Adama Traore

mwj

9 minutes ago, jsam said:

The problem with this kid isnt talent. His pacy dribbles are amazing. The problem is that it is all he does. Not even his  own teammates trust him to pass the ball. They know he'll rather have a go at all 8 defenders in front of him even if it is obvoius that a simple one-two can loose most of them.

There were at least two clear examples  of this yesterday. At  one point he actually made a five feet pass to Gestede. I know Gestede isnt the most mobile player in the world but he didnt connect to the pass. It was obvoius that he was suprised it even came.  A little  later Hutton passed to ball to Adama. Hutton didnt even attemt the overlap(is that the english term for running past teammate and opponent?). Had Hutton passed the ball to any other he would  have made the run. 

Even with all the qualities he has, having him on the pitch disrupts any sort of teamwork. Was I the only one that noticed the negative effect he had on our general play? 

It could tale ages for him to adapt to football in any league that is  better than the segunda. Where he is now, his  opponents are actually capable of dispossesing him. When he acknowledges that, hopefully he' ll be more of a team player.

Sums him up pretty perfectly.

It's almost as if they think he's... it's on the tip of my tongue. Begins with an s..

Just now, DCJonah said:

So not running as much as ayew makes you selfish? 

Yeah, daft thinking isn't it. Using the fact he tries to pass to his team mates most of the time. Ah well, I guess I'll just go with your detailed opinion of him being the most selfish player you've ever seen. You did support that well.

Almost as well as your 'attempted 4 passes and 4 crosses in 30 minutes in one game so he's not selfish' argument

How is Adama any less selfish than Sinclair for example who always seems to squeeze his way into the starting lineup somehow

All Sinclair does is run into people and give the ball away at least Adama actually beats his man when he does it and there is a chance of some end product

Edited by AshVilla

15 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Almost as well as your 'attempted 4 passes and 4 crosses in 30 minutes in one game so he's not selfish' argument

What by using stats and facts. Yeah stupid that. 

But from the hundreds of players you've seen, in less than 90 minutes of first team football, you've been able to show he's the most selfish one out of all of them. Bravo. 

Edited by DCJonah

He is selfish, but right now we need that.  We're simply not creating enough or being effective enough in and around the box.  We keep the ball pretty well and... do nothing with it.

If we can keep the ball pretty well then give it to Traore who manages to conjure something up, we're already better off.

But being positive with the ball and trying to make something happen isn't selfish. He's not doing it for the sole benefit of himself. He's doing it to try and make something happen for the team. 

I agree with a lot of the flaws people are pointing out regarding his game. But selfish just isn't the right word for me.

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But being positive with the ball and trying to make something happen isn't selfish. He's not doing it for the sole benefit of himself. He's doing it to try and make something happen for the team. 

I agree with a lot of the flaws people are pointing out regarding his game. But selfish just isn't the right word for me.

I doubt anyone plays football for the sole benefit of themselves (maybe C. Ron!) but Traore is close in our ranks.

He always wants the ball (good thing) but won't track back to get it, won't look up enough to get away the right passes and will often look to shoot.  I'm sure - and incredibly hopeful - this all improves as he learns more, and I think Garde being patient with him is a good thing (Grealish got completely pandered to by Sherwood and looks terrible right now), but we probably do just need an injection of excitement in the team right now.

He's the only player capable of doing this.

i don't think he's selfish, just tediously one dimensional.

i applaud the fact he drives forward and tries and usually succeeds in getting a cross in but he doesn't ever look up to see if anyone is in the box or making a run, which in the case of yesterday no-one seemed to expect him to do what he 'always' does, so it's like no-one is on the same wavelength.

Adama has plenty of flaws. And I've no doubt some of those flaws will at times be detrimental to the team. 

But can anyone tell me any players we have whose flaws aren't currently detrimental to the team? Because apart from Ayew I'm struggling. So why do people care so much about adamas flaws?

His attributes have the potential to help us score goals. Again, can anyone name the players who have the same potential to do that? 

I just don't get why we're so against giving this guy a chance. 

Look at the difference starting games made to Veretout and Ayew. Look at the difference it made to Grealish last season. 

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But nobody is saying that he doesn't consider others, or forgets his mum's birthday. The word 'selfish' isn't a character judgement, it's a description of his playing style, nothing more. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

But nobody is saying that he doesn't consider others, or forgets his mum's birthday. The word 'selfish' isn't a character judgement, it's a description of his playing style, nothing more. 

The word selfish means he doesn't consider others and concerned only with benefitting yourself. 

His playing style doesn't show that at all. 

56 minutes ago, jsam said:

The problem with this kid isnt talent. His pacy dribbles are amazing. The problem is that it is all he does. Not even his  own teammates trust him to pass the ball. They know he'll rather have a go at all 8 defenders in front of him even if it is obvoius that a simple one-two can loose most of them.

There were at least two clear examples  of this yesterday. At  one point he actually made a five feet pass to Gestede. I know Gestede isnt the most mobile player in the world but he didnt connect to the pass. It was obvoius that he was suprised it even came.  A little  later Hutton passed to ball to Adama. Hutton didnt even attemt the overlap(is that the english term for running past teammate and opponent?). Had Hutton passed the ball to any other he would  have made the run. 

Even with all the qualities he has, having him on the pitch disrupts any sort of teamwork. Was I the only one that noticed the negative effect he had on our general play? 

It could tale ages for him to adapt to football in any league that is  better than the segunda. Where he is now, his  opponents are actually capable of dispossesing him. When he acknowledges that, hopefully he' ll be more of a team player.

Just read this, your examples are terrible. 

Gestede not expecting a pass, have you watched him this season?

And why would Hutton make that run once Adama is on. He knows Adama is going to more than likely beat his defender and get the cross in, why would he choose to close down that space and stop that from happening? Hutton showing footballing intelligence is a ridiculous way to try and show Adama is selfish. 

21 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

The word selfish means he doesn't consider others and concerned only with benefitting yourself. 

His playing style doesn't show that at all. 

No, it doesn't, not in a footballing context, in the same way 'goal' in the context of a football match doesn't mean the same as 'aim' or 'ambition'

• Like 3

The issue is with linear thinking.

You're so focused on the word selfish that you're not hearing what people are saying in the slightest.

It's exactly the same as when you were so focused on people who liked a post, months later you still would focus on that rather than listen to what anybody is saying.

There was a moment yesterday when he attempted a pass to Gestede. Sure it wasnt a great pass but Rudy's lack of movement was hilarious. 

I totally get why he doesn't want to pass when you see moments like that. 

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

No, it doesn't, not in a footballing context, in the same way 'goal' in the context of a football match doesn't mean the same as 'aim' or 'ambition'

Well there's clearly different definitions of the word goal for a football context. 

You've just invented your one for Adama. 

Terrible example. 

27 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The issue is with linear thinking.

You're so focused on the word selfish that you're not hearing what people are saying in the slightest.

It's exactly the same as when you were so focused on people who liked a post, months later you still would focus on that rather than listen to what anybody is saying.

No, I've read things clearly thanks. It's still unjustified OTT crap with little to support it. 

27 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The lad has billion dollar feet and a 10 pence head. The rawest talent I've ever seen.

I'd agree he's very raw. 

Hopefully he sticks with us when relegated so we can see him develop in a villa shirt. 

Â