The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Highgate and stamford hill are higher jewish areas in london but barnet is close for sure

No, they are not. 1 in 5 of Barnets population identify as Jewish. Second largest Jewish population is Hertsmere Council which has 1 in 9 residents identifying as Jewish

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Highgate and stamford hill are higher jewish areas in london but barnet is close for sure

The council ward of Barnet is the one with the highest Jewish demographic in the country. I think it's something like 20% of the population in the ward describing itself as Jewish, which is very high given how few Jewish people there are generally. I don't know what wards Highgate or Stamford Hill fall into, but its widely known that Barnet is 'the most Jewish' ward in the country.

Barnet going to Labour is a big thing. Not only because of the obvious anti-Semitism slur fallout of recent years, but also because generally Jewish people do not vote Labour. Jewish people typically more often vote Conservative than other demographics. Labour have won a ward where they would expect a significant chunk of about 20% of the ward is not going to vote for them. That's a pretty big deal.

40 minutes ago, bickster said:

No, they are not. 1 in 5 of Barnets population identify as Jewish. Second largest Jewish population is Hertsmere Council which has 1 in 9 residents identifying as Jewish

Click

Stamford Hill is an area in Inner London, England, about 5.5 miles north-east of Charing Cross. The neighbourhood is a sub-district of Hackney, the major component of the London Borough of Hackney, and is known for its Hasidic community, the largest concentration of Hasidic Jews in Europe.

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The council ward of Barnet is the one with the highest Jewish demographic in the country. I think it's something like 20% of the population in the ward describing itself as Jewish, which is very high given how few Jewish people there are generally. I don't know what wards Highgate or Stamford Hill fall into, but its widely known that Barnet is 'the most Jewish' ward in the country.

Barnet going to Labour is a big thing. Not only because of the obvious anti-Semitism slur fallout of recent years, but also because generally Jewish people do not vote Labour. Jewish people typically more often vote Conservative than other demographics. Labour have won a ward where they would expect a significant chunk of about 20% of the ward is not going to vote for them. That's a pretty big deal.

From that point of view i get your point. Not sure how many of you have been to barnet its actually a really nice area and bloody expensive to buy a house.  Im curious to see how the council does here with the big jewish population. As if they do what they did with  their neighbours enfield round there they will be voted out next election.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Click

Yes but Dem, Stamford Hill isn't a Council Area and Barnet is. 1 in 5 of Barnet's population identify as Jewish, not specifically Hasidic Jewish, just Jewish. Hackney as a council is not in the top 2 across the borough

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes but Dem, Stamford Hill isn't a Council Area and Barnet is. 1 in 5 of Barnet's population identify as Jewish, not specifically Hasidic Jewish, just Jewish. Hackney as a council is not in the top 2 across the borough

Oh ok i misunderstood the original point 🙃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

Coincidental timing of the police investigation 

Isn’t it just. But remember, there’s always a tweet.

Operation Reverse Ferret is now furiously underway. 

BB670298-2D04-4E77-833F-889D9FC9067F.png

the slight problem of hanging their hat on partygate rather than the handling of the crisis itself and all the other myriad absurdities that bewigged bollockbreath has gotten away with

19 minutes ago, Awol said:

Isn’t it just. But remember, there’s always a tweet.

Operation Reverse Ferret is now furiously underway. 

BB670298-2D04-4E77-833F-889D9FC9067F.png

I'm amazed that someone with Starmer's legal background would call for resignation purely on the grounds of an investigation, before an outcome, but well, he has.

He's shit the bed here. There is of course the distinction that they're not his laws and he's not the one who was explaining them to the nation.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Sky confirming BBC (🎣) on Labour doing bits in London, but nowhere else

Both Sky and the BBC are using the incorrect figures. So put the rod away and start actually examining the results. They are wrong

Labour/Starmer are still adamant no rules were broken and until the Police prove otherwise I am happy to believe them

I didn't give Johnson the benefit of any doubt/wait for Police to confirm as he is a serial lying bastard.

• Like 3

If and i don't know the outcome, but if he does end up in a fine he will be in a right pickle. Obviously Tories can't call for him to resign, but all of the media on him calling for Boris to go will be played over and over.

51 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm amazed that someone with Starmer's legal background would call for resignation purely on the grounds of an investigation, before an outcome, but well, he has.

He's shit the bed here. There is of course the distinction that they're not his laws and he's not the one who was explaining them to the nation.

FACT CHECK: He did, in fact, vote for these laws :crylaugh:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, colhint said:

If and i don't know the outcome, but if he does end up in a fine he will be in a right pickle. Obviously Tories can't call for him to resign, but all of the media on him calling for Boris to go will be played over and over.

If there is a fine, there are two outcomes I can see, either both sides agreeing to move on and forget about all of it, or the hilarity of Tories insisting that he must resign and Labour insisting it was an honest mistake and they didn't realise they were breaking the law. That'll be fun.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â