The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

I joined the (sic) Labour Party on 13 September 2015. The reason: after years of doubt, I sensed the party might return to its roots as epitomised by Keir Hardy.

She based her joining of the party on the years 1906 to 1908. Very f***ing strange

• Like 1

Obviously polls come and go and there are loads of different factors that go into the figures that are spat out at the end. So take them all with a pinch of salt. But this was quite an eye-opening one I though -

If voting was restricted to ONLY people who get their news from The Sun, what would the General Election result be?

F7qSUe2WcAAqDVe?format=jpg&name=large

Labour majority of 96 seats.

Link to data

Every paper apart from the Mail has a Labour lead in voting intention, and even then only 40-38. Nine point Labour lead amongst readers of The Telegraph, eight points for The Express. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Obviously polls come and go and there are loads of different factors that go into the figures that are spat out at the end. So take them all with a pinch of salt. But this was quite an eye-opening one I though -

If voting was restricted to ONLY people who get their news from The Sun, what would the General Election result be?

F7qSUe2WcAAqDVe?format=jpg&name=large

Labour majority of 96 seats.

Link to data

Every paper apart from the Mail has a Labour lead in voting intention, and even then only 40-38. Nine point Labour lead amongst readers of The Telegraph, eight points for The Express. 

But i thought the sun was only read by right wing nuts?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But i thought the sun was only read by right wing nuts?

Nope, it's read by idiots with a reading age of 5

The Scum has been training them well over the years to spot a bunch of right tits. Seems like its paid off finally

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, bickster said:

The Scum has been training them well over the years to spot a bunch of right tits. Seems like its paid off finally

I dont want to turn this into a sun thread but im curious at how much of the uk reads that rag. Any data around?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont want to turn this into a sun thread but im curious at how much of the uk reads that rag. Any data around?

They don't report circulation figures anymore, but it was 1.2m copies per day in 2020.

They currently claim "8.7m readers daily across print and online".

Edited by ml1dch
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ml1dch said:

They don't report circulation figures anymore, but it was 1.2m copies per day in 2020.

They currently claim "8.7m readers daily across print and online".

Wow thats a lot considering 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow thats a lot considering 

Thanks

They didn't claim they were all UK resident, nor do they indicate how many of them are single click visits from external links etc. The figure is entirely meaningless

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

They didn't claim they were all UK resident, nor do they indicate how many of them are single click visits from external links etc. The figure is entirely meaningless

Surely the data is easier for thwm to report now as all you need to do is track the amount of people that come online now?

Physical copies i appreciate will be abit more difficult 

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Keep in mind that the figures are to look attractive to potential advertisers. So you can presume they are the top end of any reality.

I'm reminded of that Blues press release the other week about how 18 billion people or something very realistic had been reading their Tom Brady stories.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Surely the data is easier for thwm to report now as all you need to do is track the amount of people that come online now?

Physical copies i appreciate will be abit more difficult 

Due to browser pre-caching, it's meaningless.

7 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Labour win Rutherglen and Hamilton West by-election.

The win was nailed on, but the size of the swing was much more than expected. If the same swing happens at a General Election*, it would give Labour 45 seats, Tories 5, SNP 4 and Lib Dem 3.

As has been said in the SNP thread, if you've got widespread support but very thinly spread, it doesn't take a big move in popularity to wipe you out.

Big boost for them going into conference as well.

*it won't, but for arguments sake 

• Like 1

Labour are seeking to delay the court case over the anti-Semitism leak allegations until February 2025 at the earliest - conveniently right after the latest point we can expect to have had a general election.

I hope the judge laughs them out of court.

On 05/10/2023 at 14:10, bickster said:

I wonder whether The Sun might eventually flip to Labour to protect their record of backing then winners of a GE since the 70s.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â