The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

There's little unusual about this, but ****, give me this is broken, and I don't know if electoral reform can fix it

"You don't vote for the leader, you vote for your constituency representative", left unsaid "but if they don't do the leader's bidding, they'll be kicked out and probably lost their seat, so they'll do exactly what he says"

Our constituency representative is mostly a sham due to party whips. All we have is a few hundred people who must do what Keir says.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The British public overwhelmingly voted for change. 

:crylaugh:

They voted for a party who categorically said they wouldn't change this. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They voted for a party who categorically said they wouldn't change this. 

But once he's elected, he's going to rip off the mask and it'll be Jeremy Corbyn underneath, and he'll give us all free jam.

There were a remarkable number of people who listened to what Keir Starmer stood for and said "No. Actually he's going to do what I want, he's just got to pretend".

Didn't vote for him, glad I didn't vote for him, and I can't see that I ever would, the bloke is a dickhead.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Bibby Stockholm barge is being binned off. 

And to balance my previous post, well that one is good news. He's not Satan, and I won't oppose everything :)

I do think in 5 years, the country will be in a better place than it is now, and a much better place than it'd be than under another 5 years of Rishi **** Sunak. I just rue the missed opportunity. 

• Like 1

Just now, bobzy said:

This sounds like some sort of... change?

I don't think it's allowed @Davkaus?

There are all manner of ways you can take things I've said and make me look like a dickhead, I do it myself more often than not, but I am definitely not guilty of the "they're all the same!" line :) 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

This sounds like some sort of... change?

I don't think it's allowed.  @Chindie? @Davkaus?

You're a bit simple if you think anyone thinks this Labour party and the Tories are identical twins. Of course they're going to do some things differently, and some of it will be good, slightly. 

As I've said many, many times, Labour aren't really offering 'change', they're deck chair shuffling on the Titanic, fiddling, fussing, fudging, but not really fundamentally altering the bigger picture, but telling us all that they are (whilst simultaneously saying they won't because that'll spook the horses that matter).

The biggest thing they're offering is essentially more competent hands on the tiller and a more boring professional presentation. Which is something, but again, not really changing course, just changing how things look. 

Which is enough for the centre. They want boring Tories. And that's what they've got.

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

You're a bit simple if you think anyone thinks this Labour party and the Tories are identical twins. Of course they're going to do some things differently, and some of it will be good, slightly. 

As I've said many, many times, Labour aren't really offering 'change', they're deck chair shuffling on the Titanic, fiddling, fussing, fudging, but not really fundamentally altering the bigger picture, but telling us all that they are (whilst simultaneously saying they won't because that'll spook the horses that matter).

The biggest thing they're offering is essentially more competent hands on the tiller and a more boring professional presentation. Which is something, but again, not really changing course, just changing how things look. 

Which is enough for the centre. They want boring Tories. And that's what they've got.

Merely being competent is offering "change", to be honest.

Gut feel it'll be a lot more than deck chair shuffling on the Titanic, but not quite freebies for everyone.  Somewhere, almost, in the middle.  The centre, if you will.

Seven MPs who were very recently elected on a programme that explicitly said they were not going to remove the 2 child cap

I reckon Starmer is secretly pleased, he's shown he's prepared to be “fiscally responsible”, will stick to his plan and he's just killed the Campaign Group of MPs

But what they did say they’d do is provide every child with breakfast at school and massively increase nursery school places. I have no idea which of the two policies raises families out of poverty more but I suspect it’s actually the Labour policy (though not for every family obvs and there will be those who can’t work for perfectly valid reasons)

The message is get out there and work!

Corbyn can start his own party now, he might even get Dianne Abbott to defect, that takes him over the 6 required for funding and also relegates Reform another place down the list of parties by size.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

massively increase nursery school places.

They haven't done this, they've increased "free" childcare hours at a rate vastly below what any nursery actually charges, and good luck to you if you're in an area that didn't already have plenty of nurseries with free spaces.

It's a policy that sounds great, until you try to use it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

its his choice to suspend them for a policy that in theory effects the poorest in society.  Something labour is known to be against.

I'm afraid to say that this iteration of the 'Labour party' is anything but.  

Helping the poorest in society is not its primary function. 

Fiscal prudence seems to be the driving force. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Chindie said:

Yep.  More competence. Less corruption.  But the same general direction. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jon said:

Yep.  More competence. Less corruption.  But the same general direction. 

As they're taking the same general direction we can expect the NHS strikes to continue with no Government intervention, continuing the chaos in our NHS. Continue to treat Assylum seekers like criminals, continue to prop up their mates in the Oil and Gas industry at the expense of doing their bit to save the planet, continue to ensure there is a serious housing shortage to ensure their property owning mates see their property investments rise at multiples of general inflation.

In short, they're exactly the same at Tories. 

Seems like both sides were looking for a fight with that rebellion, and can only assume both sides are happy enough with the outcome.

Starmer was never going to go back on an election pledge less than three weeks after taking power, even if he wanted to. Can’t claim the situation has changed that quickly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jon said:

I'm afraid to say that this iteration of the 'Labour party' is anything but.  

Helping the poorest in society is not its primary function. 

Fiscal prudence seems to be the driving force. 

Hard to argue that so far. Its still early days but actions like this isnt exactly screaming i want to help the poorest 

54 minutes ago, sidcow said:

As they're taking the same general direction we can expect the NHS strikes to continue with no Government intervention, continuing the chaos in our NHS. Continue to treat Assylum seekers like criminals, continue to prop up their mates in the Oil and Gas industry at the expense of doing their bit to save the planet, continue to ensure there is a serious housing shortage to ensure their property owning mates see their property investments rise at multiples of general inflation.

In short, they're exactly the same at Tories. 

To be fair @Jon point was about helping the poorest in society not the subjects you are referring to.

we cant even judge those yet as they haven't done anything yet as its been a few weeks 😁

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Hard to argue that so far. Its still early days but actions like this isnt exactly screaming i want to help the poorest 

THEYVE......GOT.........NO.......MONEY. 

Why is this so hard? Funding stuff you can't afford us Trussonomics.

They set out their stall. This was never part of it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â