The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Not sure I like that. She's one of the proper wrong 'uns. Feels like she should be joining Anderson's mob.

WTF are they doing letting her in?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

WTF are they doing letting her in?

Can they not just deselect her as a candidate when the time comes?

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Can they not just deselect her as a candidate when the time comes?

Well they'd already selected their candidate for Dover

1 minute ago, bickster said:

All very odd. 

She was suspended from Parliament for a day for trying to bring undue influence on the senior judges in charge of her husband's appeal

Kinda tells us a lot about Starmer's labour. She's more than welcome to ditch the tories, but Labour don't have to let her in with open arms. 

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I do find it amusing how Starmer and Labour seem to be getting more blame from some quarters for the situation in Gaza than Benjamin Netanyahu is.

Anyone apportioning more blame is clearly insane.  

But they are rightfully under fire for adopting a weasly position that seems to suggest complicity/ ambivalence. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

Apparently their original one is still the candidate for the next election. So Henry Zeffman says, anyway. 

11 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Apparently their original one is still the candidate for the next election. So Henry Zeffman says, anyway. 

Yep. Apparently she was always standing down at the next election so she’s just done it to give Rishi a bloody nose. Quite why Starmer has gone with it is baffling (other than the obvious optics). 

• Like 1

As much as I said elsewhere that the Left prefer the gesture over the reality, this may well be one of those times where the opposite is true. The upside of this particular move is far outweighed by the downside

The optics of this one are all wrong

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

The optics of this one are all wrong

I have absolutely no idea who she is and don’t think I have ever heard of her before today. I guess most people will be similarly unaware of her until today.  Perhaps those optics “Tory leaves and joins labour” following on from the election results is “the optics” for the vast majority of people, and that’s the extent of it?

Obviously from what people have posted, she’s a throbber, but if she’s not standing at the next election, then it’s just a short term sugar rush kind of thing.

• Like 1

Her letter of resignation is basically regret that Bozza did nothing wrong and Rishi stabbed him in the back, when the reality is basically the entire cabinet stabbed the  clown in the front.

I reckon Starmer would welcome in Braverman if she asked to join

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, blandy said:

I have absolutely no idea who she is and don’t think I have ever heard of her before today. I guess most people will be similarly unaware of her until today.  Perhaps those optics “Tory leaves and joins labour” following on from the election results is “the optics” for the vast majority of people, and that’s the extent of it?

You're probably right in terms of the wider public.

But she's pretty well known. She's the one who stepped in to the seat in Dover after her husband (the previous MP) was sent to prison for sexual assault and was then suspended from the Commons for trying to influence the judge in the trial. Then after the conviction blamed his victims. 

It's not going to be something that sways the election. But bicks is right it's not that there are no benefits to having her under the Labour banner, but they're outweighed by the downsides. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

A bit of a PR stunt as she is standing down at the next election. A peerage must be in the post.

I can't think of many MP's defecting to then have much of a career. The only one I can think of is Shaun Woodward who went Tory to Labour who ended up as secretary of northern Ireland for a bit.

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

A bit of a PR stunt as she is standing down at the next election. A peerage must be in the post.

There were peerages going? Nadine is going to lose her shit

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â