The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Just realised my son has recently turned 2 and is on his 4th Prime Minister already.

I was nearly 23 by the time I had my 4th.

Yup, my daughter's nine and has had six. 

On 09/07/2024 at 12:07, bobzy said:

Obviously we'd need housing facilities for them, but that's tough on an asylum claim basis.

I wonder if your stance was any different for those coming from Ukraine.  Should they have come here to work?

Actually, from my own personal experience integrating migrants from Ukraine is a hell of a lot easier than someone from the average despotic ME country. Firstly, Ukrainians mostly know English, they’re already fairly well educated and they want to work. That’s before we get into values, religion and views on genders, sexuality and such things. 

The issue isn’t migration from Europe, something the UK has profited from for decades.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Starmer not ruling out a bank holiday if England win on Sunday. 

Bad news for @bickster :lol: 

Another reason I didn’t vote Labour. They are obsessed with public holidays

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Genie said:

That would certainly endear him to many though.  The Euros has fallen nicely for him!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Actually, from my own personal experience integrating migrants from Ukraine is a hell of a lot easier than someone from the average despotic ME country. Firstly, Ukrainians mostly know English, they’re already fairly well educated and they want to work. That’s before we get into values, religion and views on genders, sexuality and such things. 

The issue isn’t migration from Europe, something the UK has profited from for decades.

There's some wild generalisations there - especially on the work point.  You're implying that Ukrainian people want to work more so than others?  Based on...?

On the English part, I'm not actually sure that's true.  The few Ukrainians that came and stayed with families in the area that I live in (and it's a small sample size) largely did not speak any English at all whereas, from my time working in the Home Office, people from Africa (in particular) spoken English pretty well.  Also true of the few Syrian refugees that I encountered and I imagine people from Iran/Iraq/Afghanistan (which from memory represent the highest number of illegal immigrants by country) would largely have English as a second/taught language.

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

Lets face it, if England win on Sunday then productivity will be at a severe low on Monday anyway :D 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Lets face it, if England win on Sunday then productivity will be at a severe low on Monday anyway :D 

I doubt they could arrange it that quickly :lol: I assume it would be in a month or so time

(I don’t think England will beat Spain anyway, even the luckiest man alive can’t fluke that…. can he?)

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

(I don’t think England will beat Spain anyway, even the luckiest man alive can’t fluke that…. can he?)

FA Cup final becomes Erik ten Hag's finest hour as Man Utd beat Man City

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm not so sure anymore. 

I think the players are just basically ignoring him now and sorting it out between themselves. 

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wonder how long Labour can blame everything being shite on the previous Tory government until people get fed up of it. I would say about 9 months.

Well the Tories got 9 years (based on election wins) of successful mileage out of doing it the other way round.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I wonder how long Labour can blame everything being shite on the previous Tory government until people get fed up of it. I would say about 9 months.

C’mon, in the lead up to this election I heard Gordon Brown blamed for current levels of investment and selling gold off cheaply.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â