The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

53 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Interesting reading and thanks for providing the links.

Gun murder capital of the EU is a bad enough moniker. You didn't need to exaggerate it to murder capital of the world.

Then I think you need to re read what I wrote.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Going from "murder capital" to "gun murder capital" is a fairly substantial moving of the goalposts, tbf

It really isn’t when the deaths by firearms accounts for roughly 60-80% of the murders in Sweden. Places like Moldova and Albania might beat Sweden if you also include knives, but what does that say about Sweden? Per capita Sweden is EUs murder capital, with Uppsala, Malmö and Gothenburg on a pretty hefty downward spiral.

4th of July saw something akin to what we see in the US when several people were shot and killed in just one night.

Edited by magnkarl

7 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It really isn’t when the deaths by firearms accounts for roughly 60-80% of the murders in Sweden. Places like Moldova and Albania might beat Sweden if you also include knives, but what does that say about Sweden? Per capita Sweden is EUs murder capital, with Uppsala, Malmö and Gothenburg on a pretty hefty downward spiral.

It is not the murder capital per capita.

Sweden is towards the top (but not top) for gun related murders, but not for all murders. Significantly lower than the UK and France, among others

Which suggests that either Sweden's gun laws are a problem, or they're much better at reducing other forms of murder like knife crime.

I don’t think I’ve ever felt unsafe anywhere in the U.K. and I’ve been to Croydon.

It may be an age thing, ignorance, natural alpha wolf instincts, or I’m the problem.

On 12/07/2024 at 07:28, Jareth said:

Which countries share our morals? 

On 12/07/2024 at 09:08, Stevo985 said:

The white ones

Surely the discussion can be better than this? Do we consider that some countries do live by a different set of values from others? 

I am certain for example that people in many countries with laws based on religious beliefs consider that we in the west live decadent, hedonistic lifestyles and don’t share their morals.

So is it possible to say that we don’t share the same morals as every other society without subtly being accused of being a racist bigot? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

Surely the discussion can be better than this? Do we consider that some countries do live by a different set of values from others? 

I am certain for example that people in many countries with laws based on religious beliefs consider that we in the west live decadent, hedonistic lifestyles and don’t share their morals.

So is it possible to say that we don’t share the same morals as every other society without subtly being accused of being a racist bigot? 

Yes of course.

However, my comment was relevant to the context 

17 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It is not the murder capital per capita.

Sweden is towards the top (but not top) for gun related murders, but not for all murders. Significantly lower than the UK and France, among others

Which suggests that either Sweden's gun laws are a problem, or they're much better at reducing other forms of murder like knife crime.

Though gun laws are in place. The issue seems to be gangs murdering each other with collateral deaths. The two gangs in question are Kurdish and Syrian. Most of the murders are done by kids who came to Sweden via its very liberal immigration policies. Sweden has let something like 100.000 immigrants from outside of the EU into their country every year for many years in a row.

It’s a problem and the Swedish parliament is likely going to adopt similar laws to their neighbour and the same people who think importing 100.000 people a year with totally different moral values to theirs will moan and hiss racism while offering no credible solution other than hot air.

Cultures are different. When you can’t integrate and settle the people you take in you get this sort of situation. 

Edited by magnkarl

Can someone make the next post about the Labour Party please. Because the posts above this one have very little to do with that subject. Keep to the subject of the topic please.

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I bet Starmer is quietly pleased he doesn’t have to deal with calls for a bank holiday.

Assassination threat recedes :D 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Genie said:

I bet Starmer is quietly pleased he doesn’t have to deal with calls for a bank holiday.

He could have gone up in my books if he had 😂

I see lammys gone to speak to israel PM about ending the war. Im sure Israel listened 🎶 

U, U-turn, when the crowd says bo, selecta

Earlier this month, the Guardian reported that Labour government would drop its attempt to delay the ICC's decision.

The report by Maariv came after reports last week that the US was lobbying the Labour government to not to drop the legal challenge.

If the Maariv report is confirmed, it would suggest those lobbying efforts have been successful.

It's amazing how little opposition or bad press there is about nationalising the Railways. A few years ago this would have been seen as an unecessary madcap policy.

Is it the never ending ticket increases/delays/strikes that have changed pretty much everyones opinion.  It certainly has for me.  8 years ago it would have been right down the bottom of my wishes if I'd even have given it any thought. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â