The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Major party leader I believe since 2010.

Thanks - but I'm pretty sceptical then. More than the hundreds of thousands of pounds of free holidays, wallpaper, takeaways, wedding facilities etc that Johnson received AND the half dozen other guys and girls as well as him?

If that is true, then I'd agree it's pretty scandalous. But it doesn't sound true.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Thanks - but I'm pretty sceptical then. More than the hundreds of thousands of pounds of free holidays, wallpaper, takeaways, wedding facilities etc that Johnson received AND the half dozen other guys and girls as well as him?

If that is true, then I'd agree it's pretty scandalous. But it doesn't sound true.

Having looked into further, Starmer lead the way on entertainment gifts. Others beat him in other capacities. But the next closest to Starmer on entertainment was barely more than half what he got. 

It also seems that ministers don't have ti declare hospitality they receive in an official capacity, which probably helps obscure some noses in the trough.

But regardless, it's **** grim and not on, not excusable, and is obviously improper.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is Starmers entertainment mainly going to watch Arsenal? (genuinely no idea)

Most of it is football tickets from various parties, but it also includes concert tickets, a holiday, etc etc. 

I'm not sure his being an Arsenal fan particularly forgives it. If he'd got £70k of watches, whiskey, wine it wouldn't be any worse.

I wish someone would buy me a new suit. I'm as tight as a drum and my current George at Asda suit is getting a bit threadbare! 

• Haha 2

Stein Ringen of the Department of Social Policy and Intervention at Oxford University, claims that Thatcher changed the constitution by concentrating all the power in Downing Street, so we have ended up with a series of autocrats, which Starmer seems determined to continue.

This might account for the increasing gulf between what the government does and what the people think they voted for.

10 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

This might account for the increasing gulf between what the government does and what the people think they voted for.

To be fair, I’d put this down to people’s level of interest in politics coupled with their comprehension skills. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

An so it starts.

Doctors pay rise, train drivers pay rise. Pharmacists now, "where's ours now we offer all these services".

Who will be next?

I guess you’ve had a few pay rises over the last few years?

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

there aint half a lot of , "yeah but"  defences going on in this thread considering people have no affiliation to the party under attack  

Liz Truss. Bunter. Catweazle (if he’d won) - completely unsuited to be prime minister. Sunak like a YTS PM. Cameron and May and Starmer probably just about pass the test (whatever you think of their politics). So it’s not “yeah but” to think Britain has been appallingly led by low grade PMs for a decade or so.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guess you’ve had a few pay rises over the last few years?

Not if my company had a 20 billion black hole I wouldn't have.

To be fair they should have the pay rise and investment. But as I said, everyone in the public sector will want it, an the black hole will just get bigger 

The Tories will be pleased with this current chat about Starmer's expenses. It's the start of the chipping away at his image of the principled lawyer, and it's been effective. Starmer can only blame himself for that, he has accepted an awful lot of stuff. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Not if my company had a 20 billion black hole I wouldn't have.

To be fair they should have the pay rise and investment. But as I said, everyone in the public sector will want it, an the black hole will just get bigger 

The black hole situation will be much worse if public sector staff are continually underpaid, then leave.

They are real people, with real lives.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

To be fair, I’d put this down to people’s level of interest in politics coupled with their comprehension skills. 

That sir is a very rosy view.

Although I think "comprehension skills" is likely to be a euphemism for a sufficient degree of political cynicism.

Knowing the betting prior to the election would offer us a clue either way.

Starmer accepting hospitality from the Premier League is somewhat troublesome in itself as he's pledged to introduce an independent regular into football (which obviously won't happen, because FIFA and EUFA won't allow it)

It was the emptiest of manifesto items

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I have to accept corporate hospitality, for security reasons.

Tbf there is a substantial difference between never going to be and actually is Prime Minister. (Corbyn also looks like the least interested fan in the world in that picture too)

If you wanted to do the analogy it would be Sunak at Southampton

Southampton FC v Plymouth Argyle - Sky Bet Championship

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â