The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Too bloody right.

Spot on that. There's labour staffers who would have wanted her job, but didn't get it. There's civil servants resentful of her (Simon Case). There's Tories who didn't like her getting to (some of) the truth about Bunter and his law breaking, even though he appointed her to investigate. I guess she's moved/been moved because she was too much of the story. 

10 minutes ago, blandy said:

I guess she's moved/been moved because she was too much of the story. 

I remember someone saying a while back that as soon as someone doing that sort of job gets name recognition then it's time for them to go.

Campbell and Cummings being the obvious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Too bloody right.

That is literally all they are doing. There is an empty diary for all senior ministers. I doubt they even know what's going on in the middle East they're concentrating on Sue Gray so much. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

Spot on that. There's labour staffers who would have wanted her job, but didn't get it. There's civil servants resentful of her (Simon Case). There's Tories who didn't like her getting to (some of) the truth about Bunter and his law breaking, even though he appointed her to investigate. I guess she's moved/been moved because she was too much of the story. 

Is the issue/story with Sue Gray just that she earns more than the PM or is there more that Ive missed?

27 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Is the issue/story with Sue Gray just that she earns more than the PM or is there more that Ive missed?

Depends on which of the groups of people that dislike her you talk to. 
Labour sources will tell you she’s a bully and too powerful

Tory sources will tell you her appointment is political and unprecedented (

Civil Servants dislike her for other reasons again.

57 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Sue Gray is the kind of person that the full story is never going to be revealed about but suffice to say she's not popular with just about everyone outside of Labour's deepest central office.

12 minutes ago, Jon said:

I'm not sure what this means Chinders? What/who's it referring to?

Sue Gray. She's very, very heavily rumoured to haver been a spy in the 80s in Northern Ireland. The tweet is making fun of the fact she seemingly worked for years in an extremely risky job dealing with undercover work with extremely ruthless paramilitary organisations, but a year working with Red Tories was enough to jump a much less stressful and cutthroat position ASAP.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â