The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know but as we are both saying the south doss pay more than the north. The minimum wage is still the same for both areas so those working on a minimum wage job in london and one on Manchester will get paid the same. Its just the properties here are worth more and smaller !

LLW?

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Was reading that khan wants to do a driveway tax soon too. I wouldnt rule out new taxes like these either

This won't help government finances

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

This won't help government finances

I think it doesn't solve the problem but helps with the issue

I just had a look to see how many homes in the uk dont have driveways. The data is not very accurate as numbers vary which what you want to believe. Some some 40% others say a third.

So lets 33% of the population have to pay a tax of £100 that does make abit of money for them

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

that does make abit of money for them

If its Sadiq Khan introducing it, it will firstly only affect Londoners and secondly won't go to the central government funds. 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

If its Sadiq Khan introducing it, it will firstly only affect Londoners and secondly won't go to the central government funds. 

Yeah i know that - but now all the mayors have been given more power you think the rest wont follow? They might change that later where a percentage goes to Central government 

I think i read all the mayors are kabour apart from one who is tory

Yeah, that’s quite a good shout actually, if you’ve got a driveway that creates water run off, a bit of an extra charge for the flood risk you’ve created and the bio diversity you’ve prevented.

• Like 3

I

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, that’s quite a good shout actually, if you’ve got a driveway that creates water run off, a bit of an extra charge for the flood risk you’ve created and the bio diversity you’ve prevented.

Yea i was reading that the reason has to do with drainage and better for environment. If you had 'grass' on your front driveway you wouldn't pay. But if you dont you will pay a yearly tax as its bad for the environment.  Something to do with when it rains and causes floods. 

Well i guess im that case they cant introduce a garden tax on us then !

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I

Yea i was reading that the reason has to do with drainage and better for environment. If you had 'grass' on your front driveway you wouldn't pay. But if you dont you will pay a yearly tax as its bad for the environment.  Something to do with when it rains and causes floods. 

Well i guess im that case they cant introduce a garden tax on us then !

Water run off and bio diversity net gain is what has fouled up much of the Planning system over the last 12/18 months.

It’s getting the system all joined up, planners allowing more and more hard surface discharging in to Victorian drains that then spew diesel in to the rivers.

It’s a token gesture nudge to get people to think about their immediate environmental impact rather than sitting there tutting whilst a nature programme gives them bad news, and they’ve got a wankpanzer on their new driveway cos it looks dead lush on insta.

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know but as we are both saying the south doss pay more than the north. The minimum wage is still the same for both areas so those working on a minimum wage job in london and one on Manchester will get paid the same. Its just the properties here are worth more and smaller !

I think i need to move up north😂

Someone on minimum wage in London can't afford to rent a studio flat, let alone buy a house, so they're probably not overly concerned by inheritance tax. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

A bold move on the winter fuel allowance by sneaking it in on the hottest day of the year.  Obviously most will vote tory but that is not going to be  a popular move by having old dears freezing to death.

I'd imagine there will be some tweaking yet to who qualifies. Martin Lewis was straight on the case.

There will though be a lot of pensioners who are currently receiving it who don't need it though. I know plenty including my mom, father in law and a fair few uncles/aunts. 

Just now, markavfc40 said:

I'd imagine there will be some tweaking yet to who qualifies. Martin Lewis was straight on the case.

There will though be a lot of pensioners who are currently receiving it who don't need it though. I know plenty including my mom, father in law and a fair few uncles/aunts. 

Undoubtedly. But any means test system is complicated and costs money to administrate, which may curtail any savings planned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think i need to move up north😂

I reckon London has a greater economic divide than anywhere else in the country by some distance.  The amount of people I know who bought properties in somewhere that was once fairly shit, say Peckham, and then flogged them for £m's is ridiculous.  Those on minimum wage are barely affording rent, let alone doing property jumps.  If you've got a property down there, though, you're wealthy.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Maybe a £5 road tax charge for cyclists.  Was reading that khan wants to do a driveway tax soon too. I wouldnt rule out new taxes like these either

A tax for cyclists would be ridiculous.  If anything, tax car drivers more (some exceptions) and try to get people onto public transport.

Edited by bobzy

31 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Someone on minimum wage in London can't afford to rent a studio flat, let alone buy a house, so they're probably not overly concerned by inheritance tax. 

Unless thie folks have a big property worth a few bob ... 😉

They probably need the inheritance more than anyone

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I reckon London has a greater economic divide than anywhere else in the country by some distance.  The amount of people I know who bought properties in someone that was once fairly shit, say Peckham, and then flogged them for £m's is ridiculous.  Those on minimum wage are barely affording rent, let alone doing property jumps.  If you've got a property down there, though, you're wealthy.

A tax for cyclists would be ridiculous.  If anything, tax car drivers more (some exceptions) and try to get people onto public transport.

Well yes you are wealthy on paper. But take into account the mortgage you have to pay and general costs if you have kids most people aren't exactly rolling in it. My brother and partner live in London in a relatively cheaper area with 2 kids and earn over 100k between them but i wouldn't exactly say they have an well off lifestyle.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I reckon London has a greater economic divide than anywhere else in the country by some distance.  The amount of people I know who bought properties in someone that was once fairly shit, say Peckham, and then flogged them for £m's is ridiculous.  Those on minimum wage are barely affording rent, let alone doing property jumps.  If you've got a property down there, though, you're wealthy.

London prices are a complete farce the example you use being a prime example. Just crazy. Alot of shithole areas like tottenham wood green hackney, dalston, Edmonton people wouldnt live their years ago but now they are up and coming areas and thier house properties are worth a fortune. I have a lot of friends in edmonton and Tottenham for example. The houses arr generally small and very poor condition but because of where they are they are they rocket in price.

Problem is the example you used who can afford that sort of money?

Tax drivers already pay a lot though.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well yes you are wealthy on paper. But take into account the mortgage you have to pay and general costs if you have kids most people aren't exactly rolling in it. My brother and partner live in London in a relatively cheaper area with 2 kids and earn over 100k between them but i wouldn't exactly say they have an well off lifestyle.

Nail on head. There seems to be this perception we are we are wealthier here but the reality is we are nit. Borrowed more money, more debt everything's a rip off here for eating out. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â