The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Starmer accepting hospitality from the Premier League is somewhat troublesome in itself as he's pledged to introduce an independent regular into football (which obviously won't happen, because FIFA and EUFA won't allow it)

It was the emptiest of manifesto items

Accepted some from the FA as well. You can't afford to scrutinise gifts when they come as thick and fast as they do for Kier though, accept it and move on. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

A comparison with a Labour leader, and Rishi Sunak comes out of it looking in touch with the common person. **** me. :D 

The last Tory government now look like wet Mensheviks and Starmer looks like a right wing Lenin just back from Switzerland!

Two Tier Keir.

Free Gear Keir.

This guy is racking up some names, we should make him some name tags so we can all keep up.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Two Tier Keir.

Free Gear Keir.

This guy is racking up some names, we should make him some name tags so we can all keep up.

One thing that not a lot of people have picked up on is that you never see him in the countryside. It's not just that he's based in London, he actively avoids it. He rarely talks about it now, but there was an interview back in his DPP days where he talked about some childhood trauma while out in the shires in a summer holiday, when he saw a horrendous accident with a herd of cows trampling someone, and he just can't bring himself to go out there anymore, he refused to visit small villages all throughout the GE campaign trail, much to the frustration of his advisors. Anyway, that's why they call him Moo Fear Kier. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, bickster said:

Tbf there is a substantial difference between never going to be and actually is Prime Minister. (Corbyn also looks like the least interested fan in the world in that picture too)

If you wanted to do the analogy it would be Sunak at Southampton

Southampton FC v Plymouth Argyle - Sky Bet Championship

Although that is a photo of Sunak in the Director's Box at Southampton. See Matthew Le Tissier a few seats away from him. 

The booby prizes landed, the country's been robbed blind and the most likely scenario is a continuing slump.

Same mugs that got us turned over are still chatting shit.

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Although that is a photo of Sunak in the Director's Box at Southampton. See Matthew Le Tissier a few seats away from him. 

I thought the point was that Starmer was saying he couldn't be in places like that for security reasons i.e. he had to go in a box somewhere? Maybe I misunderstood that

Just now, bickster said:

I thought the point was that Starmer was saying he couldn't be in places like that for security reasons i.e. he had to go in a box somewhere? Maybe I misunderstood that

It's that important people couldn't possibly be hanging out with the rank and file in the stands, and need to be somewhere away from them. So Sunak sitting in the Director's Box is basically the same as Starmer doing so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Starmer is a victim of his own making. For years before the election he wouldn't give his position on anything for fear of upsetting the apple cart, during PMQ's before the election he missed some massive open goals against Bunter and Rish!, and he wouldn't dare tell the country about the tax rises we can all see coming. He could easily get out of the freebie hole he's dug himself by saying that 'we' used the freebies to garner support/change how we're viewed/look more ministerial/get the views and input of business leaders but the longer he leaves it the more damage he does to himself. Theresa May was accused of being robotic, Starmer is a full on tin man now.

He just can't adapt quickly enough. Even with the football tickets, if he said he couldn't sit on the terraces because the right wing nut jobs all have it out for him after locking up their mates we'd all believe it.

It would be a bit ridiculous for the countries leader to not be in the comfort and security of the VIP section. If he wasn’t then he’d be criticised of doing it only for a photo op, like Rishi filling up someone else’s Kia.

30 minutes ago, Genie said:

It would be a bit ridiculous for the countries leader to not be in the comfort and security of the VIP section. If he wasn’t then he’d be criticised of doing it only for a photo op, like Rishi filling up someone else’s Kia.

Yeah, the clothes thing is very silly but I don't really get the issue with Arsenal giving him use of a box. 

If Cameron had wanted to come and watch Villa (I know, I know...) would we have tutted and told him that he didn't have the booking history and he would need to wait and see what was available for general sale when the time came? Or would we have just stuck him in a box like we do with anyone remotely important who wants to watch us?

What's the potential impropriety? In the unlikely event he were to use his power and standing to somehow benefit Arsenal, it's probably going to be because he's an Arsenal supporter, not because the club gave him a couple of pints and a comfier seat to watch them from. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Yeah, the clothes thing is very silly but I don't really get the issue with Arsenal giving him use of a box. 

If Cameron had wanted to come and watch Villa (I know, I know...) would we have tutted and told him that he didn't have the booking history and he would need to wait and see what was available for general sale when the time came? Or would we have just stuck him in a box like we do with anyone remotely important who wants to watch us?

What's the potential impropriety? In the unlikely event he were to use his power and standing to somehow benefit Arsenal, it's probably going to be because he's an Arsenal supporter, not because the club gave him a couple of pints and a comfier seat to watch them from. 

It’s all low level stuff isn’t it. Why is someone else dressing his wife, why has he accepted so many gifts, why does Sue Gray have more sway on operations than major union donors? Why did so many people think it would be any other way than this?

If this is as tough as it gets, he’s home and hosed for GE 2029.

I think what we have currently is die hard tories trying to suggest some sort of equivalence with a decade of theft and corruption, and lefties laying down a marker to show what you get when you vote centrist dad.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â