The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This has the racist gammons slavering with delight. 

BBC

It has come up on my FB a couple of times with posts along the lines of why isn't this Labour sicko headline news yet they are picking on Bojo having a drink in his garden. 

This sick bastard deserves everything that is coming to him but he isn't leader of the country, left the Labour party in 2013 and hardly anyone will have heard of him. 

I see Kier Starmer has been criticising the Stop The War Coalition's stance on the Ukraine

[...]Starmer says Stop the War are “not benign voices for peace”.

“At best they are naive, at worst they actively give succour to authoritarian leaders who directly threaten democracies. There is nothing progressive in showing solidarity with the aggressor when our allies need our solidarity and – crucially – our practical assistance now more than ever.”

He said Putin’s regime would see Stop the War protesters in the UK as “virtue signallers” who were “providing a smokescreen so it can go on beating up and jailing those brave individuals that dare to stand up to its despotism on the streets of Russia”.

He accused the group of a “kneejerk reflex: ‘Britain, Canada, the United States, France – wrong; their enemies – right’.” [...]

Starmer said: “Nobody wants war. At first glance some on the left may be sympathetic to those siren voices who condemn Nato. But to condemn Nato is to condemn the guarantee of democracy and security it brings and which our allies in eastern and central Europe are relying on as the sabre-rattling from Moscow grows ever louder.”[...]

“Attlee, Healey and Bevin saw communism for what it was and were prepared to stand up to its aggression,” he said. “Today’s Labour party has the same clear-eyed view of the current regime in the Kremlin.

“We know, as they did, that bullies only respect strength. Russian tanks sit, engines revving, on the verge of annexing Ukraine but protest placards waved here by the usual suspects condemn Nato not Moscow.”

Guardian

Now, of course it all depends on your opinion of the history of the current conflict in Ukraine etc. But regardless of that Ukraine is Internationally recognised as a sovereign nation and that extends to The Crimea which Russia currently illegally occupies, except if you are The Stop The War Coalition...

No-War-in-Ukraine-graphic-FB-600-1.png

That's the current graphic on the STWC's website. They really don't do themselves any favours. They wouldn't draw a map of Palestine with the Occupied Territories as Israeli

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Does Starmer still believe modern Russia is communist?

I don't think the label matters so much. It's effectively an autocracy

I think Starmer's point is more that the STWC is seemingly siding with and doing the work of that autocracy and given the admirers of Stalin (Andrew Murray) and Russian stooges (George Galloway) involved in STWC it's not that ludicrous an opinion

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Neil Coyle, MP for Bermondsey & Old Southwark has the Labour whip withdrawn.

Allegedly for racially abusing reporter Henry Dyer while discussing Barry Gardiner's China connections. 

Good. The guy's well-known for being an absurdly toxic bully, and for hanging out in the bars at Westminster being belligerent. A man with no worth at all IMO. 

So, the Coventry bin men - union busting corporate centrist in battle against labour (small l) or Sir Kier standing up to egomaniacal unions threatening local services?

Probably a bit of both I reckon.

He has my LEV vote but jeez he makes it hard to feel okay about it.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, the Coventry bin men - union busting corporate centrist in battle against labour (small l) or Sir Kier standing up to egomaniacal unions threatening local services?

Probably a bit of both I reckon.

He has my LEV vote but jeez he makes it hard to feel okay about it.

Sharon Graham isn't messing about, and won't take crap from anyone when her members are getting messed about. Unite under her are heavily focused on their industrial strategy. Love to see it personally. 

Give the workers what they want. They've earned it.

A Labour Council hiring scab workers is as low as it gets. No shame whatsoever. 

• Like 1

“Work shoulder to shoulder with trade unions to stand up for working people, tackle insecure work and low pay. Repeal the Trade Union Act. Oppose Tory attacks on the right to take industrial action and the weakening of workplace rights.”

Nice one Keef, sounds great. Oh. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is someone in the Stop the War Coalition. I know he's no longer in the party but he is a fellower traveller of Abbott, Corbyn, Murray, German et al

He's not entirely wrong. Trump absolutely would have made a deal that would have resulted in a nice number of shiny new Trump hotels in Kyiv after the invasion took place.

• Haha 1

You know what Starmer was saying about STWC the other day... Abbott going on about Russia not being the aggressor isn't really going to make anyone think he was wrong

If Putin isn't paying them, they should be sending him an invoice for their services anyway

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, bickster said:

You know what Starmer was saying about STWC the other day... Abbott going on about Russia not being the aggressor isn't really going to make anyone think he was wrong

If Putin isn't paying them, they should be sending him an invoice for their services anyway

This video has made me reconfirm my thoughts that some people just shouldn't be in politics.

Edited by trekka

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

Thankfully 40k people from Hakney and Stoke Newington disagree. Hero of the labour movement, and one of the dwindling number of the PLP that keep me in the party. 

Have you listened to that video? Her analysis is so off it's from a parallel universe

Remind me which country has 150,000 troops amassed on the border of another sovereign state, part of whose territory it already illegally occupies.

It's beyond delusional

Just now, bickster said:

Have you listened to that video? Her analysis is so off it's from a parallel universe

Remind me which country has 150,000 troops amassed on the border of another sovereign state, part of whose territory it already illegally occupies.

It's beyond delusional

Yeah I did. I edited my quote. Can't be arsed mate. Just forget I said anything. Don't think this thread is for me anymore. I'll leave it at that. 

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

Yeah I did. I edited my quote. Can't be arsed mate. Just forget I said anything. Don't think this thread is for me anymore. I'll leave it at that. 

Shame you feel like that, I really would like to hear an opposing view if it adds to the debate

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â