The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm confused by the idea that 'a vision for Britain' 'writes itself'?

Pretty much everything that has happened under the Tories - reversed, and then even further 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Pretty much everything that has happened under the Tories - reversed, and then even further 

That's not really a 'vision for Britain', though, not to mention that it's clearly impossible in a lot of areas, Brexit being just the first that springs to mind.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's not really a 'vision for Britain', though, not to mention that it's clearly impossible in a lot of areas, Brexit being just the first that springs to mind.

Could bring back free school milk though

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Reduce or scrap student debt.

Re establish a NHS dental service.

Improve social care.

Everyone in school leaves school with a basic ability in a second language.

State and local home building schemes to higher than minimum standard without a right to buy.

Invest in UK developed and manufactured insulation and renewable energy schemes.

Build some infrastructure that doesn’t physically connect to London.

Let towns vote on whether towns would want a nuclear power station. Including London.

(edit: that was literally off the top of my head, obviously I’d need 3 years of focus groups to make sure it doesn’t upset red wall blue wall Waitrose floating voter demographic bollocks rather than have the courage of my own convictions and actually sell an idea to people)

It’s genuinely **** simple and it depresses me immensely that the Labour Party appear scared of standing for anything specific. That Starmer has come out and said strikes shouldn’t inconvenience people. I mean, **** hell man, what are you for? What is your function?  

You'd get my vote, Chris. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Improve social care.

State and local home building schemes to higher than minimum standard without a right to buy.

Invest in UK developed and manufactured insulation and renewable energy schemes.

Let towns vote on whether towns would want a nuclear power station. Including London.

(edit: that was literally off the top of my head, obviously I’d need 3 years of focus groups to make sure it doesn’t upset red wall blue wall Waitrose floating voter demographic bollocks rather than have the courage of my own convictions and actually sell an idea to people)

It’s genuinely **** simple and it depresses me immensely that the Labour Party appear scared of standing for anything specific. That Starmer has come out and said strikes shouldn’t inconvenience people. I mean, **** hell man, what are you for? What is your function?  

Probably because they cant deliver, otherwise i agree with you

Improve social care.

Where do I put my X?

Improve social care.

Most of that is very good but Electoral Reform needs to be at the very top of the list or the cycle of do and undo every decade or so will just continue

• Like 4

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Thanks as my phone wouldnt let me post the article. Wasnt johnson found to have broken these same rules?

I guess that until we know what rules are supposed to have been broken, we don't know.

Servicing Boris and Sunak's debt.

That's what's in store for the next administration.

Because too many of the electorate voted for the robbery and the getaway, or didn't vote at all.

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

I guess that until we know what rules are supposed to have been broken, we don't know.

There's not one single entry in his register of Interests that shows as being registered late. It normally does, I looked up Jess Phillips register last week and that has quite a few marked as registered late

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

The danger here is if he has broken rules the same as johnson people will just say the labour party is as bad as conservatives 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The danger here is if he has broken rules the same as johnson people will just say the labour party is as bad as conservatives 

Isn't this what you say?

• Like 2

On 12/06/2022 at 21:46, chrisp65 said:

Improve social care.

https://labour.org.uk/members/campaignresources/campaignmaterials/economy/

• Invest £30bn to support the creation of 400k new jobs in the industries of the future—including electric cars
  • A ‘Jobs Promise’ to get young people into work, training or education and end long-term unemployment. Retraining for workers to help build a green economy
  • A new Clean Air Act to tackle local polluted roads and playgrounds
  • New British Recovery Bonds for savers to invest in green infrastructure and rebuilding the country
  • New flood defences for local communities hit by climate change.
  • A local veto to stop the Conservatives selling off our town centres to property developers
  • Empower councils to fill empty shops with new businesses
  • A level playing field for high street businesses and online rivals
  • Restore the appearance of our high streets through a Fightback Fund
  • Protect family finances so there is money in customers’ pockets
  • Oppose the Government’s tax rises on families in the middle of an economic crisis
  • No pay freeze for our key worker heroes and a real living wage for all of at least £10 an hour
  • Stop cuts to Universal Credit and build a fairer social security system
  • Invest in council housing and tackling the cladding scandal
  • Responsibly manage the public finances, supporting business and families to grow the economy, investing wisely for the future and ending Conservative waste and cronyism.

1 hour ago, blandy said:

https://labour.org.uk/members/campaignresources/campaignmaterials/economy/

• Invest £30bn to support the creation of 400k new jobs in the industries of the future—including electric cars
  • A ‘Jobs Promise’ to get young people into work, training or education and end long-term unemployment. Retraining for workers to help build a green economy
  • A new Clean Air Act to tackle local polluted roads and playgrounds
  • New British Recovery Bonds for savers to invest in green infrastructure and rebuilding the country
  • New flood defences for local communities hit by climate change.
  • A local veto to stop the Conservatives selling off our town centres to property developers
  • Empower councils to fill empty shops with new businesses
  • A level playing field for high street businesses and online rivals
  • Restore the appearance of our high streets through a Fightback Fund
  • Protect family finances so there is money in customers’ pockets
  • Oppose the Government’s tax rises on families in the middle of an economic crisis
  • No pay freeze for our key worker heroes and a real living wage for all of at least £10 an hour
  • Stop cuts to Universal Credit and build a fairer social security system
  • Invest in council housing and tackling the cladding scandal
  • Responsibly manage the public finances, supporting business and families to grow the economy, investing wisely for the future and ending Conservative waste and cronyism.

Problem here is where is money coming from? There has to be tax rises somewhere

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â