The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sigh.

Is this the government paying privately owned companies to reduce waiting times where the government is in control of the finances and it's just to bring down the waiting times until the new hospitals required are built and the required increase in staff numbers needed to staff the new facilities are trained and hired?

If it's a temporary measure as I describe, what is the issue with that? There is a huge backlog of cases, would you prefer to keep the backlog? Keep people dying needlessly whislt they wait for diagnosis and treatment?

I have no idea if it is that as I haven't read the article but due to years of Tory mismanagement and the pandemic something needs to be done to relieve the backlog and get waiting times down, we live in extrordinary times.

If this isn't health insurance by stealth (which it doesn't sound like) or a permanent situation that leads to money leaking out of the NHS forever to private companies, then it must have some merit given the current circumstances surely? Or are people supposed to die for political principals?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, bickster said:

I have no idea if it is that as I haven't read the article

Well, in the spirit of enquiry I did just read the article and the answer is . . . it doesn't say explicitly, just repeats the formulation 'using private providers to get waiting lists down' or paraphrases thereof. There's no detail about what the plan would actually involve.

But given Streeting's politics, and the direction of the party under Starmer, I see no conflict at all between assuming that both interpretations are right, i.e that they will pay private providers for capacity on an ad hoc basis to reduce waiting lists *and* open more and more of th NHS up to the market on a long-term basis.

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

You have some very strange bedfellows there Mr Stringer

FN4XJlyXsAEK75D?format=jpg&name=small

**** me that reeks of BNP. If I passed that in a shop window I would assume they were BNP. Which they are of course. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

**** me that reeks of BNP. If I passed that in a shop window I would assume they were BNP. Which they are of course. 

Well at least one of them might as well be KGB

• Like 1

I saw a interview with the Labour Transport (I think)spokesman.  From the current Labour people,  he seems quite normal and knows what he was on about.  I was quite impressed.

He sounds like a pragmatic politician who does not just exist to poke to opposition. 

I can't remember his name,  bloke with a beard ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/03/2022 at 23:20, bickster said:

Is this the government paying privately owned companies to reduce waiting times where the government is in control of the finances and it's just to bring down the waiting times until the new hospitals required are built and the required increase in staff numbers needed to staff the new facilities are trained and hired?

If it's a temporary measure as I describe, what is the issue with that? There is a huge backlog of cases, would you prefer to keep the backlog? Keep people dying needlessly whislt they wait for diagnosis and treatment?

I have no idea if it is that as I haven't read the article but due to years of Tory mismanagement and the pandemic something needs to be done to relieve the backlog and get waiting times down, we live in extrordinary times.

If this isn't health insurance by stealth (which it doesn't sound like) or a permanent situation that leads to money leaking out of the NHS forever to private companies, then it must have some merit given the current circumstances surely? Or are people supposed to die for political principals?

It wont be temporary it will slowly become permanent.  They already out source a load of services in my trust to the private hospitals. I think this will be a good way to reduce waiting lists but i think  it will be permanent 

Tory labour same shit

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tory labour same shit

How long have you worked for the NHS, Dem? absolutely blows my mind that someone who works in frontline healthcare can take this "they're all the same" view.

1646999655_artboard-1-copy-5-5x.png

Looks like something happened to lower waiting lists in 1997, and start sending them back up in about 2010. No idea what.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

How long have you worked for the NHS, Dem? absolutely blows my mind that someone who works in frontline healthcare can take this "they're all the same" view.

1646999655_artboard-1-copy-5-5x.png

Looks like something happened to lower waiting lists in 1997, and start sending them back up in about 2010. No idea what.

Yes but come on dav, there has been a pandemic you  cant ignore that massive factor

Edited by Demitri_C

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Yes but come on dav, there has been a pandemic you  cant ignore that massive factor

No, you can't. The spike in 2020/2021 was going to happen no matter who was in power (perhaps to varying degrees). Who was in power for the decade before that? Would you say things have got better or worse in your trust over the previous decade? 

Just now, Davkaus said:

No, you can't. The spike in 2020/2021 was going to happen no matter who was in power (perhaps to varying degrees). Who was in power for the decade before that? Would you say things have got better or worse in your trust over the previous decade? 

They are worse you won't hear we saying nhs is better. Its a complete mess.

Number of factors other than a absolute shambles of a government to include though dav

Expansion of the population,  less nhs doctors (alot are going private, some are doing nhs and private)

Biggest problem we had when i was booking tcis was capacity. There never was any. So you could have a theatre list of 8 patients but then you might get a clinic cancelled (this happens regularly these days even before covid) so then on top of moving those 8 patients with already low capacity slots you have all the other new referrals coming in where the hell do you put them.

Also remember RTT was started in 2012.

Im not defending these useless fools in government all im saying is i have little to now faith that laboir can fix it either

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I could be a dickhead.

If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing' at all. Red Rosehips:  Quote of the Week #5 | Life lessons, Canvas painting quotes, Say something  nice

You're right though, the big parties need thousands and thousands of these people, unless they're smearing excrement over their application form, I doubt it gets a second look.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

As it happens, I’m a very intelligent and balanced and generally cool guy. But they don’t know that. I could be a dickhead.

Um, I don’t know how to tell you this, but….maybe, um, you haven’t got the same perspective on things as, er, y’know, other folks…

😜

• Like 1

20 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

When you look at his twitter profile, he only joined Labour in 2019 and some of the stuff he’s tweeted before that was in support of Syria against the Israeli and US aggressors. He’s only got about 20 tweets on his timeline, it took me minutes to find that, yet Labour didn’t find it, or didn’t think it a big deal.

If someone joins any office I work in, everyone in there has gone four years back on their socials looking for gossip by lunchtime on their first day. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If someone joins any office I work in, everyone in there has gone four years back on their socials looking for gossip by lunchtime on their first day. 

I’ve filled in a form at my office that says I don’t have any social media.

I’ve also been asked to follow the office twitter account, but explained I don’t have a twitter.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â