The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, bobzy said:

It's not so much people coming over to work etc, it's the bit he said below in bold:

You can't just lock people into work.

If their circumstances change?  Tough shit, you're here working for <x> years.  Want to get a better job?  Tough shit, you're a nurse for <x> years.

Let alone being able to return home because of a whole variety of reasons.

Hold on so are you willing to pay for people to come here not work, use our NHS, take a home and contribute nothing to our country if they are fit to work?

Im saying- we give them a opportunity to build a life. Train them to add value in a sector where we have shortages eg dentistry, nursing, teaching etc which benefits not just us but benefits them.

Im not sure as you seem to be implying non uk residents can just come here and not work and its ok? (And im talking about the people who can actually work not people are are disabled or have health issues)

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Nobody is saying it shouldn't be done sensibly. 

But you are equating taking in asylum seekers with adding pressure to the NHS and housing etc. You are automatically assuming they're a problem. They're not

You're a tory dream to be honest

A Tory dream **** sake stevo thats so sad and pathetic 

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Hold on. @Demitri_C’s post said “if they are interested”. So what’s wrong with giving people the chance of a useful job, which they want to do? Particularly when the alternative is sitting in a room all day unable to do anything that could make their life have some meaning and satisfaction?

That's exactly what i was saying thank you. At least someone understands what i meant.

2 hours ago, Danwichmann said:

But that's with immigrants, not asylum seekers which is what I believe was suggested. 

Im suggesting it should be for all just for the record

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hold on so are you willing to pay for people to come here not work, use our NHS, take a home and contribute nothing to our country if they are fit to work?

Im saying- we give them a opportunity to build a life. Train them to add value in a sector where we have shortages eg dentistry, nursing, teaching etc which benefits not just us but benefits them.

Im not sure as you seem to be implying non uk residents can just come here and not work and its ok? (And im talking about the people who can actually work not people are are disabled or have health issues)

That is the current system set up the Tories for asylum seekers. Don't allow them to work or contribute, pay them (albeit only £40 a week), give them a place to live (a hotel or on a barge) and of course they need access to healthcare while waiting years for claims to be processed. Investing in processing their claims would allow them to start working, building lives and contributing more quickly but it's the system set up by the Tories that is preventing that. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

That is the current system set up the Tories for asylum seekers. Don't allow them to work or contribute, pay them (albeit only £40 a week), give them a place to live (a hotel or on a barge) and of course they need access to healthcare while waiting years for claims to be processed. Investing in processing their claims would allow them to start working, building lives and contributing more quickly but it's the system set up by the Tories that is preventing that. 

Thats exactly what im against so not sure why im being called a "torys dream"

Its a very poor system and a complete failure

I have alot of them in a hotel round the corner from me ive spoken to afew of them from Afghanistan they just want to work they happy to do anything. Its a shambles at how long its taken

Edited by Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im suggesting it should be for all just for the record

Asylum seeks can and should only be assessed on whether the have a valid claim for asylum. Their skills or fitness to work are irrelevant to that. Once their claims are processed, for those allowed to stay you can begin training them and helping them integrate and therefore contributing, but if you are using their ability to work as a basis for a decision on whether or not to grant asylum, you are not understanding what asylum is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

Asylum seeks can and should only be assessed on whether the have a valid claim for asylum. Their skills or fitness to work are irrelevant to that. Once their claims are processed, for those allowed to stay you can begin training them and helping them integrate and therefore contributing, but if you are using their ability to work as a basis for a decision on whether or not to grant asylum, you are not understanding what asylum is. 

Yeah i need to do abit more reading it seems 📚 

To summarise those that can stay - thats how i think we can add value to us and them. But i stand by original point we do need to be careful how many come in. If you want a quality NHS, enough housing schools etc unless you are planning to build more of those the system cant take much more. 

Sadly we're just on catchup.

There's likely to be millions (perhaps billions) looking to migrate to temperate zones from countries that suffer from new extremes of weather.

Throw a couple of conflicts in there?

