Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

Not sure about that but I think we won't be coming back anytime soon

I'd agree there. 

Every team in the championship is physical and willing to scratch and claw for every inch of turf.  We don't appear to have even one player willing to do that at the moment.

We should invest in championship ready players in this window, but knowing how unprepared the club is I'm not holding my breath.  

They can't seriously do a lap of honour at the end of the season. Would be the biggest piss take ever!

I think about 5 seasons or so in the championship might eventually do us some good - hopefully we could even be sold during this period. :)

We need to prepare now by getting in players who can fight in the Championship and have experience down there and getting out of there. 

today cemented it for me, dont get me wrong i thought a few weeks back we were down then after norwich and now sunderland its 100% confirmed it. honestly never thought id see the day but its been on the cards for the past 5 years now so i should not be surprised. aston villa in he championship :( enjoy it though because it will be fun, especially away days. my worry is that we are going to get stuck down there.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villafan306 said:

I'd agree there. 

Every team in the championship is physical and willing to scratch and claw for every inch of turf.  We don't appear to have even one player willing to do that at the moment.

We should invest in championship ready players in this window, but knowing how unprepared the club is I'm not holding my breath.  

We'd be going down a club in decay having won one game all season, with a smell of failure against teams some of whom will have won 20plus games, fighting to get out of that league and back to the promised land and fighting for the last couple of seasons so well experienced . We will stay there and actually do well to stay in that league.

in addition we will be a huge scalp for some of the smaller teams in that league, some of whom we have not exactly done well against in cup competitions recently. Huge game for them.

people will then say "ah but we will have a whole bunch of new players" , great we've seen what having a load of newbies has done for us this season and if Garde does stay they will be bought by someone not exactly versed in a promotion push.

add all that to the mix with the same owner and **** wit management team that have shown they know how to successfully run a football club and have the right culture for it and it's not a recipe for success. 

• Like 3

I think it's very premature to forecast a doomsday scenario where we end up in League 1. In all probability, we will be challenging for promotion next year, whether it be automatic or through the playoffs. Nothing guaranteed - it might easily take 2-3 years to come back up.

33 minutes ago, Richard said:

We'd be going down a club in decay having won one game all season, with a smell of failure against teams some of whom will have won 20plus games, fighting to get out of that league and back to the promised land and fighting for the last couple of seasons so well experienced . We will stay there and actually do well to stay in that league.

in addition we will be a huge scalp for some of the smaller teams in that league, some of whom we have not exactly done well against in cup competitions recently. Huge game for them.

people will then say "ah but we will have a whole bunch of new players" , great we've seen what having a load of newbies has done for us this season and if Garde does stay they will be bought by someone not exactly versed in a promotion push.

add all that to the mix with the same owner and **** wit management team that have shown they know how to successfully run a football club and have the right culture for it and it's not a recipe for success. 

Yep, if we continue like we are, and go down in this way, then we can say hello to Bolton on our way past to relegation from the championship.

Relegation on this form will be toxic for us, and only a miracle could resolve it.

Not over yet next time we play likely to have new signings team will look different. Just takes once influential player and all can change. Straw clutching yes, but we've got a window of opportunity to replace the likes of Guzan for starters.   

Just now, supernova26 said:

Not over yet next time we play likely to have new signings team will look different. Just takes once influential player and all can change. Straw clutching yes, but we've got a window of opportunity to replace the likes of Guzan for starters.   

It is over.

46 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

today cemented it for me, dont get me wrong i thought a few weeks back we were down then after norwich and now sunderland its 100% confirmed it. honestly never thought id see the day but its been on the cards for the past 5 years now so i should not be surprised. aston villa in he championship :( enjoy it though because it will be fun, especially away days. my worry is that we are going to get stuck down there.

My worry is that we will continue to going downwards to league one/ third division in old language. And we won't be winning the Champions League 10 years later this time.

I seriously doubt anyone at Villa is going to set up for the football league at all.

Just now, supernova26 said:

9 or 10 wins from 18 matches isn't walking on water stuff. Doable. Miraculous turnaround required, but most certainly doable. 

it is not doable for a team that has one win all season. That is top 6 form minimum and if you think this club is capable of acheiving that then you are seriously deluded.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â