The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’d genuinely like to see your source for that, I’m not aware there was ever a day where all the cells were full. I think (but couldn’t confirm) the lowest we got was 76 cells plus police cells.

A man of 33 was charged with historic rape when he was 14 of a person under 14. He received a suspended sentence. Thats the only one I can find. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

A man of 33 was charged with historic rape when he was 14 of a person under 14. He received a suspended sentence. Thats the only one I can find. 

Source please.

The Daily Mail has absolutely made a hash of that story (surprise!)

She told Newman: 'If we had been in different times then it would have been virtually inevitable that you would have gone into custody.

'The only reason you have escaped immediate custody today is because of the prison overcrowding crisis.'

The judge said that in regards to the most recent offence of breaching the terms of a previous sentence for failing to declare leaving the country, which still isn't great, but it wasn't a statement made when sentencing him for rape.

Oddly, there are no articles I can find at all, even in local press, about the original trial.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

There is something wrong there, somebody somewhere has made a grievous error because at no point we’re all the cat B & C places in South Wales and the south west taken. So that cannot be the reason.
Although, it might be linked to the crime happening 19 years ago, when the rapist was 14? But again, that wouldn’t be because prisons are full. At no point did we reach 100%. 

• Like 1

Just now, limpid said:

Source please.

I can only find one and its the daily mail that Paul C has linked. Seemingly he wasnt jailed for the historical rape offence it was for non compliance of his suspended jail terms. 

Child rapist is spared jail due to the prison overcrowding crisis as judge admits 'it would have been virtually inevitable that you would have gone into custody'

Under the terms of his sentence he was ordered to sign the sex offenders' register and notify police if he went on holiday - but in May he jetted off to Egypt without telling officers.

Yep, the rape conviction pre dates the riots by months.

It’s some devious twisting by the Daily Mail to draw in the usual audience for their stuff.

I knew I shouldn’t have bothered with a Daily Mail link.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, the rape conviction pre dates the riots by months.

It’s some devious twisting by the Daily Mail to draw in the usual audience for their stuff.

I knew I shouldn’t have bothered with a Daily Mail link.

Indeed, the starting point for digesting anything in the Daily Mail ought to be 'so how have they misrepresented this story to cultivate misguided rage?'

The damage is done though, thousands will see that headline, take it at face value, and blame Labour for being soft on rapists.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I can only find one and its the daily mail that Paul C has linked. Seemingly he wasnt jailed for the historical rape offence it was for non compliance of his suspended jail terms. 

Child rapist is spared jail due to the prison overcrowding crisis as judge admits 'it would have been virtually inevitable that you would have gone into custody'

I don;t think that story says what you think it does. The suspended sentence was made in December, not since Labour changed the policy.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Indeed, the starting point for digesting anything in the Daily Mail ought to be 'so how have they misrepresented this story to cultivate misguided rage?'

The damage is done though, thousands will see that headline, take it at face value, and blame Labour for being soft on rapists.

Yes I vaguely remembered the story from last month and connected the two without delving into it deeper. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, limpid said:

I don;t think that story says what you think it does. The suspended sentence was made in December, not since Labour changed the policy.

I believe the story said man was given a suspended sentence for something in 2005. Man didn’t comply so was in trouble for non compliance. I offer no judgement other than its the daily mail. I was complying with site rules for a link and quote. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Yes I vaguely remembered the story from last month and connected the two without delving into it deeper. 

Absolutely not a criticism of you, mate, you shared it in good faith, cited your source and then stayed involved to see why it wasn't quite right. Can't ask for much more than that!

It can be quite obvious something isn't right when you have the time to read through the article with suspicion, but so much shite gets pumped out by the media someone just having a quick skim through the paper to see the latest stories has got their work cut out.

What I will say though, is that it wasn't an accident that you came away with that impression, it's their business model.

• Like 1

Just now, Seat68 said:

I believe the story said man was given a suspended sentence for something in 2005. Man didn’t comply so was in trouble for non compliance. I offer no judgement other than its the daily mail. I was complying with site rules for a link and quote. 

As an aside I have essential tremor and you have no comprehension how difficult it is for me to comply with providing a link and a quote when using my phone. But rules is rules. 

Just now, Seat68 said:

He’s arguing with the mods, mods. Always there when trouble’s kicking off. Reported him multiple times.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In a vacuum with no precedent, I could buy this point of view that him being a few weeks in the job motivated him to come down like a tonne of bricks, but it was pretty consistent with the riots a decade ago

When the DPP was erm … can’t quite grasp it… oh yes Kier Starmer. So he really didn’t have to prove anything because he’d already done it 

The whole Starmer out to prove a point is utter nonsense. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â