The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He was attempting to mock me critiquing Labour's right wing leadership. He thinks the opposite.

Bit of a stretch to deem it right wing at this stage, you may well be proved correct over time but at the moment it’s just more right-leaning than it was previously, now considering under Corbyn it was probably about as left as could be, coming back toward the middle with a slightly more right wing approach isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

I don’t know how it’s done or if it even can ever realistically be achieved but I really wish we could move away from categorising everything in such binary terms, it just creates division and leaves little room for compromise.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bit of a stretch to deem it right wing at this stage, you may well be proved correct over time but at the moment it’s just more right-leaning than it was previously, now considering under Corbyn it was probably about as left as could be, coming back toward the middle with a slightly more right wing approach isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

I don’t know how it’s done or if it even can ever realistically be achieved but I really wish we could move away from categorising everything in such binary terms, it just creates division and leaves little room for compromise.

Get away with you. They're absolute Nazis 

• Haha 1

Various Labour safe-seaters standing down, which looks very deliberately timed (rather than doing it before the election was announced) to allow the leadership to parachute in candidates that they want to find a seat for, and therefore presumably people they want in Government. 

Return for Miliband? Balls? Umunna?

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

Various Labour safe-seaters standing down, which looks very deliberately timed (rather than doing it before the election was announced) to allow the leadership to parachute in candidates that they want to find a seat for, and therefore presumably people they want in Government. 

Return for Miliband? Balls? Umunna?

Isn't Balls quite comfortable on the sofa? Miliband is running Thunderbirds. No idea what Umunna is up to but how about a punt from right field - Anna Soubry? (I'm joking)

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

Isn't Balls quite comfortable on the sofa? Miliband is running Thunderbirds. No idea what Umunna is up to but how about a punt from right field - Anna Soubry? (I'm joking)

I imagine that he is, but there's "comfortable on the sofa in a Corbyn-led opposition" and "comfortable on the sofa in a Starmer-led government". You'd think that for someone who's been in politics as long as he has, the chance to have an easy ride straight to higher levels of Government would appeal.

On 24/05/2024 at 16:45, Davkaus said:

It's also been reported that they offered her the whip back if she went on an antisemitism course (anti anti-Semitism course, I think), and she refused

She really wants the whip back, but not enough to do anything

Now we know this isn't true I'd be interested to know who reported it and whether they had sources within the party feeding them the lie.

Shows how easily people believe lies that fit their perception of a person.

9 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Now we know this isn't true I'd be interested to know who reported it and whether they had sources within the party feeding them the lie.

Shows how easily people believe lies that fit their perception of a person.

It was reported here

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/diane-abbott-labour-whip-antisemitism-starmer-b2513315.html

Ms Abbott had the whip suspended last April after writing a letter suggesting Jewish people are not subjected to the same racism as some other minorities.

She immediately apologised and said the letter published in The Observer had been an “initial draft” sent by mistake.

According to sources, Ms Abbott was offered the opportunity to have the whip restored if she offered a “more fulsome” apology and took an antisemitism awareness course.

One said this led to her doing a “reverse ferret” after her initial apology, and said she would not apologise or undertake the requested training.

“And that is why this has been going on for 10 months and not 25 minutes,” a shadow minister told The Independent. Another MP on the left of the party added: “I don’t know why she didn’t just do it.”

Ms Abbott said “key aspects” of what The Independent was told were wrong, but did not offer any more detail: “I cannot disclose details of this process because, under Labour rules, that would be another disciplinary offence.”

Note that the article was published in mid March, so after she'd already apparently done the course.

If the facts are as represented in today's BBC article, it's a really stupid approach from Labour, if they wanted her out they should have resolved it in December, not kicked it into the long grass so it became a story during the election campaign. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

If the facts are as represented in today's BBC article, it's a really stupid approach from Labour, if they wanted her out they should have resolved it in December, not kicked it into the long grass so it became a story during the election campaign

Hmm not so sure.

Kier Starmer keeps saying that he's changed the Labour Party

You want proof that he's changed the Labour Party and that will be Labour not allowing Abbott to stand in the election, during the election.

Pisses off a small number of Urban lefties in constituencies with massive majorities. Proves the Labour Party has changed to the sceptics in the centre

Doing it now is absolutely a vote winner

2 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

No further action being taken regarding Rayner and her house sale. 

Damage is already done. I saw a number of tweets yesterday showing THAT picture of Starmer holding a bottle in his hand. And they still believe that one

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

Damage is already done. I saw a number of tweets yesterday showing THAT picture of Starmer holding a bottle in his hand. And they still believe that one

In fairness I don't think any damage has been done. It was a Daily Mail/Tory smear campaign, led by the MP James Daly,. Those who fall for this kind of bollocks coming from those directions aren't voting Labour anyway. 

• Like 4

He could be pictured dressed as Thatcher with his cock out on the steps of St Pauls cathedral, he'll still win the election. People are voting the Tories out, he's almost immaterial, he should be working a very quiet campaign - just let the nutters on the other side keep talking garbage to a nation that already hates them.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

People are voting the Tories out, he's almost immaterial, he should be working a very quiet campaign - just let the nutters on the other side keep talking garbage to a nation that already hates them.

This. This has always been the way he needed to go, with the one caveat that he does need to do a little more than "don't scare the horses" as the thing moves on - he does (IMO) now need to have maybe 3 or 4 headline "appeal" items that he can talk about - things that will stop people who think "Labour will win anyway, I'll not bother voting" from staying at home, but get them into the voting stations.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Things that will stop people who think "Labour will win anyway, I'll not bother voting" from staying at home, but get them into the voting stations.

Thankfully most of those people will be Tories. Oddly Mr Sunak seems to be coming up with three of four pieces of absolute nonsense to encourage them to stay at home.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â