Relegation Thread Version...99?!

jackbauer24

4 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

The problem is, this squad will get spanked in the Championship too. No desire, no guts, no skill, absolutely nothing. There is no silver lining whatsoever - Aston Villa Football Club is done.

It's amazing how despite the fact that we're virtually down already people still somehow manage to come out with hyperbolic nonsense like that.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

The problem is, this squad will get spanked in the Championship too. No desire, no guts, no skill, absolutely nothing. There is no silver lining whatsoever - Aston Villa Football Club is done.

I don't know. Maybe I'm trying not to be too pessimistic for next season, but I think most of the squad we have would help us back up. I do think we need a few changes at the back, but the midfield/forwards shouldn't be a problem. Of course, that's assuming we can keep them, which I don't think we will. We'll have basically bought this squad for 1 year and then made a loss on all of them I think.

We'll beat the record points tally, but I think we'll get about 20 points, assuming we sign a couple of remotely effective players in January.

Any hope of a miracle survival is gone. This run of games was our only chance and we've blown it.

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I don't know. Maybe I'm trying not to be too pessimistic for next season, but I think most of the squad we have would help us back up. I do think we need a few changes at the back, but the midfield/forwards shouldn't be a problem. Of course, that's assuming we can keep them, which I don't think we will. We'll have basically bought this squad for 1 year and then made a loss on all of them I think.

Sorry but I think you are wrong. This "team" is absolutely S H I T E and will still be the same in the Championship. Anyone who thinks they will help bring us back up is deluded. AVFC is dying and that **** Lerner has well and truly screwed our future. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

Sorry but I think you are wrong. This "team" is absolutely S H I T E and will still be the same in the Championship. Anyone who thinks they will help bring us back up is deluded. AVFC is dying and that **** Lerner has well and truly screwed our future. 

The point is that there'll probably be quite a few changes in the summer, hence why us staying down in the Championship isn't the certainty that some are making out.

Just now, Mantis said:

The point is that there'll probably be quite a few changes in the summer, hence why us staying down in the Championship isn't the certainty that some are making out.

There'll have to be, because some of the powderpuffs on this team will get torn to pieces in the Championship.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â