The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Sort of agree, sort of disagree. I certainly think the Tory and LibDem manifestos should get the same level of scrutiny, which they aren't

Well its obvious why that is - because neither party is going to be the next government . Everyone knows labour are the next government so they should be scrutinised more so we can see if they are telling the truth or full of shit like the tories.  I would expect the same if the tories were in labours position and going to win a landslide.   

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well its obvious why that is - because neither party is going to be the next government . Everyone knows labour are the next government so they should be scrutinised more so we can see if they are telling the truth or full of shit like the tories.  I would expect the same if the tories were in labours position and going to win a landslide.   

Right, so is that what happened in 2019?

The obviously winning Tory's had their manifestos promises more heavily scrutinised?
The honest answer is no they didn't

• Like 4

It's also true that the entire system was set against the 2019 Labour Party that people were positively giddy the Labour manifesto was being ripped to shreds. The centre had bigger dragons to slay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Right, so is that what happened in 2019?

The obviously winning Tory's had their manifestos promises more heavily scrutinised?
The honest answer is no they didn't

Are you referring to any specific organisation or the media in general? 

Im pretty sure johnson was grilled continuously about his Brexit plan in his manifesto in 2019? I also remember about all that shit about levelling up.  (Worst catchprase ever)

Â