Dennis Praet

PieFacE

We don't need him at this point. He plays in a similar position to Veretout as far as I can see, and we don't have the squad places for him. I think we're already going to have difficulty shipping off all of those we need to get rid of. 

Unless TS wants a midfield diamond like

.................Gueye..............

Gil............................Praet

................Veretout...........

I doubt it. That midfield would get absolutely pummelled IMO. Plus every player in that is out of position.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Veretout signing has killed this link I'm sure.

Playing three new central midfielders in there is a big risk aswell, at least Westwood is pretty experienced in the league now so he had an important role to play this year.

I doubt it. That midfield would get absolutely pummelled IMO. Plus every player in that is out of position.

Gueye is a box to box CM, Tout is a CM, Gil can play on the wing, and i dont know anything about praet : )

Gueye is a box to box CM, Tout is a CM, Gil can play on the wing, and i dont know anything about praet : )

I know but you have him in the DM role, I wouldn't want my DM going from box to box. You also have Veretout in an AM role which he is naturally suited to as far as I know.

Gil also isn't great IMO on the wing. 

Personally I would have it looking like this with the midfield 3 being quite narrow.

Veretout        Gueye       Praet

Gil

All my opinion of course.  :)

I know but you have him in the DM role, I wouldn't want my DM going from box to box. You also have Veretout in an AM role which he is naturally suited to as far as I know.

Gil also isn't great IMO on the wing. 

Personally I would have it looking like this with the midfield 3 being quite narrow.

Veretout        Gueye       Praet

Gil

All my opinion of course.  :)

Praet is a CAM isn't he?

Gueye can play as a DM, last season was his first with a licence to get forward more, or so I've read. Can't really see this signing happening, not really an area that's a priority to strengthen IMO.

Young Jack must be beginning to question his position at the club at this rate...

He's a kid.
he's just 2 years younger than Tout

They also play in completely different parts of the pitch, so I'm not sure your point?

Kid or not, Grealish is probably the first name on the teamsheet.

Yeah, all of the teamsheets on this page have no Grealish on them. I don't think we're regularly going to be starting without Jack. At this point I would honestly be disappointed if we signed Praet, we really don't need any more bodies in midfield. Some of those who we've signed are already going to be looking at limited game time. If we have to sign any more, they need to be upgrading players who were already here (ie, RB & GK), not competing with new signings. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Young Jack must be beginning to question his position at the club at this rate...

He's a kid.
he's just 2 years younger than Tout

They also play in completely different parts of the pitch, so I'm not sure your point?

Kid or not, Grealish is probably the first name on the teamsheet.

My point is, any additional midfielder makes Jacks status as an automatic starter less automatic.

I think jack is who we are building this team around. The players we have bought provide him with less stress to be the main creative outlet. We are by far a stronger team now than last season.

If we add praet that will be 2 out and out attacking midfielders in jack and carles and one who can play there and slightly deeper on praet.

I think jack is who we are building this team around. The players we have bought provide him with less stress to be the main creative outlet. We are by far a stronger team now than last season.

If we add praet that will be 2 out and out attacking midfielders in jack and carles and one who can play there and slightly deeper on praet.

Agree. And Jack will be rested this season.

Why cant it be

---------Gay------Veretout---------

Gil-----------praet-----------Grealish

--------------Striker----------------------

with the 3 floating/interchanging when in possession? Amavi to provide width down the left. We might get destroyed on the counter though :D but sherwood doesnt care about defence lol
+
i dont think i want Grealish to start every game this season or be the main creativity man all the time. They get burnt out quite often. It seems to have hindered januzaj everyone putting so much pressure on him. And he played quite a bit on the left last season drifting in, right?

*must learn how to spell Gay name :D *

Leaves Ayew/gabby/sinclair/westwood/sanchez/bacuna to fight for places on the bench

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â