The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

There's some wild generalisations there - especially on the work point.  You're implying that Ukrainian people want to work more so than others?

For me, it doesn't read as "Ukrainians want to work" it's a more overt racism - it's  "those from the average despotic ME country" (Arabs), don't want to work. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

FA Cup final becomes Erik ten Hag's finest hour as Man Utd beat Man City

United were so incredibly lucky to play a City side who had spend the entire week running up to the cup final on the lash. 

Maybe we can drop a case of carling outside the hotel room of every Spanish player?

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Just realised my son has recently turned 2 and is on his 4th Prime Minister already.

I was nearly 23 by the time I had my 4th.

Same. And two monarchs. England are going to win a tournament and when I explain to him prime ministers used to last for over a decade, the only monarch was the queen for what felt like forever, Villa were always fighting relegation or some other form of ‘being shit’ and England were shit and win nothing he will be making sure Ive been taking my pills. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Come on keir give us a bank holiday if england win sunday 😄

I'm pretty sure the relevant Act says it must be the Queen (because Acts are written) that would have to make such a proclamation. I assume that the PM can ask / suggest though

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

For me, it doesn't read as "Ukrainians want to work" it's a more overt racism - it's  "those from the average despotic ME country" (Arabs), don't want to work. 

Again, let’s just ignore the last 20 years. Also you need to show me how everyone who’s fleeing the ME is an Arab, because that’s a wild generalisation onto itself.

Is it European migrants that are the issue? Is it European migrants causing havoc in Sweden, creating parallel societies in large parts of Berlin, Paris, Italy and so forth?

The point is about the values of the people you’re trying to integrate. Just keeping right on with what we’ve (and large parts of Europe) has done has led to massive issues. It isn’t racist to say that, just as it isn’t racist to say that the Rwanda scheme is about as useful as a hole in the head. Denmark’s approach works, it’s hard to argue with their results. Their immigrant related crime has plummeted since the new regulations came into effect and better yet Denmark is seeing no massive swing to the right akin to what we’ve seen in the countries in Europe struggling with that kind of immigration.

Thanks for the low-blow tho. Sticking our heads in the sand and not discussing it because Karen might feel it’s racist has worked great, hasn’t it?

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, limpid said:

I'm pretty sure the relevant Act says it must be the Queen (because Acts are written) that would have to make such a proclamation. I assume that the PM can ask / suggest though

Psst 

Queen passed away some time ago 😉

• Haha 3

I am like @bickster, if a bank holiday is announced my employer takes that from my holiday allowance. So respectfully if England could lose it would be excellent. 

Edited by Seat68

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I am like @bickster, if a bank holiday is announced my employer takes that from my holiday allowance. So respectfully if England could lose it would be excellent. 

Selfish sod 😂

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Is it European migrants that are the issue? Is it European migrants causing havoc in Sweden, creating parallel societies in large parts of Berlin, Paris, Italy and so forth?

Are you saying parallel societies shouldn't exist in a country?

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Are you saying parallel societies shouldn't exist in a country?

I’d say that, ideally. Depends how far you take the definition of ”parallel”. If you take it to mean segregated or separate, then definitely they shouldn’t. If you take it mean “playing by a different set of rules and laws, then also, no. I suppose if you just mean “well, they’re just a little bit different culturally”, then that’s not really “parallel”. Ideally I’d hope to assimilate, and hope that others would, too and try to end up with the best of all the different cultures.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Psst 

I know. The Act still says Queen.

50 minutes ago, limpid said:

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Psst 

Funny the things that you don't think off. I. Was caught out today when I saw mention of "King's Counsel" lawyers rather than Queens Counsel. Just one of those thinks that need to change of course but you just don't think till you see it. 

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wonder how long Labour can blame everything being shite on the previous Tory government until people get fed up of it. I would say about 9 months.

Everything is still Thatcher's fault. 

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

I know. The Act still says Queen.

If only 1970s legislators had foreseen gender-neutral wokery instead of sticking to this Common Sense :D

1 hour ago, magnkarl said:

Again, let’s just ignore the last 20 years.

Because the last 20 years have proved that people from Middle Eastern countries don't want to work?

I wasn't discussing migration with you. I was pointing out the racist statement where you'd said that people from Middle Eastern countries don't want to work.

The point is about the values of the people you’re trying to integrate. 

It is, it's about the generalisation you're making about the values of those people - values which, in your opinion, include that they are lazy in comparison to European people.

Thanks for the low-blow tho. Sticking our heads in the sand and not discussing it because Karen might feel it’s racist has worked great, hasn’t it?

I respect your desire for racism to be more widely accepted, though I don't agree with it.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

If only 1970s legislators had foreseen gender-neutral wokery instead of sticking to this Common Sense :D

I would have expected "Monarch" even back then.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, blandy said:

I’d say that, ideally. Depends how far you take the definition of ”parallel”. If you take it to mean segregated or separate, then definitely they shouldn’t. If you take it mean “playing by a different set of rules and laws, then also, no. I suppose if you just mean “well, they’re just a little bit different culturally”, then that’s not really “parallel”. Ideally I’d hope to assimilate, and hope that others would, too and try to end up with the best of all the different cultures.

Ultimately, the right to live and trade within and without a subculture in a pluralistic, heterogeneous society are matters of human dignity and civil rights worldwide. I don't feel there are more important imperatives on earth (that is, the rights to trade and live in dignity), provided the subculture doesn't impinge on others' freedoms to do -- or not do -- the same. To my mind, the Amish, Mennonite, Traveler, Hasidim, Romani, even Bluenoses 😂 et al peoples etc etc. in America, Ireland and Britain have subcultures that strengthen the social fabric, even if I don't want to live that way.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â