The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Company can still reject the request. I don’t think they will be told they have to honour all requests. We work with a lot of overseas suppliers, it would be quite easy I think to justify staying in 5 days to be aligned with our suppliers. 

How do they cope when you're on holiday?

Just now, limpid said:

How do they cope when you're on holiday?

It’s different to every single week though. I’d be up for it, but I can’t see it happening en-masse.

• Like 1

Rent a gob Phillips now saying she got seen quicker at a hospital because she voted against Israel's right to defend itself and there was a Palestinian Doctor on call at the time 

I mean she probably got seen quickly because she was having breathing difficulties and the NHS tend to prioritise you based on need rather than seeing little Timmy who has a splinter in his finger before they see someone unable to breathe  , but I thought the guidance from Streeting was was just to let racists die  , not to actually give priority to people based on political beliefs ?

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Rent a gob Phillips now saying she got seen quicker at a hospital because she voted against Israel's right to defend itself and there was a Palestinian Doctor on call at the time 

I mean she probably got seen quickly because she was having breathing difficulties and the NHS tend to prioritise you based on need rather than seeing little Timmy who has a splinter in his finger before they see someone unable to breathe  , but I thought the guidance from Streeting was was just to let racists die  , not to actually give priority to people based on political beliefs ?

I mean it's Jess Phillips, she's like if "and then everyone clapped" was a person, I'd take whatever tale she's telling to big herself up with a heap of salt.

She's likely just blowing some friendly small talk massively out of proportion.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Don't worry about it; queue-jumpers are usually pretty good at self-justification.

She must still be high on the sweet taste of victory and so she's bound to be indulging in hubris.

I don't think a person can survive in politics if they aren't a narcissist.

I've always thought she would have made a great T&G shop steward because she could always have been heard at the back of a mass meeting on the car park.

Grace doesn't come easy to brummies.

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

You just know with Jess Phillips that if her local constituency happened to be majority Jewish then she would have been conveniently pro Israel.

What is that based on? You seem certain. 

6 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Has anyone ever refused overtime because they resented paying the tax?

Yep, in part. Our overtime used to be at time and a quarter, or for very unsocial hours time and a half, but above a certain salary threshold, they just paid it at time. So that, combined with paying more tax was for me a disincentive to do it. This was maybe 25+ years ago and eventually the Union got the arbitrary limit removed, and the limit wasn’t like, say in today’s money 50k or anything, it was maybe then 24k so perhaps today equivalent 32k or thereabouts.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

You just know with Jess Phillips that if her local constituency happened to be majority Jewish then she would have been conveniently pro Israel.

Conflating Israel with Judaism is antisemitism.

Not good when a Labour mp has been found out to be a rogue landlord with mould and a ant infestation in many of his properties and when tenants complain ge5 threatened with eviction. He is claiming no knowledge as hes using a letting agent but come on he must know all about it.

This is embarrassing for Labour as the were championing tenant rights in their election campaign. We could have an early dismissal and by election here 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He is claiming no knowledge as hes using a letting agent but come on he must know all about it.

No idea who this is but landlords do use letting agents to manage properties so they don’t have to get involved. It’s really not that incredulous

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

No idea who this is but landlords do use letting agents to manage properties so they don’t have to get involved. It’s really not that incredulous

I think it is. Every landlord I have dealt with knew what's going on in their properties. Very lame excuse imo.

Is this the beat gotcha you tories have. Is this the they are all the same as each other. Is this it? Ludicrous. Remove your head from your anis for a second. Look at the last few governments. If a landlord potentially relying on the word of family member or a letting agent is your best punch then you may have shown your cards a little early. 

• Like 1

Who's going to bet the landlord isn't a word removed?

Who's going to bet the letting agents aren't words removed?

Going to have to wait and see, ain't we?

38 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I think it is. Every landlord I have dealt with knew what's going on in their properties. Very lame excuse imo.

I’ve lived in this flat 18 months and never met the landlord. This isn’t even managed. We communicate via WhatsApp. They’ve never inspected the place since I’ve moved in, they’ve sent the relevant workmen if required. It could be full of mould for all they know.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I’ve lived in this flat 18 months and never met the landlord. This isn’t even managed. We communicate via WhatsApp. They’ve never inspected the place since I’ve moved in, they’ve sent the relevant workmen if required. It could be full of mould for all they know.

A tiny little voice is telling me that if @bickster had mould throughout his house, his landlord would know about it. I don't know why this little voice is telling me this, but it's quite insistent 😁

27 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Is this the beat gotcha you tories have. Is this the they are all the same as each other. Is this it? Ludicrous. Remove your head from your anis for a second. Look at the last few governments. If a landlord potentially relying on the word of family member or a letting agent is your best punch then you may have shown your cards a little early. 

Not aware they have  made anything of it as yet.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â