The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Risso said:

You have to be kidding, have you seen that idiot representing the rail workers. "We want a guarantee of no compulsory redundancies." What business in the world can guarantee that? Not political, my arse.

I’ve been part of a few union negotiations, that’s been part of every one.

The thing is, because of politics and short term planning it often saves the management side money, or they end up sacking, paying redundancy and then employing as they can’t recruit as they’ve proven themselves to be shitty employers.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Train drivers going on strike over pay. Not sure they'll get the same level of public support to be honest. Be interesting to see what Labour has to say about it.

Yay fantastic 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Train drivers going on strike over pay. Not sure they'll get the same level of public support to be honest. Be interesting to see what Labour has to say about it.

Absolutely nothing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Unforgivable if it does

Unforgivable, really? A month or so ago, it was disgraceful for operations to be cancelled, and you wanted strikes with less severe consequences. Now you're begrudging strikes interrupting a glorified sports day?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Only politicians are allowed to strike.

Strangely, they also have an independent panel to make sure they get regular pay rises.

I guess if you don’t have that sort of special treatment, then you have to risk inconveniencing people.

Keir Starmer's strategists have been impressed with how "Get Brexit Done" became a memorable political slogan that summed up Boris Johnson's election campaign.

The search for something as resonant for Labour hasn't quite succeeded.

Plenty of ideas have been kicked around, with one former frontbencher channelling Bill Clinton's adviser James Carville by saying Labour must focus on "the economy, stupid".

Slogans such as "Go for growth" have been bandied around behind the scenes.

But today, a rather longer formulation was settled upon: "Rebooting our economy; Revitalising our public services; and Re-energising our communities".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62125015

Oh the cut-through!

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Risso said:

You have to be kidding, have you seen that idiot representing the rail workers. "We want a guarantee of no compulsory redundancies." What business in the world can guarantee that? Not political, my arse.

Literally the first person I’ve encountered anywhere that hasn’t been impressed by Lynch

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Literally the first person I’ve encountered anywhere that hasn’t been impressed by Lynch

Not true ;)

He's a Trotskyite Cultist. They are the political equivalent of Jehovas Witnesses. Bore you to death until you give in and constribute 5% of your income to them every month and as long as you keep giving they'll be your friends. They might even have sex with you without asking first

You wouldn't like them if you tried to leave the cult though, it doesn't matter if you can't afford it, the revolution must always come first.

Thats not my opinion of Mick Lynch though, just the Political Party he recruits for. This really isn't the topic to talk about him though, this is the Labour Party topic

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Keir Starmer's strategists have been impressed with how "Get Brexit Done" became a memorable political slogan that summed up Boris Johnson's election campaign.

The search for something as resonant for Labour hasn't quite succeeded.

Plenty of ideas have been kicked around, with one former frontbencher channelling Bill Clinton's adviser James Carville by saying Labour must focus on "the economy, stupid".

Slogans such as "Go for growth" have been bandied around behind the scenes.

But today, a rather longer formulation was settled upon: "Rebooting our economy; Revitalising our public services; and Re-energising our communities".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62125015

Oh the cut-through!

‘Everything you like about the tories, but hopefully, less sex scandals’

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not true ;)

He's a Trotskyite Cultist. They are the political equivalent of Jehovas Witnesses. Bore you to death until you give in and constribute 5% of your income to them every month and as long as you keep giving they'll be your friends. They might even have sex with you without asking first

You wouldn't like them if you tried to leave the cult though, it doesn't matter if you can't afford it, the revolution must always come first.

Thats not my opinion of Mick Lynch though, just the Political Party he recruits for. This really isn't the topic to talk about him though, this is the Labour Party topic

Not really got any idea what any of this means 😂

I just mean that everyone I’ve seen or met have been impressed by how he’s come across in interviews and on tv regarding the strikes. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Unforgivable, really? A month or so ago, it was disgraceful for operations to be cancelled, and you wanted strikes with less severe consequences. Now you're begrudging strikes interrupting a glorified sports day?

It is a disgrace if it effects the commonwealth games which is in birmingham by the way. Your all in favour for the strikes then clearly which isnt suprising as your in favour of any strike it seems

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

What’s been impressive is his ability to respond with clarity and focus to a bunch of brain dead media interviewers with their preconceived media bubble takes on Unions and workers. He’s represented his members well on this. When Union leaders do that, they actually earn their money and do their job.

Other aspects to him are significantly less impressive.

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

It is a disgrace if it effects the commonwealth games which is in birmingham by the way. Your all in favour for the strikes then clearly which isnt suprising as your in favour of any strike it seems

To be honest, I have no idea why they're striking or what their arguments are. I'm broadly in favour of the rights of workers to withdraw their labour. It's the only bargaining chip they have.

Last time, you were asked repeatedly what an appropriate protest would be, as you were so against the other rail workers striking. You were clear that impacting healthcare patients was unacceptable, but we disagreed and I accepted your view. Now you think interrupting a sporting event is "unforgivable", so I ask you again, what's an acceptable form of striking?

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Not really got any idea what any of this means 😂

I just mean that everyone I’ve seen or met have been impressed by how he’s come across in interviews and on tv regarding the strikes. 

He's Stalin with good PR, send you to Siberia soon as look at you, desperate to dismantle the normal state of things to ensure he and his have real butter while you'll be thankful to have a dry slice of bread and a glass of your own tears. The only thing he likes more than the blood of the capitalist ground under his own boots is piling the bodies of treacherous Leninist fools.

Or something.

Edited by Chindie

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

To be honest, I have no idea why they're striking or what their arguments are. I'm broadly in favour of the rights of workers to withdraw their labour. It's the only bargaining chip they have.

Last time, you were asked repeatedly what an appropriate protest would be, as you were so against the other rail workers striking. You were clear that impacting healthcare patients was unacceptable, but we disagreed and I accepted your view. Now you think interrupting a sporting event is "unforgivable", so I ask you again, what's an acceptable form of striking?

Ive answered this before, a balance between not bringing the country to its knees, in terms of ops getting cancelled (in a nhs sense) and not impacting things like a major event that have known about. Just to be clear - they havent confirmed it will actually be during the games. Im saying if it was. Brums been waiting fir this games a while so it would be very very lame id they chose this period ro do it.

From what i have read this strikes predominantly about pay not like the previous one which had more justified reasons as it involved working conditions so that waa abut more understandable

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â