The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, tinker said:

Labour are trying to recover some.of the covid costs wasted by the tories lining their mates pockets. 

Im interested to know what your opinion on Trump is? 

Go in the is US thread and you will get your answer. Not sure what relevance that has to this discussion?

Yes i was reading that and i hope they do get that money back but i dont see how they are going to do that as i bet a lot of that money is long gone. 

Switching gears a second i see that labour have said the CQC is not fit for purpose.  Thats great they have recognised that as i completely agree with them. Hopefully this is the first step to fixing some of the many problems the tories have caused in the nhs. Despite my criticism on labour of certain things ive always said i think labour will do a better job with nhs than the oast conservative governments have

• Like 1

He's British innit, His dad wouldn't have downed the tools he made over a little drizzle

To be fair to him, unlike all the others he is wearing a Team GB waterproof over his suit. Brits are prepared for the weather :D 

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

He's British innit, His dad wouldn't have downed the tools he made over a little drizzle

To be fair to him, unlike all the others he is wearing a Team GB waterproof over his suit. Brits are prepared for the weather :D 

His dad made tools? Why has he never mentioned this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

It’s as simple as that isn’t it, he chose the option called ‘coat’.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, bickster said:

How do you know his dad used tools? Someone should have said. 

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Weird innit, no brolly can make you look like a loser, or the only sane person in the room.

spacer.png

spacer.png

If you look he's actually got a proper waterproof coat on, not just a suit. 

Actually come properly prepared, probably took his hood down seconds earlier when it stopped raining. 

Got to respect a man prepared to wear a rain coat to a nobby affair. 

I like how the discussion is about his coat and not his umpteenth child, wallpaper or how many quid he’s given his mates for fake PPE.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jon said:

And here comes the "there's no money, so I'm afraid there's going to be cuts". 

Ah the left wing version of “here comes the, there's no money so there going to have to be tax rises”

Red Austerity 🥳

I assume since Reeves would have had access to the books as Shadow Chencellor then we will be seeing some sort of investigation into the Tory ministers that kept this stuff of the books

Oh, they were lying because they knew their ideological cuts would be unpopular

To be fair it was always stated (by the OBR? or some other economists) that neither parties plans stacked up and the only way forward was either tax increases or cuts somewhere.  The BBC reported this frequently and have reminded people of this today. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jon said:

And here comes the "there's no money, so I'm afraid there's going to be cuts". 

Seems like the perfect excuse for 'tax rises' something they said they wouldnt do.

Im not buying this bullshit they didnt know how bad the numbers were before they came in.

I wont comment on the cuts just yet until we see where they plan to do them

Edited by Demitri_C

And it seems like part of her solution is scrapping or postponing large infrastructure projects, despite the evidence they help economic recovery and would pay dividends in years to come. She seems to very much subscribe to Osbournenomics and we'll certainly be hearing lots more about our national credit card..**** sake.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, sidcow said:

To be fair it was always stated (by the OBR? or some other economists) that neither parties plans stacked up and the only way forward was either tax increases or cuts somewhere.  The BBC reported this frequently and have reminded people of this today. 

And often the response to people concerned about it prior to the election was to not worry about it because of course they would shift leftwards and raise taxes once they got in

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

They did you are correct but sunak always said labours plans were to put taxes up. He said it annoyingly 100 times (we heard you the 1st time ffs) if they go back on this pledge after starmer said countless times taxes wont go up then thwy deserve every bit of criticism thrown at them. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

They did you are correct but sunak always said labours plans were to put taxes up. He said it annoyingly 100 times (we heard you the 1st time ffs) if they go back on this pledge after starmer said countless times taxes wont go up then thwy deserve every bit of criticism thrown at them. 

Where have they said they're putting tax up? 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Where have they said they're putting tax up? 

Give them a chance

And i said its 'perfect excuse' to do it not that they ahve actually said it yet

If i was betting man id say thats coming more than the cuts

Edited by Demitri_C

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Seems like the perfect excuse for 'tax rises' something they said they wouldnt do.

Did they? Or did they say that they wouldn't put up taxes for working people?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â