Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

It's obvious he had no interest in playing in the championship so had no issue with the club letting him go. He obviously means here get promoted to a league I've heard of and I'll have another think.

I'd just let him go. Right player but wrong time and club.

On 4 October 2016 at 07:58, wilko154 said:

It always amazes me how in a players absence they suddenly become the player we desperately need...

He wasn't very good last season, and wouldn't be very good this season. Nothing to see here...

It's known as the NRC syndrome, it's pretty rare, only seems to affect Aston Villa squad members. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Woodytom said:

He showed nothing to suggest he is the right player at any time.

His form at Nantes was pretty good to get him the move here in the first place. Plenty of assists.

What do you think of Gana out of interest Woody...right player wrong club given his impact at Everton?

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

What do you think of Gana out of interest Woody...right player wrong club given his impact at Everton?

I think he was miles better here than veretout.

I also thought (after 25 mins v man utd ) that he was potentially the best player on the planet...  I was very wrong. So after 6 or so games at Everton, I think it is probably unwise to determine actually how good he is just yet, never mind other midfielders who previously have performed even worse than him.

2 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I 100% agree. Veretout was clearly treated poorly here. Tim never wanted him and it showed. Rarely started matches under Tim, and when he did start for Time or Remi, it was at LM. He never played that role before. Plus he was far too slow to be efficient there. BUT he still managed to create some great opportunities that were occasionally finished. Then Black came in and told all the new foreigners to piss off and started Richardson and Bacuna at center mid and wing. 

I don't blame Veretout for not enjoying his year here. It was obviously bad on the pitch, but also poor management. 

I thought he was decent in a left-central midfield role under Remi and possibly would have been better had Amavi been fit outside him.  No more than decent, but I thought as a whole the team had settled pretty well in that January period and were decently drilled before the Liverpool debacle.  I do wonder where we'd be if we'd just stuck with Remi rather than give the job to Black.  Still relegated miserably but I think we'd be further along the recovery than we are right now.

• Like 1

i think that there is some talent in him and would have him back here for the rest of the season. But we are missing a midfielder that is energetic and drives forward, and I don't think Veretout is the answer for that problem.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

His form at Nantes was pretty good to get him the move here in the first place. Plenty of assists.

Thats not really an indicator to get a move to Aston Villa ;)

11 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I dunno whether it was the league that he didn't want to play in, but having been dropped like a stone under Black and playing zero minutes and the pathetic attempt at integrating him made by Sherwood, he is perfectly justified in wanting to take the first plane back to France and getting away from this shambles of a club.

Not everything is a bed of roses in people's work life.

I'd take being dropped and poor integration as negatives in my workplace anyday.

I know, let's protect footballers a little bit more. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/10/2016 at 08:26, Demitri_C said:

He wont be returning so hopefully he impresses and we can get as much money as we can for him

He might be returning though. Bruce has loanees available to assess and he said it is a clean slate for everyone. Even Gabby.

If he thinks we need Midfield options and we have Veretout available to return from loan, why wouldn't he recall him?

19 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He is better than any of the midfielders we have at the moment, so, on that basis, if he wanted to come back, we should certainly have him back.

How do you arrive at this conclusion?

He was garbage last season and he featured enough times to make that assessment.

Had no more impact than any of our other midfielders.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â