Mark Bunn

villan_007

Decent backup.

Can't see him pushing Guzan though. Guzan is way better.

So another year of Guzan coasting as he knows he's No1.

I imagine Sherwood dropping Guzan last season is more than enough to reassure Guzan that his position isn't safe and if he's not on his game he'll be dropped.

Guzan wasn't dropped because Given was playing really well. He was dropped because he made a mistake. The quality of the backup keeper had little relevance to the situation

Not sure I can agree with that, Stevo, I doubt he would have dropped him if the back up keepers had been Steer and Bunn.

Given is so much better than them. 

I think he would.

The gesture was more about dropping GUzan than it was promoting Given.

This signing, to me, looks like Guzan remaining as number 1.

Which is great news.

Guzan is easily good enough to be our number 1.

Spending money to replace him, unless it was a superstar (which it wouldn't have been), would have been a waste of money.

This has meant we've replaced one back up keeper with another and saved money in doing so.

I'd also argue that there isn't much difference between SHay Given as he is now and Mark Bunn.

People are acting as if Bunn is some chancer signed form non-league. He's no world beater but he's decent. Good enough to be back up for sure.

• Like 3

Decent backup.

Can't see him pushing Guzan though. Guzan is way better.

So another year of Guzan coasting as he knows he's No1.

I imagine Sherwood dropping Guzan last season is more than enough to reassure Guzan that his position isn't safe and if he's not on his game he'll be dropped.

Guzan wasn't dropped because Given was playing really well. He was dropped because he made a mistake. The quality of the backup keeper had little relevance to the situation

Guzan will coast it, knowing as you said Bunn is no where near him in terms of ability. With Shay as proven in the cup games was more than able to step up.

I think you've ignored my point here.

not the worst signing. Just proves again not to believe any crap in media about our signings

as for the thread at least its more mature than the uproar when we signed Marshall, I think some people actually believed he was going be ahead of Big Brad

What I don't understand is this acceptance to sign someone a bit shit just because he is going to be back up.

Sure, you won't sign many top goalkeepers by saying, btw you're going to be 2nd 3rd choice but bring someone in and say I want you to become our number 1 and let 2/3 decent gk earn their money.

Courtois went to Chelsea with no intention of being number 2. Mark bunn probably can't believe his luck.

Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 1

What I don't understand is this acceptance to sign someone a bit shit just because he is going to be back up.

Sure, you won't sign many top goalkeepers by saying, btw you're going to be 2nd 3rd choice but bring someone in and say I want you to become our number 1 and let 2/3 decent gk earn their money.

Courtois went to Chelsea with no intention of being number 2. Mark bunn probably can't believe his luck.

yet it took him 3 years to get a game

not to mention you are probably the only person in living memory that has ever compared Courtois and Mark Bunn

Edited by Zatman

Here's some Norwich fans take on him

' Bunn did a good job for us during Ruddy's lengthy spell out  '

A bit worrying from that that he didn't seem to make their bench last season, but overall they seem to rate him.

yet it took him 3 years to get a game

not to mention you are probably the only person in living memory that has ever compared Courtois and Mark Bunn

I didn't compare Courtois and mark bunn. If I was comparing anything it was chelsea/villas attitude in creating a winning team, albeit they have money to help. Pretty sure there is a gk as good as Guzan out there that we can afford/attract.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â