The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Pretty much everywhere

Well, it's not on the Guardian, it's not on the Beeb, and the handful of places talking about her being banned from standing (The Times) were hours before the news broke that she had the whip back, so we will see

On 26/05/2024 at 12:56, Jareth said:

Roh Yakobi for The Wrekin sounds like a Star Wars spin off series

I'd bet it would be better than The Book of Bobba Fett and that Kenobi bollocks.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Well, it's not on the Guardian, it's not on the Beeb, and the handful of places talking about her being banned from standing (The Times) were hours before the news broke that she had the whip back, so we will see

It was literally on the BBC News on the radio seconds ago

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

To be fair Follyfoot thats tory bullshit. 

I dunno, it could just have easily come from the "Sir Keith Stürmer is just Margaret Thatcher with a quiff" types as the Brexit morons. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The economy was on the up in 1997. You could even argue that it was a result of the hard but mostly necessary decisions made. In the period before Major that allowed the economy to flourish again after the shit storm of 1979.and before basically Blair inherited an economy on the up that cannot be denied

That is true to be fair even though I hated Thatcher and some of her policies which we are suffering for now. Like the housing crisis. All I say is give Starmer a chance. They certainly won't be worse than what we hsve put up with  these last 14 years.  Never known as bigger joke of a party in government in my life time. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

And she’s now confirming that she’s been banned by Labour from standing

19 minutes ago, bickster said:

And she’s now confirming that she’s been banned by Labour from standing

Yup, looks like it was correct, I wasn't calling you a liar, all I was asking you for was where you'd seen it as there were multiple different stories coming out in different orders and I hadn't seen that one confirmed after the whip was restored

Posted (edited)

Give DA some time and she'll manage to do what she does best, fumble her way through some idiotics about her race being the utmost sufferer and how no one else comes close, and then she'll hopefully have the backbone to stand down from her eternal free salary position. She doesn't have the protection she used to have anymore, so she best be not writing any 'first drafts' for articles or speeches in the future. She's about as coherent in her arguments as the average drunk.

Edited by magnkarl

8 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Give DA some time and she'll manage to do what she does best, fumble her way through some idiotics about her race being the utmost sufferer and how no one else comes close, and then she'll hopefully have the backbone to stand down from her eternal free salary position. She doesn't have the protection she used to have anymore, so she best be not writing any 'first drafts' for articles or speeches in the future. She's about as coherent in her arguments as the average drunk.

Doesn't mean she should be prevented from standing. 

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Doesn't mean she should be prevented from standing. 

Personally I think someone who holds the views that Roma, Travellers and Jews doesn't face discrimination and racism, and experience more like what redheads face in regards to bullying shouldn't be a MP. But that's just me.

2 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Personally I think someone who holds the views that Roma, Travellers and Jews doesn't face discrimination and racism, and experience more like what redheads face in regards to bullying shouldn't be a MP. But that's just me.

I can't disagree with that sentiment, but the fallout from that article could have been handled a lot better. 

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

If it was a one off, I could find some wriggle room and think of the bigger picture, and make excuses about stress or a moment of unclear thinking following a mojito. But there is some form on the subject and I do suspect that is the reality of what she thinks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I think that our parliamentary system requires that people you don't like are allowed to stand for election. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I think that our parliamentary system requires that people you don't like are allowed to stand for election. 

She can stand for election, just not as a Labour MP. No one is barring her. She has to follow the rules of the party. Maybe her and catweazel can make their own party?

• Like 1

If the below is true then it would have been a much better way of handling things. In the grand scheme of things though it is a storm in a tea cup.

5 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

She can stand for election, just not as a Labour MP. No one is barring her. She has to follow the rules of the party. Maybe her and catweazel can make their own party?

She has followed the rules of the party, hence she now holds the Labour whip again.

14 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

You are correct, anyone can stand for election. You can't choose which party (if any) they represent.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

She has followed the rules of the party, hence she now holds the Labour whip again.

Labour racism rules

1. The Labour Party is an anti-racist party, committed to combating and campaigning against all forms of racism, including antisemitism and Islamophobia.

2. Labour will not tolerate racism in any form inside or outside the party. The Labour Party will ensure that the party is a welcoming home to members of all communities, with no place for any prejudice or discrimination based on race, ethnicity or religion.

3. The Labour Party welcomes all who share our aims and values, and encourages political debate and campaigns around the vital issues, policies and injustices of our time.

4. Any behaviour or use of language which targets or intimidates members of ethnic or religious communities, or incites racism, including antisemitism and Islamophobia, or undermines Labour’s ability to campaign against any form of racism, is unacceptable conduct within the Labour Party.

Has she?

Letter

It is true that many types of white people with points of difference, such as redheads, can experience this prejudice. But they are not all their lives subject to racism. In pre-civil rights America, Irish people, Jewish people and Travellers were not required to sit at the back of the bus. In apartheid South Africa, these groups were allowed to vote. And at the height of slavery, there were no white-seeming people manacled on the slave ships.

Edited by magnkarl

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â