The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think UKIP are done - Farage has made an arse of himself over the last couple of weeks and the Conservatives will be looking for someone to carry the can for all and any fall out from Brexit. He's an unpopular man now and I suspect he'll be even more unpopular in a couple of months time. Thankfully, I think this dinosaur will shortly be joining the others.

hmm i actually think the opposite i think he has become more popular recently

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think that embarrassing speech he delivered in Brussels has probably done for him. It might have helped if he hadn't had his Union Jack upside down. He's also served his own stated purpose - he's pulled Britain out of Europe, that's what he wanted, he's done. I think pretty much everyone but the extremists have now seen him for what he is.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I think that embarrassing speech he delivered in Brussels has probably done for him. It might have helped if he hadn't had his Union Jack upside down. He's also served his own stated purpose - he's pulled Britain out of Europe, that's what he wanted, he's done. I think pretty much everyone but the extremists have now seen him for what he is.

He did go a little OTT i think, he did stand up for British people I will hand him that but how does he expect us to get a good deal with EU with behavior like that. But surprisingly most people I speak to who voted out liked that farage stuck up for Britain.

Wouldn't be surprised if UKIP fold he diverts to conservatives. 

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Me to.

Farage will have repatriation in the UKIP manifesto soon.  (which would be incredibly poplular)

If Corbyn win a new labour leadership contest - UKIP could be become the official opposition

• Like 1

Where are the LibDems in all of this?

They should be going tooth and nail to reach a level of popularity in these times, but I haven't heard a peep out of them.

They should be squaring themselves up to at least reach the big 2's level of popularity, it certainly wouldn't take much.

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

They should be going tooth and nail to reach a level of popularity in these times, but I haven't heard a peep out of them.

They should be squaring themselves up to at least reach the big 2's level of popularity, it certainly wouldn't take much.

They're running on an anti-Brexit platform. Presumably they're trying to formulate exactly what their position is versus how close to power it'll get them.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Extremists  :o 

My Facebook feed kindly spammed me with the news about his speech , on the whole people were lapping it up , felt he socked it to them  .. goes without saying none of those commenting were likely to have been remain supporters , but they weren't extremists either 

He did lack a bit of class , that's a given , he's not as articulate in his insulting as Hannan , but on the whole it will have made him more popular with 52% and more unpopular with 48% , who probably feel their opinion is more valid than the 52% and thus the opinion we should take :) 

42 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I dont even know who their leader is, shows how relevant they are nowdays

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

They are probably similar in ideology to a lot of the Labour mutineers, perhaps they could join forces to make a new centre-left party.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

The LibDems' role is to represent compromise and moderation and this isn't the time.

The country is polarised and no party looks safe from alienating one half of the division or the other, by either going for a shit or bust Brexit, or a capitulating fudge.

At some point in the future when the other parties have torn themselves apart, they may emerge as what seems like a sensible alternative.

Just now, MakemineVanilla said:

The LibDems' role is to represent compromise and moderation and this isn't the time.

The country is polarised and no party looks safe from alienating one half of the division or the other, by either going for a shit or bust Brexit, or a capitulating fudge.

At some point in the future when the other parties have torn themselves apart, they may emerge as what seems like a sensible alternative.

I'd say compromise at this time is exactly what the country wants.

Everyone wants the economy to level out, and then everything else is nearly a 50/50 split.

If they made the right choices, they'd be "right up there".

They do need to address this very well though.

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'd say compromise at this time is exactly what the country wants.

Everyone wants the economy to level out, and then everything else is nearly a 50/50 split.

If they made the right choices, they'd be "right up there".

They do need to address this very well though.

But sometimes when two equally matched big guys are about to have a punch up, offering to hold their coats is the safest strategy. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Must admit I always had a soft spot for Clegg.  Even though he sold his soul to get into Parliment with Dave, he always seemed like a decent chap.

I too liked Clegg tbh. I would have more faith in him than Gove, May, or Corbyn

Edited by Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I too liked Clegg tbh. I would have more faith in him than Gove, May, or Corbyn

Clegg that wanted to have border controls on the M1  (ok he didn't exactly say this , but he did say about implementing regional immigration which in internet terms means he gets ridiculed for life )

He's suddenly become the Reo -Coker of politics , the long he stays on the side lines the more amazing he becomes

Gove angered radical left wing teachers and you're letting the Facebook mob rule influence you , watch him on Question time and he is usually well received even by a hand picked impartial BBC audience  :rolleyes:  , he also did a reasonable job in the EU debate in his TV appearance ... there are rumours that he can be a bit of a control freak , but hey , he's hardly going to be criticised by Corbyn in that regard

he'd be the best (of a bad bunch if you will )

I also liked Clegg. Still not sure what he could have done different in the face of a majority Tory representation in the coalition. 

He got an AV referendum out of it. Although it should have been PR.

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Clegg that wanted to have border controls on the M1  (ok he didn't exactly say this , but he did say about implementing regional immigration which in internet terms means he gets ridiculed for life )

He's suddenly become the Reo -Coker of politics , the long he stays on the side lines the more amazing he becomes

Gove angered radical left wing teachers and you're letting the Facebook mob rule influence you , watch him on Question time and he is usually well received even by a hand picked impartial BBC audience  :rolleyes:  , he also did a reasonable job in the EU debate in his TV appearance ... there are rumours that he can be a bit of a control freak , but hey , he's hardly going to be criticised by Corbyn in that regard

he'd be the best (of a bad bunch if you will )

Not at all Tone, I think he is abit of a weasel. I did see him on QT he did avoid a lot of the questions and gave the politician talk. Also stabbed Boris in the back within 24hrs. Cant trust this cretin mate. Would rather someone like Crabb. Looks young and has a interesting background story isnt a etoniain like the rest of them. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â