We're decades behind where we needed to be.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Xann said:

Sadly we're just on catchup.

There's likely to be millions (perhaps billions) looking to migrate to temperate zones from countries that suffer from new extremes of weather.

Throw a couple of conflicts in there?

We're decades behind where we needed to be.

Nah, the Balkans will kick off big style before any of that happens

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why? The tories have spent years convincing people that the reason the NHS is suffering and they can't afford a house is down to asylum seekers and immigrants and not their pathetic excuse for governing the country

You've shown that you've fallen for that hook line and sinker. immigration is not the problem, and Asylum seekers CERTAINLY aren't the problem

Edited by Stevo985

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Nah, the Balkans will kick off big style before any of that happens

Which horse to come in first? It's so exciting.

media-2875261800.jpg.86642fc5ba7b100cc58e9bc481371c6b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My mate who voted Labour who secretly may have voted Reform sent me a video of Farage and one of his Reform mates on about Turkish barbers popping up in market towns. Rugeley seems to have changed in what seems like a blink of an eye . More Eastern Europeans, Asians and more black people. Amazon probably started the trend , although that’s closed now. Regarding Turkish barbers there must be 8/9 in rugeley now and apart from 2/3 well established ones the rest are very quiet in terms of custom . Cash only in a lot of them . Rumours suggesting money laundering and organised crime . I do know that the Albanians are now operating the cocaine trade in town which isn’t good news at all. The town has massively changed.  Be interesting to see what town will be like in another 10 years. 

On the Murdochs - Here's James...

QUADRIVIUM INVESTS IN EVIDENCE-BASED SOLUTIONS TO SOME OF SOCIETY’S MOST URGENT CHALLENGES – WHERE THE DECISIONS WE MAKE TODAY HAVE MAJOR REPERCUSSIONS FOR OUR FUTURE WAY OF LIFE.

https://www.qdvm.org/#quadrivium

Only found this recently. In the dark as to whether it's a curve ball?

He's also on the board at Tesla. That raises skepticism. Sort of green, sort of loony?

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why? The tories have spent years convincing people that the reason the NHS is suffering and they can't afford a house is down to asylum seekers and immigrants and not their pathetic excuse for governing the country

You've shown that you've fallen for that hook line and sinker. immigration is not the problem, and Asylum seekers CERTAINLY aren't the problem

I didn’t see that from what he’s written. Lot of people being smug with their responses but seem to have not comprehend what was written. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

**** them. They're pissing into the wind over this issue. The cheapest form of electricity generation we have. 

It's happening and The Telegraph can publish as many bullshit stories they like (much like electric cars), their diminishing country gentry gammons can get as blustery and red faced with anger over it as much as they like.  The remaining 97% of the population and the health of the planet are going to reap the benefits. 

This issue has had me so angry for years now. I'm so happy they've jumped on it from Day 1.

I'd happily have one within sight of my house, I'd watch it spinning around for hours. 

Oh. And nothings changed. They're just the same as the Tories. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, blandy said:

It's part of the problem (and part of the solution) - I'm not being political here, or party political, but if there is equivalent to a city the size of Leeds 740K people net, coming here legally every year (and there was last year) then it means more demand for everything from schools to hospitals to housing to doctors and dentists and council services etc. Obviously we need people to do work, and we appear not to have resident people willing or able to fill all the vacancies, so we need people to come here. What's missing is any kind of grip on it, it's like it's too fast and too vast to manage. Once someone is allowed in, they can go where they like. If large numbers go to places already struggling with enough "places" in hospitals and schools etc then those places and the people that were already struggling, struggle more. But it takes years to plan and build the houses schools and roads to catch up with the new population. SO some schools have too few kids in some areas and others are swamped with eager new pupils, for example.

Yeah I meant immigration in itself isn’t the problem. We have a poor grip on it for sure and manage it poorly, and that is a problem

Edited by Stevo985

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I didn’t see that from what he’s written. Lot of people being smug with their responses but seem to have not comprehend what was written. 

That’s exactly how the conversation started

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â