The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Which constituency does he represent?

See also Andy Burnham

A matter of time no? I think both Burnham and Khan were very smart in their career choices - both have a platform to show their leadership and both quite remarkably given where they started - look like left wing nutters compared to Starmer.

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

A matter of time no? I think both Burnham and Khan were very smart in their career choices - both have a platform to show their leadership and both quite remarkably given where they started - look like left wing nutters compared to Starmer.

If you expect either of those two to be contenders for the next Labour leadership election then it won't be happening any time this side of 2031

And in all likelihood that goes for any candidate, which is why the question you seem to want an answer to is quite strange

Just now, bickster said:

If you expect either of those two to be contenders for the next Labour leadership election then it won't be happening any time this side of 2031

And in all likelihood that goes for any candidate, which is why the question you seem to want an answer to is quite strange

Talking of questions - Who do you think is next after Starmer?

10 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Talking of questions - Who do you think is next after Starmer?

It's like asking which horse is going to win the Grand National in 2035. Stop asking me the same stupid question

22 hours ago, Thug said:

Could backfire though.

Leaving the conservatives in charge.

Don't see it personally. It's not like the muslim vote is ever going to go to the conservatives because of Israel. The Tories are ten times more supportive of Israel than Labour is. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jareth said:

New Labour. Starmer's a mug if he thinks he has any mandate, they will select a more charismatic option - but who the freak is that?

We've had charisma with Cameron, Blair and Johnson, did it work out?

I for one would much rather have a PM who works hard and has at least a modicum of life and work experience, rather than a career-politician who's never been outside of Eton and London's wildly elitist circles. I'm sure there are better candidates than Starmer, but he's essentially going to deliver Labour a majority which gives them more free reigns to do what they want than anyone in 30 years.

21 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

So you keep saying, but still seem to be very short on the detail of how or why.

Thanks for teeing this up! Mandleson and Blair, who Starmer admits he talks to every day - will keep him there until he is a hinderance. That is not now, but it will be as soon as the Tories get their crap together. Who comes next will be fascinating - Wes Streeting is probably their man, let's face it those dinosaurs are not putting a woman let alone Rayner in.  

19 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

I for one would much rather have a PM who works hard and has at least a modicum of life and work experience, rather than a career-politician who's never been outside of Eton and London's wildly elitist circles.

Sir Starmer is North London through and through!

40 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Sir Starmer is North London through and through!

Last I checked Oxted is in Surrey, not North London, he took his bachelor in Leeds. He went to school in the chaviest town in Surrey, Reigate. 

I did also write that I think there are likely better candidates, but compared to what is the typical 'charismatic' politician he's not that much alike. He took his master's at Oxford based on previous good grades, rather than his parents buying him into Eton.

Edited by magnkarl

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Thanks for teeing this up! Mandleson and Blair, who Starmer admits he talks to every day - will keep him there until he is a hinderance. That is not now, but it will be as soon as the Tories get their crap together. Who comes next will be fascinating - Wes Streeting is probably their man, let's face it those dinosaurs are not putting a woman let alone Rayner in.  

So why did this shadowy cabal of Mandelson and Blair let Ed Miliband beat his brother?

I can only presume they got Corbyn in as a huge joke on everyone

Or you know, maybe take the tin foil hat off

Just now, bickster said:

So why did this shadowy cabal of Mandelson and Blair let Ed Miliband beat his brother?

I can only presume they got Corbyn in as a huge joke on everyone

Or you know, maybe take the tin foil hat off

You know exactly what the rules were for electing a leader the last decade. They will never revert to that again. 

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

You know exactly what the rules were for electing a leader the last decade. They will never revert to that again. 

I'm really not that bothered how the Labour Party elect their leader, it's up to them. I presume the rule changes were made in a democratic fashion at the party conference?

Were Mandelson and Blair spotted stuffing the ballot boxes at conference?

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm really not that bothered how the Labour Party elect their leader, it's up to them. I presume the rule changes were made in a democratic fashion at the party conference?

Were Mandelson and Blair spotted stuffing the ballot boxes at conference?

Didn’t need to, the guy who won said he’d do 10 things he has since reneged on. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Didn’t need to, the guy who won said he’d do 10 things he has since reneged on. 

It's like we're stuck in 2020, time is standing still and nothing has changed in the world

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â