The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

The National Executive Committee have voted in favour of Corbyn being an automatic candidate on the ballot. With that I think we can say Angela Eagle is about to get smashed. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

The National Executive Committee have voted in favour of Corbyn being an automatic candidate on the ballot. With that I think we can say Angela Eagle is about to get smashed. 

Is that some sort of post-vote ceremony? :o

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Her role as sacrificial lamb is complete.

Now, what do they do...? Split off? Dark arts with their media friends? Or wait for the next convenient moment to try to push him again?

• Like 1

Watching Corbyn on the news live now, he really comes across as a condescending p**** when he talks to the press. He clearly has disdain for the press, but needs to realise that when he talks like that to the cameras, that's how most of the electorate will see him. Not at a party rally, but via the press. 

1 minute ago, jon_c said:

Watching Corbyn on the news live now, he really comes across as a condescending p**** when he talks to the press. He clearly has disdain for the press, but needs to realise that when he talks like that to the cameras, that's how most of the electorate will see him. Not at a party rally, but via the press. 

Edit: Sorry, reading that back it sounded a bit off. Apologies.

I disagree with this though. I actually laughed out loud, at the way he spoke to the press. I like that he's got the balls not to play the game. The majority of them are desperate to stitch him up anyway.

Edited by dAVe80

Word going around that members from after February won't be able to vote and anyone wanting to vote has to pay £25 for the privilege in the next 2 days.

**** the Labour Party. I hope it burns to the ground. That is despicable.

52 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Yeah but the media are all bitter Blairites who are out to get him.

Apparently.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Word going around that members from after February won't be able to vote and anyone wanting to vote has to pay £25 for the privilege in the next 2 days.

If that's true - and I don't know how reliably to value 'word going around' - it might very well be the quid pro quo for keeping Corbyn on the ballot. 

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Are they still on the edge of bankruptcy?

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

This was reported on the BBC. Bit of a kick in the pants, but I still can't see Corbyn getting beat.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

If that's true - and I don't know how reliably to value 'word going around' - it might very well be the quid pro quo for keeping Corbyn on the ballot. 

It's been reported in a few places now.

Slight correction though. Only post February joiners have a £25 surcharge in a 2 day window to be able to actually do what their membership they paid for days they could do.

It's bullshit. Whether part of a deal or not, you've sold hundreds of thousands down the river. All because you're desperate for power. words removed.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, jon_c said:

^ The problem is, he has to learn to talk to and play the press if he is ever to have any chance of winning a GE. 

This needs to change. If only someone would stop playing the game and get back to substantive adult level discussions...

• Like 1

Just now, villakram said:

This needs to change. If only someone would stop playing the game and get back to substantive adult level discussions...

In order to get adults to vote for you in substantial numbers you need to treat them like children.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Slight correction though. Only post February joiners have a £25 surcharge in a 2 day window to be able to actually do what their membership they paid for days they could do.

What is their reasoning behind that?

It sounds utterly pathetic.

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's been reported in a few places now.

It's bullshit. Whether part of a deal or not, you've sold hundreds of thousands down the river. All because you're desperate for power. words removed.

Do you have a link to anywhere clarifying this mate? Cheers! 

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

Do you have a link to anywhere clarifying this mate? Cheers! 

It's on the Beeb page about Corbyn being on the ballot.

Only those who joined Labour before February will be able to vote in the leadership contest.

Anyone who joined after then will have to pay an extra £25 to become a "registered supporter" - and will only get a two-day window in which to do so.

• Like 2

Â