The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, limpid said:

Did they? Or did they say that they wouldn't put up taxes for working people?

This is exactly what we are talking about taxing the working class people. Starmer said he wouldnt put vat, income tax or national insurance up. Will he stick to that im not so sure.

My prediction is he lowers the threshold on inheritance tax so alot more people will pay more on the death tax. That will probably be the start

Edited by Demitri_C

To be fair, if Reeves didn’t know there was a £20 billion black hole, she may have some sort of earwax problem.

She was told plenty of times, including in parliament.

How would the SNP know these numbers and not Labour? Just a bloody lucky guess I suppose.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And it seems like part of her solution is scrapping or postponing large infrastructure projects, despite the evidence they help economic recovery and would pay dividends in years to come. She seems to very much subscribe to Osbournenomics and we'll certainly be hearing lots more about our national credit card..**** sake.

She's a shyster. Usual shit, kitchen table household economic allegories, the instant indication someone thinks you're thick and lying to you. She would fit in very well with the Cameron cabinet (like a lot of the Starmer contingent) if only she came from 'better stock'.

• Like 1

I've been gobsmacked from a professional point of view that Insurance Premium Tax hasn't increased for years. I fully expect it to rise to 20% in line with VAT in the next budget. 

There are plenty of other ways to raise tax without looking at VAT or Income Tax. 

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

To be fair, if Reeves didn’t know there was a £20 billion black hole, she may have some sort of earwax problem.

She was told plenty of times, including in parliament.

How would the SNP know these numbers and not Labour? Just a bloody lucky guess I suppose.

Exactly this. Id respect her alot more if she took accountability and said i had a look at the books i made a error. Just blaming the other side all the time (although we know they created this mess) 

The cuts its a tory special so im curious to see where she plans to make the cuts as i was under the impression labour were done with the cutting and like a earlier poster said would keep the projects to generate growth

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I've been gobsmacked from a professional point of view that Insurance Premium Tax hasn't increased for years. I fully expect it to rise to 20% in line with VAT in the next budget. 

There are plenty of other ways to raise tax without looking at VAT or Income Tax. 

Pet owners and car drivers will love that.

I think inheritance tax is where they are more likely to look

Property tax would be my gambit.

Or alternatively just take all the Russian and Iranian property in London and sell it on the open market. Maybe Canada or Norway can buy it with their wealth funds.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Property tax would be my gambit.

Or alternatively just take all the Russian and Iranian property in London and sell it on the open market. Maybe Canada or Norway can buy it with their wealth funds.

The problem with property tax it tends to **** the south more than north as property prices are more expensive 

Definitely in favor of your second idea. How about the royals join in with that too? 🤔 

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The problem with property tax it tends to **** the south more than north as property prices are more expensive 

Definitely in favor of your second idea. How about the royals join in with that too? 🤔 

There are ways to do it. You could tax everything above a certain % of the average in your county. 

I.e. the average would be higher in the South.

Wages are also higher in the home counties (generally) than in the North. 

Taxing second properties more heavily is also on option. We could introduce tax on items over a certain value coming from i.e China (hey Temu), this would stop the horrible plastic being sent from China and also likely raise a substantial amount. Norway does something like this.

Edited by magnkarl

IPT will go up. It'll be unpopular with the lobby but they'll cash in an IPT bump now in favour of a bigger one being forced. They'll eventually make it equal with VAT, but only over an extended period.

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You say that like its a bad thing?

Inheritance tax in the grand scheme of things brings in a relatively small amount of money into the exchequer. I think approx about £6bil so even if they doubled it (which they won't) it still won't be anywhere near filling the black hole

Taking Capital Gains Tax to be level with income tax might actually be the way they go. (and from an ideological POV rightly so)

Property tax is the way to go and I say that as a home owner in Hampshire who bought a house for a sack of potatoes in 1981 which is worth about 500.000 sacks of potatoes now. It might also calm down the property market.

In 9/10 examples property tax taxes the people who can afford it, and often leads to a higher income from house sales because rich people can't just sit on properties as it hurts their wallet. Include it in the council tax and redistribute a certain percentage nationwide. It's Scandinavian social democratic policy at its finest.

Edited by magnkarl

52 minutes ago, bickster said:

Inheritance tax in the grand scheme of things brings in a relatively small amount of money into the exchequer. I think approx about £6bil so even if they doubled it (which they won't) it still won't be anywhere near filling the black hole

Taking Capital Gains Tax to be level with income tax might actually be the way they go. (and from an ideological POV rightly so)

Yep, it would not be a bad thing to have a double attack on house prices, increase tax on properties over ‘x’ whilst pushing hundreds of sub ‘x’ new property on to the market. Shock it in to something resembling a housing market not a speculators wet dream.

• Like 3

To be fair to Reeves, even the OBR said that their report was bollex, because the Tories had hidden stuff ( I paraphrase).

the OBR’s forecasts were based on “questionable assumptions” that lead people to call his efforts a work of fiction.

“Some people call [the projections] a work of fiction, but that is probably being generous when someone has bothered to write a work of fiction and the government hasn’t even bothered to write down what its departmental spending plans are underpinning the plans for public services,

Said the head of the OBR

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Ok if i said the north paid more tax than the south would you be ok with that?

12b would massively help them though meaning they only need another 8b.

Capital gains tax is a good shout but alot of people just wont bother selling if they gonna get shafted on that

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ok if i said the north paid more tax than the south would you be ok with that?

Tax isn't decided on a geographical basis Dem

There's a reason the South pays more Tax and it isn't.... being in the South

Though I think a doubling of the tax on Shandy would do wonders for the brewing industry

4 hours ago, bickster said:

I'm fairly certain they'll be doing this. There's not really any reason for these two taxes to be out of line with each other, and it disproportionately benefits the rich.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Tax isn't decided on a geographical basis Dem

There's a reason the South pays more Tax and it isn't.... being in the South

Though I think a doubling of the tax on Shandy would do wonders for the brewing industry

I know but as we are both saying the south doss pay more than the north. The minimum wage is still the same for both areas so those working on a minimum wage job in london and one on Manchester will get paid the same. Its just the properties here are worth more and smaller !

I think i need to move up north😂

Maybe a £5 road tax charge for cyclists.  Was reading that khan wants to do a driveway tax soon too. I wouldnt rule out new taxes like these either

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â