The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Jess Phillips. My parents are staunch Tory and Lib Dem voters. They know Jess via organising the Acocks Green Carnival. The think she's absolutely lovely... And they're not in her constituency. 

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

I’ve lived in this flat 18 months and never met the landlord. This isn’t even managed. We communicate via WhatsApp. They’ve never inspected the place since I’ve moved in, they’ve sent the relevant workmen if required. It could be full of mould for all they know.

I am talking from my own personal experience and also my sons and they were always kept informed. Plus a friend who was a landlord and was always in touch with a letting agents to let them know what's going on. There's regular inspections of properties where they take photos. I don't know I wouid have thought he would have been informed of the mould 

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I am talking from my own personal experience and also my sons and they were always kept informed. Plus a friend who was a landlord and was always in touch with a letting agents to let them know what's going on. There's regular inspections of properties where they take photos. I don't know I wouid have thought he would have been informed of the mould 

Yes but your personal experience is absolutely irrelevant, it isn’t a guide to any degree of what is normal

My daughter lives in London and never met her landlord because he lives in a different country. He’s never inspected the flat either.

My personal experience is different to yours.

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes but your personal experience is absolutely irrelevant, it isn’t a guide to any degree of what is normal

My daughter lives in London and never met her landlord because he lives in a different country. He’s never inspected the flat either.

My personal experience is different to yours.

Ok so your personal.experience has nothing to do with it either.  

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Ok so your personal.experience has nothing to do with it either.  

Absolutely correct but I’m not the one having an opinion based on their personal experience being the truth

My personal experience counters yours that’s all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I’d certainly be up for 10x 4 rather than 8x 5 hour working week but I can’t see it happening at my place.

I start early (7am) so I’d still be done at a reasonable time.

10x4 is how I work and have done for the past 6 years. I can't imagine having to do 5 days every week. I'm fortunate enough that I can pick my own days (unlike other people I work with) which is a huge bonus. You get so much for your annual leave too. Four day weekends are regular and you don't have to waste a day of annual leave. It's a huge game changer. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Milfner said:

10x4 is how I work and have done for the past 6 years. I can't imagine having to do 5 days every week. I'm fortunate enough that I can pick my own days (unlike other people I work with) which is a huge bonus. You get so much for your annual leave too. Four day weekends are regular and you don't have to waste a day of annual leave. It's a huge game changer. 

I’d love it, but I wouldn’t get excited as I think the chance of it being approved are slim

30 minutes ago, bickster said:

Absolutely correct but I’m not the one having an opinion based on their personal experience being the truth

My personal experience counters yours that’s all.

Yes quite true but it's more about me not believing politicians anymore be it Conservatives or Labour. 

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d love it, but I wouldn’t get excited as I think the chance of it being approved are slim

Once the law comes in, join the union.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

How dare he take down Maggies picture at number 10. Obviously uncomfortable in the shadow of greatness 

It’s like no one reads the actual story anymore just the headline.

The portrait of Thatcher has moved position, that’s all.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

So it’s not just policies he moves position on then 😀

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

I assume they tried to burn it first.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

So Starmer has been in office for sixty days, so how do people who voted for him think he's doing?

Seems OK. Nothing too awful. As you say though, sixty days and so very early days. 
Locally we have a new labour MP and she has managed to stop the opening of an asylum Centre here in Stafford. Or at least that’s what people think as that centre, or proposed centre falls under Gavin Williamson‘s constituency and not hers that said it happened very quickly, so I suspect it was the former Tory MP that managed to get that done.

My local MP the first time we’ve had labour for a long time seems to be doing a good job, is available, seems to care about the constituency but like Starmer it is early days not long enough to judge too harshly or too fairly. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â