The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, bickster said:

In this instance there is no checking because it’s already being done. Is person in receipt of pension credit? If so pass go and collect £300

For most pensioners its go and collect £200.  Only over 80s get £300. Yes I agree this way Is the simplest and easiest way to save money. 

Edited by PaulC

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Strange dynamic in PMQs today with the party in power trying to tell us how terrible everything is and the opposition telling us how great everything is.

I wonder if Labour had said the economy was looking good, inflation was down and the good times were on their way the opposition would have instinctively argued against that position? 

12 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Strange dynamic in PMQs today with the party in power trying to tell us how terrible everything is and the opposition telling us how great everything is.

Yes bit ironic that Sunak asking why  Starmer is  giving train drivers a 10k pay rise while poor pensioners are having their winter fuel payments stopped.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Starmer does at least appear to answer the questions.  Not sure how long that will last.

He failed to answer the first lot of questions. Just blamed it on the black hole but he did answer it later on to be fair.

Don't know if the rumours are true that Labour are going to abolish the single occupancy discount of 25% off council tax. If they do that then that would be very unpopular. 

Edited by PaulC

33 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He failed to answer the first lot of questions. Just blamed it on the black hole but he did answer it later on to be fair.

Don't know if the rumours are true that Labour are going to abolish the single occupancy discount of 25% off council tax. If they do that then that would be very unpopular. 

I'm told that Birmingham council did their best to discourage people from confirming their single occupancy status, by not allowing postal application/confirmation.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not sure why they'd do that given that they control most of the councils where there's be single occupant dwellings

Sure the council would benefit but the Labour Party would be hated.

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not sure why they'd do that given that they control most of the councils where there's be single occupant dwellings

Sure the council would benefit but the Labour Party would be hated.

It's been going around because Angela Rayner refused to rule it out. 

I wouldn't have thought if wouid hsppen but with such a massive majority they can afford to do some horrible things in the beginning of their term and then more popular vote winning things later on.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Listening to another MP who has no real idea what to do with the asylum system apart from getting the NCA involved, who don't wanna know.

Hearing the illegal immigrants are being put in hotels why awaiting deportation was reassuring?? I wonder what happens to these people, I don't think they wait around.

Another car crash of a interview on gmb, where the politician couldn't, or wouldn't give any figures.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Listening to another MP who has no real idea what to do with the asylum system apart from getting the NCA involved, who don't wanna know.

Hearing the illegal immigrants are being put in hotels why awaiting deportation was reassuring?? I wonder what happens to these people, I don't think they wait around.

Another car crash of a interview on gmb, where the politician couldn't, or wouldn't give any figures.

Which MP?

Your only question isn't a question - even with two question marks.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Hearing the illegal immigrants are being put in hotels why awaiting deportation was reassuring

People refused asylum and awaiting transfer to a safe country are not illegal immigrants. They've applied for asylum (legally) and been refused. They aren't even immigrants at that stage let alone illegal ones.

My assumptions about the £22bn deficit proved way off but it seems that:

The Bank Of England made a loss of £200bn on bonds issued in 2008 to deal with the financial collapse, and the treasury have agreed to pay £20bn a year to the BOE, every year until 2032.

So it is a case of tax more or spend less.

2 hours ago, bickster said:

People refused asylum and awaiting transfer to a safe country are not illegal immigrants. They've applied for asylum (legally) and been refused. They aren't even immigrants at that stage let alone illegal ones.

Yawn, not this again?

Crossing the channel in a dingy paying illegal gangs is illegal ro start. You can argue as much as you want they aren't illegals. They are!

You also want to be asking yourself why they are being refused.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yawn, not this again?

Exactly my reaction when I read your post

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Crossing the channel in a dingy paying illegal gangs is illegal ro start. You can argue as much as you want they aren't illegals. They are!

You also want to be asking yourself why they are being refused.

So these people in a hotel waiting to be deported came across the channel on a boat classified as small? Do you know the percentage of asylum seekers that get into the country that way? (Answer: it's miniscule)

Here's another fact for you, 60% of people crossing the channel by small boat are actually genuine asylum seekers who are granted leave to stay.

Why would I care why the 40% are refused? The refused get removed to a country of safety. But again it isn't illegal to apply for asylum

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Exactly my reaction when I read your post

So these people in a hotel waiting to be deported came across the channel on a boat classified as small? Do you know the percentage of asylum seekers that get into the country that way? (Answer: it's miniscule)

Here's another fact for you, 60% of people crossing the channel by small boat are actually genuine asylum seekers who are granted leave to stay.

Why would I care why the 40% are refused? The refused get removed to a country of safety. But again it isn't illegal to apply for asylum

If it is 40% the rate of appeals to those initially refused ultimately getting granted is around 50% too. So the real number of refused asylum seekers is around 20%. 80% are granted asylum. 

Edited by Rolta
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You guys make it sound like the perfect system. Apart from a bit of a back log, what we flapping about?

It seems that you are finally starting to get it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â