The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He doesn't mean it.

He does in a way,  he will say anything to get into number 10 I suspect. 

Do he really believe the UK is better on the outside of the EU ? 

What he says will then tie him in knots if he gets there.

God knows who Starmer is - all that we know is that he will say what he has to say to get power. Did it to the Labour membership, doing it now with Brexit supporters. I honestly hope he is a force for good but who can be sure of that? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

I can definitely see this going down well.

I really think he’s lost his marbles on this issue. He’s literally pushing potentially millions of voters to default to the LibDems

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

I really think he’s lost his marbles on this issue. He’s literally pushing potentially millions of voters to default to the LibDems

"Are you still in favour of nationalisation of industry?"  

"A change in economic circumstances demands flexible, pragmatic solutions"

"Do you still think that private finance shouldn't be used in the provision of NHS care?"

"A change in economic circumstances demands flexible, pragmatic solutions"

"Do you still think we should continue crippling, self-imposed economic sanctions in our trade policy?"

"Yes, until the end of time"

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don’t think he’s lost his marbles, but big risk of being too clever by half. He clearly doesn’t believe any of this shite.

16 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I don’t think he’s lost his marbles, but big risk of being too clever by half. He clearly doesn’t believe any of this shite.

Who knows what he does believe? I see today he's also walked back on his pledge to eliminate privatisation in the NHS.

He believes in nothing but getting the keys to 10 Downing Street.

• Like 1

I’ve said it before, there are no big ideas beyond Brexit within the Westminster based parties.

Every party is a version of vote for me and I’ll tweek the current recipe.

Well guess what, a choice of three variants of shit sandwich doesn’t do it for me.

He needs to actually go strong on an actual conviction based idea.

Not point out that page 47 of the manifesto says we need more affordable housing. **** set up a ministry for homes that builds new modular homes and insulates the existing ones. We need the 2024 version of post war prefabs, **** get on it. 500,000 new council homes in a couple of years with no sell on for profit within 10 years. That will drop private rental costs. That will cause amateur landlords to drop out of the market. That will increase housing for sale. That extra supply to reduced demand will stop ridiculous price rises. A genuinely easy virtuous circle. The only people that will lose out will be people profiting from the shortage of homes. Well **** ‘em. 

Show some **** oomph.

• Like 3

In his Marr interview when challenged on the dropped pledges he referred Marr to what he had also said at the end of every hustings - that he was laser focused on winning elections whatever it takes - in other words he built a get-out clause into his pitch to the Labour membership, wholly and utterly intentional and designed to deceive. I do not trust this guy at all. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

that he was laser focused on winning elections whatever it takes

He has whatever principles will give him positive result in the polls. Genuinely turns my stomach.

Run everything by a focus group and we can have a government that backs Brexit, condemns strikes, continues privatisation in the NHS, ships more people to Rwanda than ever before, brings back the death penalty, and has a bloody nice red tie, to boot. 

How can anyone be enthusiastic to vote for this man's Labour party. Should be thrown out on his arse.

• Like 3

The last one wanted to change things but then it was alleged said change was to be lubricated with Jewish blood, and powered by noshing off Putin, and other such things, and therefore we needed an empty suit not looking to rock the boat.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The last one wanted to change things but then it was alleged said change was to be lubricated with Jewish blood, and powered by noshing off Putin, and other such things, and therefore we needed an empty suit not looking to rock the boat.

The last one had his faults but the right wing media backed by big businesses destroyed him as they knew he was a threat to them. Thats why we ended up with the mess we have now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, blandy said:

There are a ton of people who think Brexit was a mistake (including me). Most obviously remainers, but also people too young to vote at the time, some brexiters who've changed their minds and some don't knows who've seen the impact it has had.

On the flip side, there are a lot of people (whichever way they voted or didn't vote) who think reversing brexit so soon after we've left would be bad for multiple reasons - undemocratic reversal of a referendum vote only what? 3 years since we left. It would open up the whole massively divisive Brexit stuff all over again, when we really need to bury it. And because the tory version of Brexit isn't the only version. Over time a different version negotiated via various trading and other arrangements can take over.

I think he's right not to basically have "go back in ASAP" as any kind of policy - it'll play straight into the hands of the tories. SUre the LDs will pick up some Labour votes, but that's not necessarily a bad thing for getting rid of the Tories.

It's basically the least bad choice Labour could make, to rule out rejoining for the forseeable.

For me there is a huge open goal staring Labour (or the Lib Dems) in the face.

Brexit has been shit for the majority, it’s hasn’t delivered. It’s been a disaster for many many reasons.

Saying that, as you say, rejoining the EU is a non starter at this stage. I accept that as a remainer.

So the open goal, it’s right there staring them in the face. Three words

1. Free

2. Trade

3. Deal

It’s gotta be amazing for the economy. It’ll sorta out all the shit in Ireland. It keeps our control over immigration (well, as much as realistically possible). 

Because the UK is so amazingly special we can’t just join an existing scheme, we copy it, change the font and call it the UK deal.

Hurrah!!! We won against the EU! We have trading freedom and they don’t tell us what to do. Wave them flags!!!

So, why doesn’t Starmer announce, promise even, to get a super special free trade deal with the EU. That would surely seal his place in number 10 as it straddles team leave and remain.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

why doesn’t Starmer announce, promise even, to get a super special free trade deal with the EU.

My guess would be that right now, doing that while the news is full of tories squabbling, lying, resigning, promising utterly bonkers things would be completely insane. Timing matters.

I’d wager that in a years time that’s when that sort of line might start to be worth laying out. The country’s finances will be worse, everything will be worse, a Brexiteer novice Tory will be in charge, probably a proper Brexit throbber who will be massively unpopular by then. That’s when the timing is right as an election approaches from the horizon.

Do it now and all the tories unite to slag off a Starmer defying the will of the people…etc.and it’d take the lying, the parties, the inquiry into assault etc off the news.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tinker said:

The last one had his faults but the right wing media backed by big businesses destroyed him as they knew he was a threat to them. Thats why we ended up with the mess we have now. 

I keep seeing this but the truth is regardless of the media, the majority of people quite simply don't believe in his brand of politics.  You can blame the press all you like but he was speaking for and to a minority. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I keep seeing this but the truth is regardless of the media, the majority of people quite simply don't believe in his brand of politics.  You can blame the press all you like but he was speaking for and to a minority. 

Where are you drawing your conclusions on his politics from? The media portraid him as a weak man who pandered to terrorists, he helped  negotiate the good Friday agreement and was open to talking to all parties in an argument. Corbyn is a victim of lies, exaggerations and misrepresentations, hes 3 times the politician of any of the present bunch of morons we have on both sides of politics. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tinker said:

Where are you drawing your conclusions on his politics from? The media portraid him as a weak man who pandered to terrorists, he helped  negotiate the good Friday agreement and was open to talking to all parties in an argument. Corbyn is a victim of lies, exaggerations and misrepresentations, hes 3 times the politician of any of the present bunch of morons we have on both sides of politics. 

It’s kind of funny though how both the Corbyn fans and the Boris Johnson fans blame the media for bringing their guy down, not the character flaws of their guy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â