Jordan Ayew

HeyAnty

He was delicious yesterday. 

I've grown to love his pouty, resting bitch, 'I-don't-give-a-****-what-any-of-you-lot-think-of-my-face' face as well.  

I imagine he get's up, drives to the game, smashes it and then goes home to sit in a darkened room before it's time for training. Doesn't say a word to anybody, just does whatever the hell he does with those magic feet and doesn't really care what you or I think of it or him. 

• Like 3

I think Ayew and Kodija has to be up front every game possible, either as a duo or part of a front 3.

It's a long season, and both will probably miss a big part of Jan-Feb due to the AFCON so McCormack and Gestede will also play.

Ayew is not a wide midfielder or winger, he just isn't, wasted in that position. A wide forward in a 4-3-3 will work thou.

With everyone fit I'd like us to try a 4-3-1-2 with McCormack or Grealish behind Ayew and Kodija. 

• Like 1

He had a really good chance to add a second for us which I'd like to see again and he lost the ball a few times, but I thought he was the outstanding player on the field today.

He was our second best forward - Kodjia looked dangerous throughout - but he was our best midfielder, there were countless times where it was Ayew coming back to win the ball, tackle men, cover for fullbacks, cover for midfielders and then when we had the ball he was always free, always moving, always willing to take the pass, give us the energy we needed - he was the heartbeat of the side today. 

I'm not sure if it says more about our midfield or about him, but what we seem to have here is a box-to-box striker - and if that sounds like a confusing thing, well it is - he's unorthodox, he got errors in him, he can make poor decisions - but he's also brilliant and the hardest working player in the side. Long may it continue.

• Like 4

Has to start on Sunday...I remember the cup tie last year when he was still an unknown for us and he ran rings around SHA in the second half.

They've still got basically the same team so would probably keep the same front three as Gestede likes playing against them aswell.

Â