The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Sometimes senior politicians go on shows for a bit of light hearted chat, especially if it’s at the request of her husband for a bit of content filler.

The Home Secretary… the Monday after a weekend of social disorder across the country… she isn’t there to discus home furnishings

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

She was discussing race riots, he was reliving doing gangnam style on Strictly?

Theyve got to excuse him from segments where his wife is there, the optics are terrible.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Home Secretary… the Monday after a weekend of social disorder across the country… she isn’t there to discus home furnishings

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-Q1ZmJmLhCyYeYR74kAp

• Like 1

Its laughable but shows what side of the spectrum GMB is on.

Also these riots have been going for days why has it taken starmers government so long to do a COBRA meeting?

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Also these riots have been going for days why has it taken starmers government so long to do a COBRA meeting?

Yet more ridiculous Tory talking points.

COBRA meetings that Johnson never even used to go to.

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yet more ridiculous Tory talking points.

COBRA meetings that Johnson never even used to go to.

Tory talking points? What you talking about? You seem to be obsessed with the tories every point you have to mention them. News flash they are not in power anymore.

If you havent noticed this country is in crisis at the moment thats the purpose of COBRA meetings. Starmer needs to get tough on these thugs

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It's been going on for a couple of days, and really only escalated over the weekend.

First thing monday morning they've announced a COBRA meeting.

How soon were you expecting it to happen? 

There's plenty to knock Labour and Starmer about, but **** me give them a chance :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It's been going on for a couple of days, and really only escalated over the weekend.

There's plenty to knock Labour and Starmer about, but **** me give them a chance :D 

Within 24 hours to prevent the riots spreading which seems to be happening.you need to get on top asap otherwise it gets out of control. Its been boiling up since friday

As i said in the other thread, the social media companies  should be held accountable for allowing this crap to spread on those platforms

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Weekends off , meh  .... seems The Tories were right after all and Starmer doesn't work after 6pm on Fridays :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Weekends off , meh  .... seems The Tories were right after all and Starmer doesn't work after 6pm on Fridays :D 

Fairly sure he held not one but two press conferences over the weekend.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Within 24 hours to prevent the riots spreading which seems to be happening.you need to get on top asap otherwise it gets out of control. Its been boiling up since friday

As i said in the other thread, the social media companies  should be held accountable for allowing this crap to spread on those platforms

In the 2011 riots Mark Duggan was killed 4th August. First riot occurred 6th August. Riots spread on 7th and 8th August. Cameron called a Cobra meeting on 9th August. 

Labour's timeline is almost exactly the same as Cameron. 

You can't just arrange these things at the drop of a hat. Especially as you wouldn't even do so until something highly serious has actually happened. 

He spoke to the senior police officers on Friday and authorised additional resources and special procedures. 

I really don't see how he could have acted quicker. 

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Within 24 hours of what?

Just now, sidcow said:

In the 2011 riots Mark Duggan was killed 4th August. First riot occurred 6th August. Riots spread on 7th and 8th August. Cameron called a Cobra meeting on 9th August. 

Labour's timeline is almost exactly the same as Cameron. 

You can't just arrange these things at the drop of a hat. Especially as you wouldn't even do so until something highly serious has actually happened. 

He spoke to the senior police officers on Friday and authorised additional resources and special procedures. 

I really don't see how he could have acted quicker. 

Yeah i was critical on cameron too at the time.

So was you happy with camerons response at the time too then?

I just think this was always going to happen. Its been building up for a while and these far right nut jobs were looking for any excuse to kick off

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Within 24 hours of what?

24 hours of when the talks of protests started. I mean do you seriously not believe robinson was not being surveillanced before hand? They would have known he would have tried to instigate something like this.

If they didnt have him under surveillance then that is just poor planning from them

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Posted by the Home Secretary and retweeted by Starmer on Saturday

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tory talking points? What you talking about?

"Why hasn't COBRA been called" said every other Tory under the sun yesterday morning

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

24 hours of when the talks of protests started. I mean do you seriously not believe robinson was not being surveillanced before hand? They would have known he would have tried to instigate something like this.

If they didnt have him under surveillance then that is just poor planning from them

Please don’t call them protests. They’re racist riots. 

Labour have acted super quickly on this. I really don’t see how they could have acted much quicker. COBRA meetings aren’t just something you can do in an hour. 

But you won’t be convinced

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sure that will scare them

The threat of the strongest possible punishments by the home secretary, it should do. What do you suggest they should have done instead?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â