The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Just now, Genie said:

He did a bit of a weird follow up trying to justify the initial story. I suspect it didn’t go as he expected.

You'd think FIona Bruce would have read those runes but apparently not (She's on double)

• Like 1

On 19/09/2024 at 22:10, chrisp65 said:

It’s all low level stuff isn’t it. Why is someone else dressing his wife, why has he accepted so many gifts, why does Sue Gray have more sway on operations than major union donors? Why did so many people think it would be any other way than this?

If this is as tough as it gets, he’s home and hosed for GE 2029.

I think what we have currently is die hard tories trying to suggest some sort of equivalence with a decade of theft and corruption, and lefties laying down a marker to show what you get when you vote centrist dad.

When you own the media and the minds of half the country it's worth getting any old piece of shit to stick. Then as you say nothing stories get equated to scandals and thievery and politics aimed at the very wealthy at the expense of the rest of the country.

Same as it ever was. The cynicism, confirmation bias, and tribalism of normal British people is weaponised for the benefit of the rich time and time again. It's too easy in some cases. 

Edited by Rolta

And let's not forget, while Boris got loads of criticism for gifts, like that £800 a roll wallpaper, the main controversy wasn't the gift, it's that he "forgot" who paid six figures for him to renovate and then deleted the WhatsApp messages.

But any meagre scraps that the rags can use to convince useful idiots that they're all the same can and will be used.

Starmer has an obvious way out of this, to simply state that he won't accept any more gifts, nor will his cabinet. There's an upcoming budget which is apparently going to be quite bad across the board, so this is not a good time to appear as a PM who gladly accepts luxuries. 

How are they so bad at this?

Like an overfull charity shop

Sir Keir Starmer, Deputy Prime Minister Angela Rayner and Chancellor Rachel Reeves will not accept any further donations for clothing

Looks like he’s matching my offer of buying my own shirts if I earn £3k per week. 

I’ll go one further, I promise not to go to Arsenal on a freebie.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I’ll go one further, I promise not to go to Arsenal on a freebie.

The going to Arsenal thing isn't that much fair criticism though. He is actually a season ticket holder. Its Arsenal giving him the use of a box because its such a pain in the hoop for them having him sitting in his normal seat

When its the FA and PL giving him stuff, there's an issue but putting him in a box at Arsenal paid for by Arsenal, the team he supports and already has a season ticket for, it really is a bit different. I'm not even sure its a gift tbh. Its the club sorting out a problem for them

• Like 3

Just now, bickster said:

The going to Arsenal thing isn't that much fair criticism though. He is actually a season ticket holder. Its Arsenal giving him the use of a box because its such a pain in the hoop for them having him sitting in his normal seat

When its the FA and PL giving him stuff, there's an issue but putting him in a box at Arsenal paid for by Arsenal, the team he supports and already has a season ticket for, it really is a bit different. I'm not even sure its a gift tbh. Its the club sorting out a problem for them

Me not going to watch Arsenal wasn’t the challenge I tried to make it out to be.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Aside from the FA and PL, I think it's such a bad look that he's also had free hospitality from half the division, but I agree I'd excuse this one.

Just now, Davkaus said:

Aside from the FA and PL, I think it's such a bad look that he's also had free hospitality from half the division, but I agree I'd excuse this one.

Yep, I agree the others is a bad look, the Arsenal stuff though just seems a practical decision

The wealthy donor also gave Kiers wife £5k for clothing. 

It was a nice nod to the last regime when SKS he confirmed that no rules were broken. A reminder that the rules are in place to allow corruption. 

I think Waheed Alli's gifts add up to about £20k. I often wonder why am I investing in a mortgage when I could divert £20k to the PM and get some seriously good shit in return

14 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think Waheed Alli's gifts add up to about £20k. I often wonder why am I investing in a mortgage when I could divert £20k to the PM and get some seriously good shit in return

Like Arsenal will, when they need some more planning permission or to forget about a couple of mill tax owed  or the Russian co owner. 😂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, delboy54 said:

I am beginning to think that "two tier" is not fit to be PM, he seems totally out of his depth and looks at the camera if he were a rabbit trapped in the headlights of a car. 

He seems totally devoid of reading the room and has not seemed to realise he is PM.

It easy to make all these promises and profound statements about what he is going to do when he is PM, now he is he doesnt seem to have a clue.

Same thing when he was head of the crown prosecution service, promoted way, way, beyond his ability and competence.

Shame really...

You're clearly not 'beginning to think' anything as you considered him underqualified for his last job. 

Not sure why though as he was a QC with a good reputation and a fairly big public profile.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â