haven't got a 'team'. As for Gestede, people also forget that he had only one exceptional season. Prior to 2014/15 his goal scoring was abysmal. Sinclair made his name 4/5 years ago at Swansea and whether he can regain his form in the Championship is open to question. imho if we are to return quickly we need better players than we have. The few that we have that are any good re unlikely to hang around. 

The Championship is absolutely not a 'much tougher league in many ways'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

and beating Spurs at White Hart Lane and thrashing Sunderland at Stadium of Light plus outplaying City at Etihad when we got robbed

Plus beating West Ham, West Brom (twice) and Everton at home. Not defending him in any way though, the guy is a clown. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â