The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Is this the same Starmer that pledged, in Liverpool, during his leadership campaign, never to speak to the sun?

In his own special way, he is very consistent.

I think you must be talking about another bloke called Starmer because what Kier Starmer said in 2020 during his hustings for leader in Liverpool was “I certainly won’t be giving any interviews to The Sun during the course of this campaign.”

Which isn’t quite the same thing.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think you must be talking about another bloke called Starmer because what Kier Starmer said in 2020 during his hustings for leader in Liverpool was 

“I certainly won’t be giving any interviews to The Sun during the course of this campaign.”

Which isn’t quite the same thing.

No, it’s not quite the same thing is it.

It’s very much a particular promise to a particular audience at a particular time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

No, it’s not quite the same thing is it.

It’s very much a particular promise to a particular audience at a particular time.

It’s a very lawyerly answer 😂

to be fair it's normally around now where the sun pledges its support for labour anyway. should happen any day now.

Well, I know I said it last night, but I'm surprised that she proved me right quite so quickly. She needs kicking right back out.

• Like 1

Some journalists suspect a life changing medical bombshell is to come from Abbott.

We're still waiting on Vlad. No pushing in Diane.

In fairness 'sensible centrist dads' the country over have been poking needles into their voodoo poppits of Abbott with much more vigor than they have Vlad's felt organs for much longer, she's bound to have cancer or a heart attack soon enough.

The only party that could possibly defeat Labour in the election is the Labour Party.

every time they near victory they self destruct with infighting and petty squabbles. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

The only party that could possibly defeat Labour in the election is the Labour Party.

every time they near victory they self destruct with infighting and petty squabbles. 

They are not even in power yet and the petiness is already showing 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Well, I know I said it last night, but I'm surprised that she proved me right quite so quickly. She needs kicking right back out.

I suspect her mind is stuck somewhere around the time her profile picture was taken, 1992 or the like while she was campaigning for the Irish 'freedom fighters' and hoped they would beat the British state and having it on with the future supreme leader.

Edited by magnkarl
  • Like 1

Gething, the Labour First Minister in Wales has just lost a vote of no confidence.

You’ll have seen him but not heard him in the first few days of campaigning when he was allowed to be photographed next to Starmer and Rayner on condition he didn’t speak or answer questions.

Gething sticking to his story that there was nothing odd about being in charge of a govt. bank that gave a £400,000 loan to a convicted criminal, who the next day donated £200,000 to Gething’s leadership campaign.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

One of us

That account is run by a complete and utter gibbon, I was looking at some of his other anti-Starmer posts the other day - he needs psychiatric assistance

Football fans (of which Starmer undoubtedly is) quite often talk a load of bollocks and as evidence I point you to the football section of this site. So in that instance, yes, he's one of us.

As it happens on occasion, I have to transcribe conversations for SARs in work, it doesn't matter what you do, the spoken word when written down makes everyone look terrible. especially when the context of the other half of the conversation is removed

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

That account is run by a complete and utter gibbon, I was looking at some of his other anti-Starmer posts the other day - he needs psychiatric assistance

Football fans (of which Starmer undoubtedly is) quite often talk a load of bollocks and as evidence I point you to the football section of this site. So in that instance, yes, he's one of us.

As it happens on occasion, I have to transcribe conversations for SARs in work, it doesn't matter what you do, the spoken word when written down makes everyone look terrible. especially when the context of the other half of the conversation is removed

I don't have twitter so don't know anything about the account.

Just thought the video was funny...

As an aside, I was working at a football ground a couple of months back, with a woman in her late twenties who has a law degree, she's bright, sensible and intelligent. Sir Keir was in attendance and I said to her "Keir Starmer is here, he'll be in one of those boxes" and waved in the general direction of them. Her answer? "Who is Kier Starmer?". Later in the day she mentioned him as "that man you mentioned earlier Ken or Keith or something".

She'll vote.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

As an aside, I was working at a football ground a couple of months back, with a woman in her late twenties who has a law degree, she's bright, sensible and intelligent. Sir Keir was in attendance and I said to her "Keir Starmer is here, he'll be in one of those boxes" and waved in the general direction of them. Her answer? "Who is Kier Starmer?". Later in the day she mentioned him as "that man you mentioned earlier Ken or Keith or something".

She'll vote.

Ken Starmer....ya' no say daddy me Snow me I go blame.  A licky boom boom down

Snow - Informer (Official Music Video) on Make a GIF

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Would get my vote, if true

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jun/06/keir-starmer-expected-push-palestinian-state-labour-manifesto

Keir Starmer is planning to use the Labour manifesto to make his strongest commitment yet on Palestinian statehood in a move to shore up the party’s core support on the left, sources have told the Guardian.

People with knowledge of the document say the Labour leader is expected to include a pledge to recognise Palestine before the end of any peace process, and to make sure such a move does not get vetoed by a neighbouring country.

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

She'll vote.

It's really easy to forget that the massive majority have no idea about politics. There was a question on Pointless in March about female MPs, and both Rachel Reeves and Angela Rayner were pointless answers. 

One of the polling companies did a focus group on the debate the other day, and no-one in their group had ever heard Starmer's "my father was a tool-maker..." story before. 

• Like 2

Â