The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

24 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Or to put it in a slightly more confrontational way "some people need to have more than two kids to cover the shortfall left by the selfish people who choose to have none"

The most selfless thing is to have no kids and no pets, to cover the thoughtlessness of those people having both - the ones consuming all the planet’s resources, amplifying carbon emissions, pollution and habitat destruction to produce dogfood meat. There shouldn’t be child benefit, there should be a penalty.  That’s an eco policy Labour could adopt.

I don’t see much of a problem with the two child cap and I say that as someone with three kids . There’s far bigger issues imo . If not getting money for a third child is going to hinder you that much you shouldn’t be having more kids. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Genie said:

Like having more than 2 children when you can’t afford to feed the ones you already have 👀

Accidents happen 😂

14 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Or to put it in a slightly more confrontational way "some people need to have more than two kids to cover the shortfall left by the selfish people who choose to have none"

Disclaimers - I know that some people cannot rather than choose not. I also don't have more than two kids, so am part of the problem rather than the solution.

I think that's a very poor way to look at things. Calling someone who doesnt want kids selfish is a bit ignorant as you don't  know everyone's position e.g financial situation, child care situation etc. 

Edited by Demitri_C

17 hours ago, blandy said:

The most selfless thing is to have no kids and no pets, to cover the thoughtlessness of those people having both - the ones consuming all the planet’s resources, amplifying carbon emissions, pollution and habitat destruction to produce dogfood meat. There shouldn’t be child benefit, there should be a penalty.  That’s an eco policy Labour could adopt.

Anti Growth Coalition!

• Haha 1

Good start labour talking about payrises for teachers and nhs staff. 5.5% isn't enough but i wont criticise anyone thats willing to give them a pay increase. 

Question is where is money coming from 

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Good start labour talking about payrises for teachers and nhs staff. 5.5% isn't enough but i wont criticise anyone thats willing to give them a pay increase. 

Question is where is money coming from 

Certainly won't be coming out of the bombing other countries at the US's command fund...

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

5.5% isn't enough b

It’s what the pay review body recommended, not sure anyone has said it'll be that high yet. All Reeves has said is above inflation rises. Inflation is currently 2%. 
It was interesting to hear her talk sense on the cost of ongoing industrial action and negotiating all the time. They clearly want to end that, as they must if the NHS is going to improve and get the waiting lists down.

Aside from that she was talking about the 2 child cap, she was essentially saying get off your arse and work if you want more money because of the breakfast clubs and the 100,000 new nursery places there are less barriers for parents of young children to work.

The Labour Party really is trying to distance itself from what it deems to be the workshy.

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

It’s what the pay review body recommended, not sure anyone has said it'll be that high yet. All Reeves has said is above inflation rises. Inflation is currently 2%. 
It was interesting to hear her talk sense on the cost of ongoing industrial action and negotiating all the time. They clearly want to end that, as they must if the NHS is going to improve and get the waiting lists down.

Aside from that she was talking about the 2 child cap, she was essentially saying get off your arse and work if you want more money because of the breakfast clubs and the 100,000 new nursery places there are less barriers for parents of young children to work.

The Labour Party really is trying to distance itself from what it deems to be the workshy.

Yes the early steps seem to suggest they are not being a traditional labour party as im pretty sure a previous labour government would ahve scrapped the 2 child gap. Its a controversial subject im more towards scrapping it than keeping it but i get both sides because where would it stop otherwise.

Bbc are saying the 5.5%.  2% i think would be a insult to be honest.  That would do more harm than good

The waiting lists its nothing new what they are proposing alot of weekend week is already happening.  The problems are capacity and getting consultants who want to do the weekend lists. Also getting the nursing staff. Only way you are doing that is paying alot more than they currently do and making more theatre space if possible 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes the early steps seem to suggest they are not being a traditional labour party as im pretty sure a previous labour government would ahve scrapped the 2 child gap. Its a controversial subject im more towards scrapping it than keeping it but i get both sides because where would it stop otherwise.

Bbc are saying the 5.5%.  2% i think would be a insult to be honest.  That would do more harm than good

The waiting lists its nothing new what they are proposing alot of weekend week is already happening.  The problems are capacity and getting consultants who want to do the weekend lists. Also getting the nursing staff. Only way you are doing that is paying alot more than they currently do and making more theatre space if possible 

Come on, we can't expect those hard working bankers to pay a little tax on their thoroughly deserved, obscene bonuses in order to help the little people with their pay.

