The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Non-binding

Yes too late to change their minds now but it does show the huge division within the party over this one issue. Starmer refused to apologise to the pensioners 4 times today when asked by Suzanna Reid. He seems very detached from things. 

• Like 1

Lots of own goals here. 
It looks like Starmer wanted a big statement and very political policy change to start his tenure but it’s backfiring. 

Does he double down? Or claim to be the perfect leader who listens and will therefore scrap the idea.

Just now, Genie said:

Lots of own goals here. 
It looks like Starmer wanted a big statement and very political policy change to start his tenure but it’s backfiring. 

Does he double down? Or claim to be the perfect leader who listens and will therefore scrap the idea.

He doesn't seem the type to listen. He's got his agenda and will not be sidetracked from it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He doesn't seem the type to listen. He's got his agenda and will not be sidetracked from it.

He’s between a rock and a hard place now (of his own making).

Look weak or stubborn.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I look forward  to watching James O'brien defend it.😀

There is a fairly simple defence, tbh - he wasn't given 20 grand in cash, a very wealthy Labour peer (same bloke who gave the clothes) was given access to use a property that would cost a person on the street without connections that kind of sum

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

There is a fairly simple defence, tbh - he wasn't given 20 grand in cash, a very wealthy Labour peer (same bloke who gave the clothes) was given access to use a property that would cost a person on the street without connections that kind of sum

Like all of this (not just Labour), it’s the “why” which is the bit that needs to be investigated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Like all of this (not just Labour), it’s the “why” which is the bit that needs to be investigated.

Yup, and I think in this case, there probably is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It's not a random business owner or other wealthy donor giving gifts in exchange for a favour from the government, it's a Labour peer letting the PM stay at one of their (presumably) unused properties.

It certainly doesn't help that it's another one to throw on the pile with all of the more questionable ones, though.

Edited by Davkaus

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Anyone know why these rich people are so keen to give massive handouts to politicians? I can’t figure it out as it never seems to be mentioned.

Benevolence was the reason.

Tombola was the mechanism for deciding who received it.

Hang on, the same guy that was buying them clothes, also gave them an empty property to mooch about in, and he’s the guy that got early access to their new 10 Downing Street home?

Is it me, or is this heading a bit…

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup, and I think in this case, there probably is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

It's not a random business owner or other wealthy donor giving gifts in exchange for a favour from the government, it's a Labour peer letting the PM stay at one of their (presumably) unused properties.

It certainly doesn't help that it's another one to throw on the pile with all of the more questionable ones, though.

Rich man is giving grand gifts to senior politicians because he likes them as people and doesn’t expect anything in return?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Rich man is giving grand gifts to senior politicians because he likes them as people and doesn’t expect anything in return?

Or because he's already sat in the HoL for Labour and has a good working relationship with the PM in waiting?

I agree it deserves some scrutiny, but on the face on this one, I think it's nothing, personally.

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

This is Waheed Alli, what can Starmer / Labour give him in return?

He already has all the access to power he could possibly need

He's been a Labour peer over 20 years, he is their chief fundraiser, he really probably can call the PM up and get him to answer, 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â