The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's amazing how little opposition or bad press there is about nationalising the Railways. A few years ago this would have been seen as an unecessary madcap policy.

Is it the never ending ticket increases/delays/strikes that have changed pretty much everyones opinion.  It certainly has for me.  8 years ago it would have been right down the bottom of my wishes if I'd even have given it any thought. 

It's because everyone knows how shit it is and that half of it's in public ownership anyway as the operator of last resort. All the train co's do these days is act as govt agents and cream off profit. It's a nonsense.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not much chat about the King's speech. Is politics boring again?

I think there was a side story where they are going to have a review and then a report in to why there are kids living in poverty and whether there is anything that could be done about it. That sounds promising in the medium term.

Probably needs a few months and a budget to comment on much to be fair.

Liz Truss thought some of it didn’t reflect conservative values. Poor bugger, do you think anyone’s taken the time to explain what’s happened?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I don't know. It seems they're going to try and get nearly half their manifesto passed into law before the summer recess.  That's a hell of a lot of work and then they've got 3 and a half year to get a load more shit done we probably don't even know about yet. 

Oh look, whilst everybody is wittering in about the big ears speech, Starmer’s having a meeting with the Irish Tea Shock (soz) which appears to have been grow up and adult, discussing current issues in a sensible manner. So much so that Mr Harris has declared it a resetting of Anglo-Irish relations and has announced they’ve agreed to an annual joint summit.

Well that’s something we haven’t been used to in the last god knows how many years

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Its still the honeymoon period.  Lets see where we are at in 5 years when they have to make tough and difficult decisions.  He hasnt had to do anything as of yet.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Its still the honeymoon period.  Lets see where we are at in 5 years when they have to make tough and difficult decisions.  He hasnt had to do anything as of yet.

I mean, the King's speech is literally an announcement of him doing stuff.

Some decent but not groundbreaking (aside from rail renationalisation) stuff in there.

Edited by Wainy316

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I mean, the King's speech is literally an announcement of him doing stuff.

Some decent but not groundbreaking (aside from rail renationalisation) stuff in there.

But lets if it actually happens

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

There is nothing ground breaking about the rail nationalisation. An awful lot of it is already publicly owned. 

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But lets if it actually happens

It pretty much already has. 7 TOCs are already publicly owned, We already own all the infrastructure

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

It pretty much already has. 7 TOCs are already publicly owned, We already own all the infrastructure

I notice he didnt mention the two child cap tax. I was expecting something in that

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I notice he didnt mention the two child cap tax. I was expecting something in that

Not sure why when Labour specifically stated a number of times in the run up to the election that they wouldn't be lifting it

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not sure why when Labour specifically stated a number of times in the run up to the election that they wouldn't be lifting it

It was part of the wish. The group think that said vote for the offer of non specific austerity in the hope that you were reading between the lines and in reality once in power labour would do that thing that was your pet thing.

To be fair to Labour, it wasn’t due to a Labour ‘wink’, it was just people projecting what they wanted on to what was clearly being offered, an overall budget cut.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Because a number of his own party are against it

so they are just as bad as the Conservative party then. Great stuff very humane of them

Edited by Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Because a number of his own party are against it

so they are just as bad as the Conservative party then. Great stuff very humane of them

Yes, yes. That's it. They've not raised the 2 child cap so they're as bad as The Conservative party. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â