8 minutes ago, villaajax said:

Come on, we can't expect those hard working bankers to pay a little tax on their thoroughly deserved, obscene bonuses in order to help the little people with their pay.

Why would they not currently be paying tax on their bonus?

38 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And the really high earners at 45% you'd hope

There’s a lot talked about bankers bonuses that isn’t really true. There used to be a cap of 200% of salary which Liz Truss /Kwasi Kwarteng scrapped. The reasoning behind that was that the cap just pushed basic wages higher and higher to compensate and at least the bonuses were performance related. But nearly half of those bonuses goes back to the exchequer in tax.

The headline is always Banker X gets £1m bonus, it never says Banker X's bonus nets HMRC £450,000. The top line always makes for better headlines.

What needs to be changed is the Private Equity Managers bonuses as they pay much less tax, around 28% because they are taxed like Capital Gains Tax. I think Labour had it in their manifesto to address this loophole.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Come on, everyone who works in a bank gets an obscene tax free bonus deposited in an offshore account. Doris the cashier from Bilston has enough to buy Everton now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Come on, everyone who works in a bank gets an obscene tax free bonus deposited in an offshore account. Doris the cashier from Bilston has enough to buy Everton now. 

well-he-admits-it-j-jonah-jameson.gif

I have to say everytime I see Rachel Reeves I'm impressed. I hope she can deliver. 

I'm not sure if she'll be able to force pension schemes to invest more in the UK which has traditionally returned less than The US. But then is it Chicken and Egg and the additional investment will generate bigger returns? It's beyond my understanding how this all works. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I have to say everytime I see Rachel Reeves I'm…

Highly irritated. I can’t get past my irrational dislike of her accent, the fact that he upper face hardly moves (even her mouth doesn’t move that much) she's like one of those waxworks that has a face projected onto them and her complete Labour ming vase robotic language.

She makes Wes Streeting seem like a human being and makes me think Angela Rayner actually has a personality when she’s being interviewed. Even the opening icebreaking question was answered with “When Kier Starmer…” It’s like someone forgot to turn her OS updates back on on July 5th.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Highly irritated. I can’t get past my irrational dislike of her accent, the fact that he upper face hardly moves (even her mouth doesn’t move that much) she's like one of those waxworks that has a face projected onto them and her complete Labour ming vase robotic language.

She makes Wes Streeting seem like a human being and makes me think Angela Rayner actually has a personality when she’s being interviewed. Even the opening icebreaking question was answered with “When Kier Starmer…” It’s like someone forgot to turn her OS updates back on on July 5th.

Are you confusing her with Angela Rayner? Everytime I hear or see her I want to throw myself onto a hand grenade. 

I couldn't have imagined a decade ago that we'd have a Labour government in which Ed Miliband is one of the more charismatic members

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Are you confusing her with Angela Rayner? Everytime I hear or see her I want to throw myself onto a hand grenade. 

The pair of them are automatons

18 hours ago, bickster said:

And the really high earners at 45% you'd hope

There’s a lot talked about bankers bonuses that isn’t really true. There used to be a cap of 200% of salary which Liz Truss /Kwasi Kwarteng scrapped. The reasoning behind that was that the cap just pushed basic wages higher and higher to compensate and at least the bonuses were performance related. But nearly half of those bonuses goes back to the exchequer in tax.

The headline is always Banker X gets £1m bonus, it never says Banker X's bonus nets HMRC £450,000. The top line always makes for better headlines.

What needs to be changed is the Private Equity Managers bonuses as they pay much less tax, around 28% because they are taxed like Capital Gains Tax. I think Labour had it in their manifesto to address this loophole.

Yes, exactly this. My best mate went into trading and it all got taken out via PAYE (HMRC would even predict your bonus and make you pay the predicted tax in advance), and the only way to avoid it was to move overseas to a lower tax jurisdiction for 2+ years. His desk must have paid enough tax to keep a small hospital running.

Not that it’s really a problem any more because so many of the traders have moved overseas post-Brexit, but anyway.

Agreed on the CGT change for venture capital too.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â