The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

22 hours ago, Colin79 said:

Just noticed that the 2 posts above are the first in this thread for 13 days. It’s nice to not have to discuss daily scandal/arrest/general throbbery in a politics thread. 

I guess like football referees you don’t notice the competent ones. 

its because if / when a Tory did something there were 487 non labour supporters on this forum who couldn't wait to post about it through nothing other than the public interest 

those 487 seem to think the public aren't interested in government scandal and incompetence anymore  

can't possibly imagine why  :ph34r:

Edited by tonyh29

16 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

its because if / when a Tory did something there were 487 non labour supporters on this forum who couldn't wait to post about it through nothing other than the public interest 

those 487 seem to think the public aren't interested in government scandal and incompetence anymore  

Feel free to share it as you find it 👍

14 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Feel free to share it as you find it 👍

I wasn't one of the 487 sharing it before ,

I was just wondering out loud why they've suddenly stopped caring 

I'm glad the train strikes have stopped now ASLEF have got  good offer. 

Oh...

:trollface:

For me, they haven’t had time to do much yet. We’re in a sort of transition period. Parliament not sitting, no significant policies with time under their belt to see how they pan out.

So, so far, the difference isn’t so much policy based. It’s more the lack of idiocy, greed, theft, and criminality coming from government. 

So far, it’s an improvement, but from a baseline that was shockingly bad. 

Things actually fundamentally changing, a resetting of where moderate is, I’m far from convinced but would be happy to be wrong.

Where I rank in the non labour supporters, not a clue. Although I would presume not having voted for them does put me in that bracket. 

• Like 1

Yes I wouldn't exactly be patting anyone on the back less than 2 months into a transition from a generation of Tory rule where parliament isn't sitting. It'll take a while for the piss taking to get going and then come out. 

In the meantime we've got more competently professional people telling us everything is shit. Hooray.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Which scandal are you thinking about? 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Strange post tone loc.

There are plenty on here waiting and ready to highlight and criticise government scandal and corruption, as and when (if) it happens.  

But it hasn't AFAIK.  Which is nice and refreshing surely? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Which scandal are you thinking about? 

I believe it was  scandal/arrest/general throbbery

sure its not juicy stuff like awarding PPE contracts to friends , but then again give them time they've only had a few weeks , but 

A labour councillor on remand for inciting hatred

A labour MP exposed making xenophobic and racist comments in her past 

Jess Phillips apologising for her misjudged words in an incident that saw Sky news reporters attacked 

and so on  

you can make the case that they were all bought up in other topics , but then it sorta calls into question the original comment about there not being any  scandal/arrest/general throbbery

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I believe it was  scandal/arrest/general throbbery

sure its not juicy stuff like awarding PPE contracts to friends , but then again give them time they've only had a few weeks , but 

A labour councillor on remand for inciting hatred

A labour MP exposed making xenophobic and racist comments in her past 

Jess Phillips apologising for her misjudged words in an incident that saw Sky news reporters attacked 

and so on  

you can make the case that they were all bought up in other topics , but then it sorta calls into question the original comment about there not being any  scandal/arrest/general throbbery

All of those have been commented on in separate threads. 

And there simply isn’t as much of it as there was under the Tories. Yet. 

There might be. And if there is there will be plenty commenting on it. 

Your post is a real stretch 

22 minutes ago, Jon said:

Strange post tone loc.

There are plenty on here waiting and ready to highlight and criticise government scandal and corruption, as and when (if) it happens.  

But it hasn't AFAIK.  Which is nice and refreshing surely? 

I'd just answered this in another post   , so I wont repeat  

but , yes it makes a nice change to answer your question , with the "give it time " caveat  :) 

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

All of those have been commented on in separate threads. 

And there simply isn’t as much of it as there was under the Tories. Yet. 

There might be. And if there is there will be plenty commenting on it. 

Your post is a real stretch 

I'd stated they had been mentioned in other threads .. indeed i started the conversation on some of those subjects  as none of the regular posters seemed to have been online that day to start the conversation ;)

(and for the record  , I was against the arrest and against the resurrection of old tweets being used against people   )

but the point was that someone commented about how it was all quiet on the western front  and what a pleasant change it was , it would be like saying Rob isn't posting in the Grealsih thread anymore so he must be over him ..whilst he's posting in off topic and the transfer thread about  ..Grealish ( yeah I know its a shit example , but I made the rookie error of posting on VT and now have got myself side-tracked  when I really should be working on this project  :) ) 

Edited by tonyh29

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I'd stated they had been mentioned in other threads .. indeed i started the conversation on some of those subjects  as none of the regular posters seemed to have been online that day to start the conversation ;)

(and for the record  , I was against the arrest and against the resurrection of old tweets being used against people   )

but the point was that someone commented about how it was all quiet on the western front  and what a pleasant change it was , it would be like saying Rob isn't posting in the Grealsih thread anymore so he must be over him ..whilst he's posting in off topic and the transfer thread about  ..Grealish ( yeah I know its a shit example , but I made the mistake of posting on VT and now have got myself side-tracked  when I really should be working on this project  :) ) 

I tend to think of the not left people, you are fairly balanced. I also think you have a point as we aren't highlighting massively every labour misstep but I also think in time as we see their guard drop Labour will without question, **** up. I reasonably confident that they will be called out. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

I did enjoy seeing Jonathan Ashworth for some inexplicable reason flying out with Labour to give Kamala Harris some tips on,     winning 

But who will represent the good people of Clacton?

14 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

but the point was that someone commented about how it was all quiet on the western front  and what a pleasant change it was , it would be like saying Rob isn't posting in the Grealsih thread anymore so he must be over him ..whilst he's posting in off topic and the transfer thread about  ..Grealish ( yeah I know its a shit example , but I made the rookie error of posting on VT and now have got myself side-tracked  when I really should be working on this project  :) ) 

Ok. I’m not really sure what your point is then. I assumed you were saying everyone is ignoring it now because it’s Labour. 

Just to stop @tonyh29's pouty bottom lip from sticking out.

It's *probably* fine, but I can't imagine the appointment of a former Tory think-tanker to a supposedly independent Civil Service role in the Cabinet Office's Propriety & Ethics team would have been universally popular under the previous few administrations. Feels a little bit like marking one's own homework. 

23 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Just to stop @tonyh29's pouty bottom lip from sticking out.

a smiley at the end would have made a difference as then I'd have known you were posting with jest rather than malice , but I'll assume the former

I don't really know enough about this type of appointment to comment .... tbh i'm not sure I care enough about this type of appointment to comment either :) 

but well done for being the first leftie to comment on something potentially negative by this government , small steps and all that :) 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â