The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

14 hours ago, terrytini said:

That hypothesis is becoming less true, almost by the minute.

OK - Bottom line a new party has no solid core base of voters who will stick with it whatever. See the SDP in the 80's, fine for the initial 'go live bounce' - but a couple of crises and you find yourself with zero support. 

Would not occur to JC that if he has voted against labour policy over 400 times - perhaps he is in the wrong party.

To me he only cares about receiving rapturous applause from those that already agree with him.

Politics is all about cutting a deal when your getting 60/70% of what you want. If JC for example was negotiating for a workers pay rise of say 10% - He would rather walk away with no pay pay rise than accept 7-8% if offered. He views this as being strong, when it is in fact stupidity in the extreme.

To me right now he looks a very pathetic , stupid little man. 

• Like 3

I've just realised its all a meticulously planned fund raiser, like New Coke. Get people to paying the Labour party subs, just so they can vote on the leadership contests.

(It was  probably all Mandleson's idea)

She's a fall guy.

I sincerely how the Labour party implodes after allvthis. The MPs cynically knifing a leader they never wanted with knives they've sharpened for months waiting for a crisis, completely at odds with their membership. Dispicable.

• Like 4

Thoughts?

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/06/28/truth-behind-labour-coup-really-began-manufactured-exclusive/

An exclusive investigation by The Canary can reveal that the current Labour ‘coup’ being instigated against Jeremy Corbyn appears to have been orchestrated by a PR company where Tony Blair’s arch spin-doctor, Alastair Campbell, is a senior advisor.

Edited by darrenm
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I can't link to it as it's a pdf, but a YouGov poll of 2,000 over the last 3 days gives Angela Eagle an approval rating as Labour leader of.......

1%

go for it!

Seems the plan is one candidate to challenge him ? Not knowing how the Labour Party work would that mean she is leader or does her challenge and presumably getting enough votes for another round then allow others to enter the competition ?

Iff Eagles is the answer then they'd be better off with Corbyn 

Five people I've spoken to in the past couple of days, have told me they have joined the Labour Party for the first time, so as to back Corbyn. Not to mention others I've seen saying they're doing the same, on Facebook and other social media. It may not be a majority of the country, but a lot of people have been bothered enough to join the party, and want to back Corbyn. I don't think anyone would stand a chance, running against him for leadership.  

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Five people I've spoken to in the past couple of days, have told me they have joined the Labour Party for the first time, so as to back Corbyn. Not to mention others I've seen saying they're doing the same, on Facebook and other social media. It may not be a majority of the country, but a lot of people have been bothered enough to join the party, and want to back Corbyn. I don't think anyone would stand a chance, running against him for leadership.  

Where does that leave the 170 rebel MP's though ?

do they all resign if he stays on ?

i guess it might come down to the legal challenge and if Corbyns name is even allows on the ballot ?

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Where does that leave the 170 rebel MP's though ?

do they all resign if he stays on ?

i guess it might come down to the legal challenge and if Corbyns name is even allows on the ballot ?

There's talk that the legalities of using the Labour name, for a break away party have already been discussed. I think there's a real possibility this might actually happen. UK politics seems to be in a period of change at the moment. I guess short term, it's going to be bad for the party, but long term it could see a genuine opposition to the established centre right governments that we've seen in recent years, rather than two major parties that are pretty much the same thing

The Tories could walk the next election, but with the rise of UKIP seeming to continue, and the SNP having so much power in Scotland, could we see votes spread out more evenly, and more coalition governments in the future?

Do you think Jeremy Corbyn should or should not resign as leader of the Labour party?

Should resign: 49

Should not resign: 30

Don't know 22

(I know that adds up to 101%, not my figures)

And if he does resign, which of the following do you think would be best to replace him as leader of the Labour party?

Hillary Benn 13

Chuka Umunna 7

Yvette Cooper 4

Dan Jarvis 2

Tom Watson 2

John McDonnell 2

Angela Eagle 1

Someone else 11

Don’t know 57

youGov

Houston, we have a problem...

What that primarily reveals is how desperately thin the 'talent' on Labour's benches is. 'Someone else' and 'don't know' together make up more than two thirds of the choices. 

Corbyn will stand again. Corbyn will win. A new party seems the most likely outcome by far. Intra-party discipline has been irredeemably lost. 

Where would the money come from for this new party ? The unions would presumably stay with the current party and the only man rich enough to find a centre right new new labour will be standing for war crimes In a few days when Chilcot is released 

43 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Where would the money come from for this new party ? The unions would presumably stay with the current party and the only man rich enough to find a centre right new new labour will be standing for war crimes In a few days when Chilcot is released 

Rich donors (of which Labour does have a reasonable number, obviously smaller than the Tories but not non-existent) and then a battle for union loyalty over time I would guess. 

Don't forget, if the Tories end up much more socially conservative, there probably will be a demand from the donor class (who are often fiscal conservatives and social liberals, even if that's not popular amongst the electorate) for somewhere to park their political donations. 

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The big winners out of this will be ukip

I think UKIP are done - Farage has made an arse of himself over the last couple of weeks and the Conservatives will be looking for someone to carry the can for all and any fall out from Brexit. He's an unpopular man now and I suspect he'll be even more unpopular in a couple of months time. Thankfully, I think this dinosaur will shortly be joining the others.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

As have I.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â