The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

14 hours ago, bickster said:

The pair of them are automatons

Rayner is the opposite of that. I’ve heard a couple or more of long form interviews she’s done over the years, and she’s very human, funny, indiscreet, smart…etc. I didn’t really follow the election coverage, but maybe she just followed the Starmer plan of “don’t do or say anything the media will jump on” so people don’t really know what she’s like?

• Like 2

I wish I could believe that a COVID corruption investigation would do anything besides make some lawyers some money. 

At best you might see some low level nobody who reached too deep in the cookie jar getting a brief stay at his majesty's pleasure. Nothing else.

• Like 1

On 21/07/2024 at 17:48, sidcow said:

Are you confusing her with Angela Rayner? Everytime I hear or see her I want to throw myself onto a hand grenade. 

Same. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I can definitely get behind this. 

I think we all can. But i cant see how they will do this. If she recovers that much id be shocked.

Labour would get my vote if they managed to retrieve it.

On 22/07/2024 at 08:51, blandy said:

Rayner is the opposite of that. I’ve heard a couple or more of long form interviews she’s done over the years, and she’s very human, funny, indiscreet, smart…etc. I didn’t really follow the election coverage, but maybe she just followed the Starmer plan of “don’t do or say anything the media will jump on” so people don’t really know what she’s like?

Yeah, with you here - personally think Rayner is excellent.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

But I was constantly told both parties are just as bad as each other.

Remember this when the bloated tired new new Labour gets chucked out in a decade or so and we discover their hands had been in the cookie jar and they'd feathered their nest too.

26 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well, it's not a good start, Keir

Was it a three line whip?

Edited by Davkaus

Is that normal behaviour to suspend MPs from your own party if they vote against your notion?

Seems abit extreme if it isnt ? People should be able to vote how they choose. You are basically saying vote how i want you too or you are out. Stunned so many labour mps voted for a very "tory" policy

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Is that normal behaviour to suspend MPs from your own party if they vote against your notion?

Seems abit extreme if it isnt ? People should be able to vote how they choose. You are basically saying vote how i want you too or you are out. Stunned so many labour mps voted for a very "tory" policy

Parties expect their representatives to vote on party lines. Votes usually have a severity of need to follow party lines - it's generally expected you will support the party position but depending on the importance they may allow some dissent or for members to cure with their conscience. A three line whip vote tends to mean a vote where members absolutely cannot dissent and doing so is severe disciplinary matter and can mean a lay might withdraw the whip from them. We don't know if this was a three line whip vote. 

This is one of the reasons that party democracy is flawed. Parties do things that are good for the party, or act in manners where the party's position/appearance is more important than anything else. 

This is why political parties suck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Parties expect their representatives to vote on party lines. Votes usually have a severity of need to follow party lines - it's generally expected you will support the party position but depending on the importance they may allow some dissent or for members to cure with their conscience. A three line whip vote tends to mean a vote where members absolutely cannot dissent and doing so is severe disciplinary matter and can mean a lay might withdraw the whip from them. We don't know if this was a three line whip vote. 

This is one of the reasons that party democracy is flawed. Parties do things that are good for the party, or act in manners where the party's position/appearance is more important than anything else. 

This is why political parties suck.

This is the thing this is a very controversial policy and you can understand those who are opposed to it. Labour won the vote comfortably as expected with their majority but i dont mamy tories would have voted against their own policy either.

I think if Starmer' had the choice not to suspend them he shouldnt have. Its his 1st real test and he has failed miserably on that if its his choice to suspend them for a policy that in theory effects the poorest in society.  Something labour is known to be against.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This is the thing this is a very controversial policy and you can understand those who are opposed to it. Labour won the vote comfortably as expected with their majority but i dont mamy tories would have voted against their own policy either.

I think if Starmer' had the choice not to suspend them he shouldnt have. Its his 1st real test and he has failed miserably on that if its his choice to suspend them for a policy that in theory effects the poorest in society.  Something labour is known to be against.

Starmer won't be upset, and his acolytes will be delighted. It's about what it looks like. It keeps up the fiscal conservative signals Labour is desperate for, it shows party discipline as a strong man, and it gets to shove it to some lefties. Job done.

27th April Torsten Bell thinks the cap is immoral.

23rd July Torsten Bell votes to retain what he told us was immoral

if I lived in Swansea, I could have wish voted for a liar parachuted in from central casting

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

27th April Torsten Bell thinks the cap is immoral.

23rd July Torsten Bell votes to retain what he told us was immoral

if I lived in Swansea, I could have wish voted for a liar parachuted in from central casting

The British public overwhelmingly voted for change. 

:crylaugh:

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â