The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

30 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The lesson for Starmer is that cosying up the right wing press is a waste of time - they'll still stab him in the back at the first possible opportunity.

No, definitely not the lesson I take. The RWP will indeed stab him, but they will do so whether he "cosies up" to them or not.

If he only ever talked to Labour supporters, how's he going to persuade people to stop voting Tory and vote Labour instead? Which is what needs to happen.

12 minutes ago, blandy said:

No, definitely not the lesson I take. The RWP will indeed stab him, but they will do so whether he "cosies up" to them or not.

If he only ever talked to Labour supporters, how's he going to persuade people to stop voting Tory and vote Labour instead? Which is what needs to happen.

I used to struggle with this so I see where OBE is coming from. I agree with you though. Starmer doesn't need to get the right wings rags to support him. He needs to communicate via them in the hope he can get some of their readership to stick an x next to a Labour candidate. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He needs to communicate via them in the hope he can get some of their readership to stick an x next to a Labour candidate

Yes. There are people who buy papers or look at their internets for the sport or whatever, who don't vote Tory and who don't massively follow bolitics, but will or may read something if he's written it in that paper/website. Particularly if they're feeling unimpressed with e.g. the cost of living, or lying or whatever.

I totally get Scott's perspective and the emotion, but ultimately practicality has to play a part.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Imagine both resigned and we get an election of rayner vs sunak

And if Johnson goes, so must Sunak. Rumour has it he was actually going to resign when he dot his fine but was persuaded not to

Put your money on Nandy vs Truss ;)

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

And if Johnson goes, so must Sunak. Rumour has it he was actually going to resign when he dot his fine but was persuaded not to

The moment somebody says Truss I arrive. It’s a sign. 

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Rayner has said she will resign as well if Starmer does.

Oh really didnt know that. They must be confident or been told behind scenes that they wont be charged

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Ergh that would even worse..how depressing 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ergh that would even worse..how depressing 

I quite like Nandy right now, she's grown on me a lot since the last leadership election

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

I quite like Nandy right now, she's grown on me a lot since the last leadership election

Her HoC response to Gove’s levelling up announcement was a bit of an eye opener for me. Admittedly he had provided some great material for her to work with, with all that Jericho stuff he included. But I thought it was a side to her I hadn’t seen before, a bit more ruthless.

• Like 1

News at ten (bbc) tonight seemed to be suggesting that Starmer has royally effed up here. I’d presumed that Chris Mason taking over from LK (🥰) might mean a more balanced view but it appears not.

I’m too naïve, aren’t I? 

I read something like this on twitter yesterday (can't find the tweet now):

"If you believe that Starmer resigning as a result of this is going to cause Johnson to follow suit, then I have a bridge to Ireland to sell to you."

That pretty much sums up my opinion on all this.

8 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I read something like this on twitter yesterday (can't find the tweet now):

"If you believe that Starmer resigning as a result of this is going to cause Johnson to follow suit, then I have a bridge to Ireland to sell to you."

That pretty much sums up my opinion on all this.

Right now, Johnson resigning isn't in the interest of the parties that want the Tories out.

Everyone wanting him to resign and him not doing so is what is in their interest. 

• Like 2

I dont understand why labour want him to resign he is single handingly winning labour the next election. They should resist the calls for him to quit and let him stay until next election. As im sure there will be more scandals involving him next election.

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dont understand why labour want him to resign he is single handingly winning labour the next election. They should resist the calls for him to quit and let him stay until next election. As im sure there will be more scandals involving him next election.

They don’t want him to resign. They fully expect him to get away with not breaking the law. 

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

They don’t want him to resign. They fully expect him to get away with not breaking the law. 

He's talking about the other guy.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah sorry i was referring to bozo

My mistake - Sorry Dem.

I fully agree with you. I was pleased with the local election results as it wasn't so catastrophically bad that the knives would have been out for Johnson. The longer he's in power the less tenable they become. Much as it pains me to have him still in charge, the longer the better really. 

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â